Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Well I for one am shocked.

Shocked that anyone would be stupid enough to buy the 1.4 figure in the first place.
They don't "buy it", they just repeat it over and over until it becomes the truth. Then they'll argue it as being true. Land of confusion.

Shocked is that Lindsay Lohan hasn't overdosed -- but this, is completely expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Bills passed by Bush and the Great Recession are not retroactively Obama's fault? That's a really intelligent statement.

Why stop there? It's his fault that the Vandals sacked Rome, that we had a Great Depression or World War I? Perhaps he was the cause of the fall of the Republic in Star Wars also.

PS. Feel free to man up and run the numbers when taking into consideration the economic conditions that he inherited. Comparing a President inheriting a once in a lifetime economic crisis to those who did not is rather foolish.

It doesn't take a liberal to shoot down stupid theories. The deficit in the first few years of Obama's Presidency was equal parts of there already, increased spending mostly from discretionary programs and decreased receipts due to the economic mess.

It's easy for you beat your chest and give the usual emotional one sided answer, but some people like to be adults and make points that would actually get a pass in 10th grade.

Man up, discount the numbers based on the economic conditions and then come back and act like you have a real point as until then, you don't. You have smoke and mirrors that justify your emotions.

Oh for the good old days where conservatives actually knew what they were talking about and didn't operate on emotion.

Also, any of you can grow a set, man up and explain how radically different McCain's plan was during that election. I mean I can save you the time and explain that it was the same thing but with different proportions, but I think you could use the research.
I'll give you credit noexcuse, you are the first and ONLY lefty with the cojones to actually attempt a response.

But even you don't seem to have an answer to the fact that Rex Nutting, and now Team Obama, is claiming a 1.4% number while AP, WaPo, and WSJ all agree that the real number is at least 5%. How do you blame that prevarication on Bush?? Did a Bush operative infiltrate Team Obama and slip a "bad at math" pill into their coffee???

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
How can you trust a RWNJ rag like the WAPO?

Old 05-29-2012, 08:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
2 days and not a whole lot of rebuttal from the left on this....

I wonder why?
I think we both know why they have stayed away. They were making all that noise about the 1.4% and once someone proved them to be wrong they just stay away. They knew all along that it was really stupid numbers but tried very hard to make it right.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:47 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How can you trust a RWNJ rag like the WAPO?

The WASHINGTON POST, often called "THE Democrat Party newspaper", also debunked the numbers. If the 4th most liberal rag on the planet says it stinks, it must reek horribly!

Most liberal media;
1.MSNBC
2.BBC (UK)
3.ABC (part of go.com)
4.CNN
5.New York Times
6.Reuters
7.The Guardian (UK)
8.Washington Post (4th among newspapers)
9.San Francisco Chronicle
10.NBC

I know that reasoning with some liberals is like talking to dirt, but they can't possibly deny this when it's being debunked by so many liberal sources -- Right?

Right?

<<sigh>>

Old 04-05-2014, 07:13 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times

The Tremeloes - Silence is Golden - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies