Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 01:13 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post

Abortion is just a milder form of infanticide.

not even close to being true.

abortion is a legal medical procedure that allows a woman to expel unwanted clumps of cells.

please look up the word infanticide in a dictionary; its apparent that you have no idea what it means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 01:30 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,991 times
I realized this is a huge problem in Asia but had no idea it was going on here too. I find this deeply offensive.

I read that China is trying to crack down on this. They have a serious shortage of women because of it. Millions of Chinese men will never find a wife. I thought of a solution. If a couple has a sex selective abortion the father should get the death penalty. Not only is this fair punishment for killing a baby girl, it will help balance out the sex ratio in China.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:32 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I realized this is a huge problem in Asia but had no idea it was going on here too. I find this deeply offensive.
It's not happening here. Its a **** and bull story from a known organization that victimizes women all the time. And PP has fired the woman in the video.

Notice how no one in this thread made mention of this

Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 AM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You have two 3 month old babies/fetuses (whatever you want to call them).

One is a parasite that deserves to be thrown out into the garbage,

The other is a precious little angel,

The difference? One is wanted, and the other is not.

Abortion is just a milder form of infanticide.
Oh I just posted this on another thread! It's the same arguement when people talk about being prolife except in the cases of rape or incest. But shat if one was a result of a wild, crazy night of mindblowing sex and the other a result of rape. The difference? None, neither is wanted.

I disagree with the infanticide thing, it's not even a proper definition.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 AM

805 posts, read 1,084,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
I'm curious. Do you have kids? Girlfriend/wife?
I do. My wife is currently pregnant with twins- she hit 15 weeks yesterday. Already at her 12-week sonogram, we were able to see both the babies moving, listened to the heartbeat, and watched each baby stretching their hand out as if to "wave" at us, and noticed virtually every single human feature- including tiny toes, fingers, and nose.

We both watched the video last night and she was in tears by the end. I really, really want a boy...but if we find out on Friday at her checkup that both of these babies are girls, I would never, ever consider murdering both of them just to get what I want.

You people who would argue in support of abortion, murdering babies, gendercide and infanticide, are creeping very close to saying the same things that the Nazis and slavery-supporters did when you mention that "They're not people...they're fetuses." Think about those words..."they're not people."

Bull. Come and watch a routine sonogram sometime. Read the book "Unplanned." Better yet, go watch an abortion procedure, listen to the doctor tell the practitioner to "Beam me up, Scotty", and watch the baby kick and try to fend off the invading object. And then tell me that it's not murder, and that it is just really a women's rights issue to choose what she wants to do with her body. That position is indefensible, end of story.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Really active and gross imagination you have there. Thank you that PP doesn't do anything that you describe. We know that you have never told the truth about PP.
There are now a number of videos about PP's true intentions. I would also suggest you read the book "Unplanned" to find out what's really behind this despicable, murderous organization that is being funded by our tax dollars.

If you don't read the book, let me break it down for you: PP doesn't make hardly any money on mammograms, birth control, and other services that it provides. So, to make up the difference and stay solvent, they push abortion a lot, because it makes the organization a lot of money. It's similar to going to a restaurant and ordering a burger: the place doesn't make a lot of money on it, so they push you to get the drink and fries as well- which are high-profit items.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times
Quote:
It's not happening here. Its a **** and bull story from a known organization that victimizes women all the time. And PP has fired the woman in the video.

I did...but you'd have to read the thread to know that.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:04 AM

Quote:

Dude, quit trying to spin this as a once in a blue moon type of incident. Common sense tells you that if there's smoke, there's fire. Typical liberal reaction- point out the truth, and then you squirm and tell me something's wrong with the way the data was gathered, that's it's not really indicative of a larger problem, and there's something wrong with ME for thinking that.

Do you realize how intellectually stupid that is?

Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
"...the brain is already developed alot."

At 23 weeks.....

Planned Parenthood is despicable. And those of you who support Planned Parenthood and abortions at 23 weeks are despicable as well.

When the PP employee starting saying that, my interpretation was she was trying to dissuade the mother without outright saying it.

I do agree with you though. Abortions in the second trimester should only be done for extenuating circumstwnces.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
I do. My wife is currently pregnant with twins- she hit 15 weeks yesterday. Already at her 12-week sonogram, we were able to see both the babies moving, listened to the heartbeat, and watched each baby stretching their hand out as if to "wave" at us, and noticed virtually every single human feature- including tiny toes, fingers, and nose.

We both watched the video last night and she was in tears by the end. I really, really want a boy...but if we find out on Friday at her checkup that both of these babies are girls, I would never, ever consider murdering both of them just to get what I want.

You people who would argue in support of abortion, murdering babies, gendercide and infanticide, are creeping very close to saying the same things that the Nazis and slavery-supporters did when you mention that "They're not people...they're fetuses." Think about those words..."they're not people."

Bull. Come and watch a routine sonogram sometime. Read the book "Unplanned." Better yet, go watch an abortion procedure, listen to the doctor tell the practitioner to "Beam me up, Scotty", and watch the baby kick and try to fend off the invading object. And then tell me that it's not murder, and that it is just really a women's rights issue to choose what she wants to do with her body. That position is indefensible, end of story.
Bolding in red and blue above, mine.

I thought you "Pro-Lifers"" thought ALL babies are gifts from god??????

Girl babies just a little less?????? Aren't female babies "people"?

It's OK for YOU to be sexist but no one else????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies