Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:01 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Shotgun is best weapon for home defense and having a flashlight that you can point in the direction to both blind and illuminate your target is very desirable feature.
Just make certain that you don't suffer from premature illumination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Just make certain that you don't suffer from premature illumination.
Yes, I probably wouldn't have one unless the on/off button could easily be thumbed from the grip yet still out the way enough to prevent it from accidentally being activated.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:16 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Some will say hogs, some will same wild game...but I WANT to see who I'm about to blast on both my 'berg 500 & rem 870.
I also own a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 870. My Remington is my bird gun, with a standard 28" barrel and modified choke, with a magazine capacity of three rounds. My Mossberg, however, is my camp gun. It has an 18.5" rifled barrel, and an extended tube magazine capable of holding seven rounds.

I carry my camp gun everywhere I go in the bush, particularly when I am fishing. Thankfully, I have not had an occasion to use my camp gun in self-defense, but I continue to carry it nonetheless. It is always better to have a firearm and not need it, than to need a firearm and not have it.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I also own a Mossberg 500 and a Remington 870. My Remington is my bird gun, with a standard 28" barrel and modified choke, with a magazine capacity of three rounds. My Mossberg, however, is my camp gun. It has an 18.5" rifled barrel, and an extended tube magazine capable of holding seven rounds.

I carry my camp gun everywhere I go in the bush, particularly when I am fishing. Thankfully, I have not had an occasion to use my camp gun in self-defense, but I continue to carry it nonetheless. It is always better to have a firearm and not need it, than to need a firearm and not have it.
What? You don't want a future as bear scat? I suspect there are slugs in that extended magazine.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
There are no ballistics to trace, with a shotgun!

Old 05-29-2012, 06:57 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
America's Most Wanted Guns - TIME

Old, ten years old, but I imagine very little has changed.

Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

And that one is much more recent.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:17 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
America's Most Wanted Guns - TIME

Old, ten years old, but I imagine very little has changed.

Gun crime statistics by US state: download the data. Visualised | World news | guardian.co.uk

And that one is much more recent.
This clearly shows the dangers that semi-auto assault rifle clones and large capacity shotguns pose to our nation's innocent little children. We must ban them, before it's too late!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:22 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As a state Senator he supported every "gun control" bill that came down the pike.
Funny how every week we read about all the murders in Chicago. They have to have one of the highest murder rates for 2012.

They should pass out a shotgun to everyone in Chicago who actually pays an income tax.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:31 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I know this has been rumored before, but this comes from a respected source. It was printed in the most recent issue (June 2012) of Gun News, which is a monthly mag of the Washington Arms Collectors, a large organization in my state of WA.

Joe Waldron, who writes a column on legislative news, says that he talked to an ATF agent in April, and that they are considering reclassifying certain shotguns as 'destructive devices.' For practical purposes, it would make them unavailable to the average Joe.

Doubtless this would include my Mossberg 590 with its bayonet lug and flashlight forend that I installed, even though I haven't heard of any drive-by bayonetings or flashlight attacks lately. Also presumably the shotguns with detachable mags and perhaps the innovative Keltec KSG shotgun would be targets, (pun/hate speech violation intended).

This would not have to be passed into law by Congress or signed by the President--it would just be a new rule decided by the BATFE. Politically speaking it would seem to be an exploding cigar (pun again intended) for the admin, so I'm guessing that any decision would not happen before Nov. 6, unless somebody at BATFE wants to pull the rug out from under Obama/Holder.

The Gun News is a respected source and an unidentified ATF agent, do you have anything else?

I would expect this would need to be published in the Federal Register no?

Old 05-29-2012, 07:35 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
Besides watching what the ATF wants to do with certain types of shotguns. Obama reversed a Bush decision not to be involved in the U.N. treaty on weapons control. He gave Sec Clinton authority to get in the discussions on a world wide treaty to ban the sale, transfer of weapons and eventual confiscation. The treaty would over ride the 2nd amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies