Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
That's the problem - too many don't care about anybody but themselves.
These are innocent children (developing human beings) - most who feel their bodies being ripped apart & you don't care?
You think this is not abuse???
They aren't children yet. And I speak from experience, I rather my mother had aborted me instead of dragging me thru her life as the "mistake child" . And this is why I feel this way. I personally probably wouldn't get abortion but if that's what others want to do then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:47 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
They aren't children yet. And I speak from experience, I rather my mother had aborted me instead of dragging me thru her life as the "mistake child" . And this is why I feel this way. I personally probably wouldn't get abortion but if that's what others want to do then so be it.
Seek professional help, please. That you would rather not exist now than overcome what your mothers' shortcomings were is just not healthy. Your mother could have placed you up for adoption. You are not a mistake regarless of your mother's own selfishness and abusive nature.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:49 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Seek professional help, please. That you would rather not exist now than overcome what your mothers' shortcomings were is just not healthy. Your mother could have placed you up for adoption. You are not a mistake regarless of your mother's own selfishness and abusive nature.
wow, that totally flew over your head.

she/he is expressing that she doesn't want the same abuse to happen to an innocent, but unwanted child. because OF her experience, the choice to have an abortion should remain legal, for those mothers, who are just not fit to be one yet.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
deleted

Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
most who feel their bodies being ripped apart
Um.

No.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Seconds of pain or years upon decades of pain. Which is more inhumane?
You're assuming that all children who are allowed to LIVE, are going to suffer - when there is no statistical basis for this. Infact, I've read that most "unplanned" pregnancies turn out to be fine & parents and children rise to the occasion & do well as families!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:21 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,132,277 times
Incase there are any pregnant women who are not ready to be mothers reading this...
There are resources & support you can turn to, so you can continue your pregnancy and
find guidance in either keeping your baby or helping find adoptive parents...

The Harvest Home (Event in August with Ray Romano From Everybody Loves Raymond)
Patricia Heaton also has advocated & helped pregnant college women.
Harvest Home, a non profit ministry that helps homeless, pregnant women

Resources For Single Pregnant Mothers | LIVESTRONG.COM

There are many adoption services...
Here's a link to start:
National Adoption Agencies

Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Incase there are any pregnant women who are not ready to be mothers reading this...
There are resources & support you can turn to, so you can continue your pregnancy and
find guidance in either keeping your baby or helping find adoptive parents...

thanks, but its still up to the woman. you'd be dumb if you think that most women don't know of the other options. The fact is they can choose what they want to do , and none of you women haters has any say in it.

Please keep your beliefs and your opinions out of their lives.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:48 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
...so you can continue your pregnancy and ...
Not WANTING to continue the pregnancy is the #1 reason for abortion I hear.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I'm sorry I don't care. It's their body . I rather they not have it then raise kids they resent, hate,abuse or dont take care of.
Quote:
That's the problem - too many don't care about anybody but themselves."""

The poster above that you quoted sounded VERY concerned about what happens to unwanted children....it's twisted to say he only cares about himself...sounds like he's thinking of the child-that-may-be and the life it could lead....Anti-Choicers do NOT give a damn about kids once they're born especially if they're poor, a minority or their mother is single.

""These are innocent children (developing human beings) - most who feel their bodies being ripped apart """

No, and YOU canNOT prove they do. Anyway, are you going to scour the earth saving ALL children from any and all pain ?

""""& you don't care?
You think this is not abuse???
No, it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Is that anything like those women who are staving their babies to death with BC pills because these embroys can't implant? Those poor "babies" shriveling up and dehydrating to death? Imagine all the SUFFERING they have before dying at 7 days after conception to end up flushed down TOILET BOWLS as their graves. This is what the anti-choice, relgiious right are saying, and this is why they want contraceptives banned TOO.

Their incubators could die themselves for all they care. Once these babies are born, they could care less if they have to grow up begging in the streets. LIFE only matters until the labor is over.
Good post and true!

And no Anti-Choicer can argue it isn't , they have a long and documented history of hating anyone who isn't them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies