Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Va. Beach
6,392 posts, read 5,145,577 times
Reputation: 2283

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
How about this. Rather then testing random people on the street about primary school science and asking their opinion on Global warming. Why not ask people who actually are scientists and deal with science for a living what they think.

Oh I know why...Its because you lose.

Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real
Sorry a 2 year old report of questionable background, from ANOTHER source, that questioned a bunch of scientists who has already published reports in favor of climate change..

The truth is, that MANY scientists have altered their position on the subject as more data has become available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
 
Location: NC
9,984 posts, read 10,350,384 times
Reputation: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Sorry a 2 year old report of questionable background, from ANOTHER source, that questioned a bunch of scientists who has already published reports in favor of climate change..

The truth is, that MANY scientists have altered their position on the subject as more data has become available.
Link please. The fact is there are countless surveys showing exactly what that one does. Just look at the wiki links.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way the OP is absurd. It is about as indicative of the existence of ACC as a quiz on Holmesian expressions is indicative of legal knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
 
6,734 posts, read 9,309,340 times
Reputation: 1857
Is this the source cited by Fox News? Journal home : Nature Climate Change

I can't find the quiz...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:48 PM
 
13,053 posts, read 12,902,544 times
Reputation: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
How about this. Rather then testing random people on the street about primary school science and asking their opinion on Global warming. Why not ask people who actually are scientists and deal with science for a living what they think.

Oh I know why...Its because you lose.

Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change is real

What is the name of the study? Where is the citation to it in the article? All it gives is the authors, are we supposed to go on a chase to find it?

Can YOU provide the source to the research that is being vaguely mentioned in your article?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
 
Location: NC
9,984 posts, read 10,350,384 times
Reputation: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What is the name of the study? Where is the citation to it in the article? All it gives is the authors, are we supposed to go on a chase to find it?

Can YOU provide the source to the research that is being vaguely mentioned in your article?
I have provided it twice over. If your too lazy to open links I can't help you but here is my last futile attempt.

Expert credibility in climate change
http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

Even among scientists who are not publishing the support is still astronomically high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:51 PM
 
13,053 posts, read 12,902,544 times
Reputation: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Link please. The fact is there are countless surveys showing exactly what that one does. Just look at the wiki links.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Either way the OP is absurd. It is about as indicative of the existence of ACC as a quiz on Holmesian expressions is indicative of legal knowledge.

You ask for links, but then cite articles that don't even cite the research they are talking about and then you go on to cite a wiki source on climate change?

/shakes head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
 
Location: NC
9,984 posts, read 10,350,384 times
Reputation: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You ask for links, but then cite articles that don't even cite the research they are talking about and then you go on to cite a wiki source on climate change?

/shakes head
Ok I know you may not have much experience with Wikipedia but if you go to the bottem there are a series of links to support the information in the article If you bothered to actually spend 5 minutes looking at it you would find the information in links 106-7.

Like I said if you are too lazy to open links and read I cannot help you, but it really makes you look, well dumb, asking for the same stuff over and over and over again when it is posted in links over and over and over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
 
13,053 posts, read 12,902,544 times
Reputation: 2618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I have provided it twice over. If your too lazy to open links I can't help you but here is my last futile attempt.

Expert credibility in climate change
http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

Even among scientists who are not publishing the support is still astronomically high.
Oh, that one! That is the "black list" paper that was done and it was completely discredited.

*chuckle*

1. They used Google Scholar rather than an Academic database.
2. They got names and job titles wrong.
3. They searched in English Only (See a problem there?)
4. The provided incorrect numbers of publications and citations.
5. The entire thing was developed from a weblog of an activist who kept lists on skeptics and it was being called for to be used as a "black list" for any who did not toe the line of climate change in their work and statements.

Seriously, got propaganda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Va. Beach
6,392 posts, read 5,145,577 times
Reputation: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I have provided it twice over. If your too lazy to open links I can't help you but here is my last futile attempt.

Expert credibility in climate change
http://tigger.uic.edu/~pdoran/012009_Doran_final.pdf

Even among scientists who are not publishing the support is still astronomically high.
Your cite is 2½ to 3 years old. Please cite something current.

VOLUME 90 NUMBER 3 20 JANUARY 2009
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
 
Location: NC
9,984 posts, read 10,350,384 times
Reputation: 3086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Oh, that one! That is the "black list" paper that was done and it was completely discredited.

*chuckle*

1. They used Google Scholar rather than an Academic database.
2. They got names and job titles wrong.
3. They searched in English Only (See a problem there?)
4. The provided incorrect numbers of publications and citations.
5. The entire thing was developed from a weblog of an activist who kept lists on skeptics and it was being called for to be used as a "black list" for any who did not toe the line of climate change in their work and statements.

Seriously, got propaganda?
Maybe in right wing world, but the fact is neither you nor any single other person in this thread has produced a single piece of evidence to discredit ACC or even discredit any surveys about ACC except for unsubstantiated claims that I am just supposed to believe because you said so.

Maybe this is why Conservatives hate science, because they have to empirically prove their fantasies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top