U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 AM

79,839 posts, read 41,327,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I guess since they need a place to mail your paperwork, we should be providing everyone with housing as well, right?
I made no argument for providing anyone anything. I was simply addressing your questions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 AM

69,364 posts, read 61,440,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I made no argument for providing anyone anything. I was simply addressing your questions.
Well you did make the next step which was that some people didnt have phones, if that wasnt your argument, then what was the need to add this?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 AM

17,124 posts, read 11,124,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
More than I care to say on CD. Trust me politics had very little to do with these amoral people. Political leanings are a tool for them. The republican Ceo's office was right next door to the democrat chairman recruited straight from D.C to lobby on behalf of the company. They kept both ends covered and they got along just fine. At the end of the day it was about the money they were making not any belief system.
Good - they were doing their job. You do know that a CEO's obligation is to make money, don't you?

Just curious - were you let go? Is that where this resentment stems from?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:50 AM

79,839 posts, read 41,327,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Well you did make the next step which was that some people didnt have phones, if that wasnt your argument, then what was the need to add this?
Simply stating the facts of the matter.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,848,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
More than I care to say on CD. Trust me politics had very little to do with these amoral people. Political leanings are a tool for them. The republican Ceo's office was right next door to the democrat chairman recruited straight from D.C to lobby on behalf of the company. They kept both ends covered and they got along just fine. At the end of the day it was about the money they were making not any belief system.

Don't let an Obamabot hear you say that!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
After Hoover's policies increased the severity of it.
Wow, "Bush's fault" even back then.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
So in essence you are saying it's none of your business that there is not enough middle class income in the American economy to help boost economic growth for EVERYBODY because CEOs and other wealthy Americans would rather keep their high salaries and profits invest them in the financial markets for speculative gains that do not create jobs and emerging market countries where they will build factories, research and development centers and other business and then ship jobs that used to be done by Americans to those countries.

How's that working for you?
You're very correct. But have you asked yourself why those companies go out of the US for their factories, etc? That would be the out-of-control regulation brought down by our federal government.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM

41,477 posts, read 57,040,180 times
OP - Pure BS! The income gap is not just measured in consumption but in political and economic power. By that standard the US is ruled by about 1% of its population. That is neither a Republic nor a Democracy but a tyranny of those that can vote them selves privilege without responsibility. The mortgage bailout is just one example. Lower top marginal tax rate is another. The biggest is using our armed forces to solve a business problem with the leader of Iraq. That was a war for private profit.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 AM

12,152 posts, read 8,043,969 times
I need a million bucks. The tax rate is 40% so I pay myself $1.66 million and I have my million. You raise the tax rate to 50% so I pay myself $2 million. To get even with the rich you raise the tax rate to 90% and I pay myself $10 million. I raise prices and slash salaries across the company. You would have got that 10 cent raise but tough cookies now.

Uncle Sam takes the extra tax money and spends it studying the mating habits of a snail darter in a tributary of the Sierra Nevada. The grant money funds grad students from China. The American kids are too busy Occupying Starbucks to actually get an advanced degree.

You won. You raised my taxes.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:02 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,912,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Good - they were doing their job. You do know that a CEO's obligation is to make money, don't you?

Just curious - were you let go? Is that where this resentment stems from?
Nope. I took the job after I left teaching in the hellish NYC public school system. I have administrative experience and I wasn't sure about my future. After a few months I realized that my BA wasn't worth the paper it was written on and I went back to school and became an RN. I didn't want to spend my life making pennies and having crappy expensive health insurance while working for a multi-millionaire who worked next door to a multi- billionaire. These people are carnival barkers and we the people democrat and republican are suckers.

Who do you think controls the press that write these articles? Have you ever met people who can change laws with a few phone calls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies