Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:57 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Alcohol plays a major role in most of the stupidity around here.

Anyway, I have no sympathy for her. Seriously, how damn drunk do you have to be in order to not know where you are?

Most of the locals, myself included, support the homeowner. Put yourself in his place. Middle of the night and you hear someone in your house, you yell at them to leave and instead they walk into your bedroom and toward you and your wife. What would you do under those circumstances?

The homeowner would have been well within his rights had he killed her. She's lucky that all he did was wound her.

So, she's gonna have a scar, boo hoo. At least she's still alive. Hopefully she's learned something from this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 AM

52,536 posts, read 34,259,842 times
All things considered, she's mighty lucky to have come away with no more than a booboo on her hip.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,479,246 times
Hopefully she learned her lesson about getting drunk and the homeowners learn their lesson about locking doors. The next person coming thru their unlocked door may not be unarmed and drunk.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:48 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
If it was out of character for her to wander into someones bedroom like that then nobody really knows what she would have done do they? I'm not saying she was their to kill or harm but I'm not saying she wasn't either. How the heck does anyone know since she was already acting "out of character"? If she was in the midst of a psychotic breakdown or hallucinating or whatever then anything is possible.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:52 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,657,815 times
Whether a drunk or psychopath, she got what she deserved. We have too many idiots of this sort

Old 05-28-2012, 03:02 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,213,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Whether a drunk or psychopath, she got what she deserved. We have too many idiots of this sort
They tested her BAL, it was .2. That's drunk.

And I agree, she asked for it.

I have no sympathy for her, or anyone else who chooses to get drunk and behave stupidly. Last month we had 3 beautiful girls killed here in town because of a drunk driver, his two passengers will carry scars for the rest of their lives.

Last night, two more died because they were in a stolen vehicle and thought they could outrun a state trooper.

Will these kids never learn? The things they choose to do doesn't just affect them, they also affect everyone around them as well.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:55 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I absolutely 100%+ believe in the Make My Day law.

You betcha.

And yes, one of the cardinal rules is shoot to kill.

There are plenty of bleeding hearts who will defend the drunk, though.
Love that "Make My Day" law, huh? Would it make your day to kill someone? I mean, defending your home is one thing, but to crow about "Make My Day" is quite another.

I'm guessing that the home owners in this incident are probably pretty happy they didn't kill this woman and have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:58 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
And how, in the dark, are you going to be able to tell who the drunk is? Do you want to maybe GUESS and take a chance?
Maybe you can smell her?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:59 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
They tested her BAL, it was .2. That's drunk.

And I agree, she asked for it.

I have no sympathy for her, or anyone else who chooses to get drunk and behave stupidly. Last month we had 3 beautiful girls killed here in town because of a drunk driver, his two passengers will carry scars for the rest of their lives.

Last night, two more died because they were in a stolen vehicle and thought they could outrun a state trooper.

Will these kids never learn? The things they choose to do doesn't just affect them, they also affect everyone around them as well.
Why would they learn, when probably what they hear all the time is ME, MINE, and rugged individualism, rather than any social responsibility toward people their world and community?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
She's lucky the guy was a bad shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies