Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 06:52 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I've heard that too; the fair skin "Blacks" are looked at as being better even by Black people. Yep; racism is alive and well against Black people and it ain't whites behind in there.
Yes, and mixed race people are also treated as lesser beings by whites AND blacks. I never had white people physically assault me because of the color of my skin: black people did twice in my life time. You try growing up in Elizabeth, NJ and dealing with "da brothas" and see how you feel.

America just needs to face it: Mixed people are both black and white at the same time, meaning WE ARE NEITHER.

Funny thing is, white America is a lot more willing to accept that mixed people are a different class of people, while blacks are the ones who try to "one drop" us.

Here is some evidence:
Daily Number: Is Obama Black? - Pew Research Center

And spare me..SPARE ME the old, tired "you are black because you will face discrimination"crap. Mestizo Mexicans also face discrimination in America...are they black? Asian American are looked at as foreigners, even if they've been in America for generations...are they black?

And we as mulattoes face a different degrees of discrimination than blacks do, and here is some evidence:
Americans rank mixed race people ahead of blacks socially | theGrio

So, whites don't quite accept us and blacks don't quite accept us neither. That's what I've been saying. Face it black America: MIXED RACE PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT. The entire rest of the world, from Latin America to Europe to Africa gets it, and white America is starting to as well, but blacks still feel a need to first, say we're "half breed, high yellow blah blah..." and then say "but you're still black"

So either the whole world is wrong...or black America is wrong. Which one is it?

Looking at the behavior of some of these people...I think it's safe to say the rest of the world is right.

Mobile, Alabama Leprechaun Crackhead Pot of Gold - YouTube

Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
I'd like some opinions here. Do you think the "One Drop Rule" still applies here in the U.S.?

-And if not who is Black here in America?

-Can person classified as "Black" choose to be "White" if he/she has enough Causasian blood?

-Any why are people who have heavy amounts of Black ancestry (think carbbean hispanics) not viewed as Black but as White?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
A girl I know that goes to UW River Falls is a white blonde haired woman with african american parents. I have talked to her before, she is the child of black parents and they are her parents. dna confirmed from what she told me.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Yep. They are usually the ones who are racist against Black people because they have more social power than we do. An article stated that black people fall behind biracials socially. They are more favored by whites and other races

So you admit all that, and yet you say biracials are the same as black?

And do I understand that whites will look at me different than they will someone as black as Don Cheadle? Of course. Do I like it? HELL NO! I have met plenty of Africans who are more intelligent than I am. Understanding that one had a racial privilege and BEING OKAY WITH that racial privilege are two different things. I hate that my African friends will be looked at as less than I am, even if they are smarter.

So, we mulattoes get a taste of both oppression and white guilt at the same time, hence we can actually understand white America better than blacks in that regard.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What you just said goes BOTH ways. I've known several anglo white people with a Black grandparent. I said "anglo white" cause they DON'T consider themselves "Black", probably they don't wanna be counted as a hood rat.

There is a difference between having a distant ancestor who is a part of a group and being a part of that group. Someone with a black great grand parent is not black per se, but white with a black ancestor. Rebecca Hall is 1/8th black, but is she black? And HOW STUPID WOULD SHE LOOK IF SHE CLAIMED SHE IS BLACK?

Old 05-31-2012, 07:16 PM

2 posts, read 7,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Oh really I guess that:

Aryan Nation

American Nazi Party

Ku Klux Klan

European-American Unity and Rights Organization

League of the South

Council of Conservative Citizens

White Revolution

Blood and Honour America Division

Stormfront

have absolutely NOTHING to do with promoting racial division.

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah and I'm sure the out of control Black crime rate, culture of poverty, violence and 'keeping it real' have nothing to do with it either.

I wish these clowns would stop and ask themselves why White people seemingly have no issues with Asians yet are somehow evil racist oppressors towards the 'innocent' Black man.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think whatever race a person relates to is the one the person should choose. I really don't care that President Obama chooses to relate to the Black Community and culture more than his mom white side. He's black and it was probably easier and more comfortable for him.

That's weird since his Dad did the stereotypical Black father thing and fled while his White family raised him.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:27 PM

37,180 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
I'd like some opinions here. Do you think the "One Drop Rule" still applies here in the U.S.?

-And if not who is Black here in America?

-Can person classified as "Black" choose to be "White" if he/she has enough Causasian blood?

-Any why are people who have heavy amounts of Black ancestry (think carbbean hispanics) not viewed as Black but as White?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
According to the Human Genome Project all humans share a common ancestor that originated in Africa.

I would say in answer to your question, You and Me, to start with.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
There is a difference between having a distant ancestor who is a part of a group and being a part of that group. Someone with a black great grand parent is not black per se, but white with a black ancestor. Rebecca Hall is 1/8th black, but is she black? And HOW STUPID WOULD SHE LOOK IF SHE CLAIMED SHE IS BLACK?
If a person does not "look" Black yet decides to identify as Black because they feel culturally connected, then why would that be of any great concern to you? If that person wishes to identify themselves as biracial or multiracial, that is fine as well. I don't see the issue here. Its not rocket science.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If a person does not "look" Black yet decides to identify as Black because they feel culturally connected, then why would that be of any great concern to you? If that person wishes to identify themselves as biracial or multiracial, that is fine as well. I don't see the issue here. Its not rocket science.
I don't care what culture someone chooses to identify with but that isn't what this is about. You can't claim to be of a race/genetics that you aren't.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,526,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't care what culture someone chooses to identify with but that isn't what this is about. You can't claim to be of a race/genetics that you aren't.

Victoria Rowell and her daughter

Eartha Kitt with her daughter and grandaughter

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies