Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 03:18 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Speaking of sad and impaired... You do realize that the TEA Party isn't real fond of Bush and his spending habits, right?

If you're going to parrot liberal lies, you should at least make sure that they're coherent and demonstrate some semblance of logic. Failure to do so is akin to getting up on a stage and announcing to the world that you're dumb as a rock.
Why was I not made aware that no Tea Partier in 2012 voted for Bush? I remember so many right wingers voting for him that I must've forgot. Any Republican who EVERYONE hates should be written out of the record, regardless how hard Tea Partiers were pimping for him, got it! There is nothing true about anything you said, am I to assume the 45% Romey is getting is 0% tea partiers and 0% Bush voters? Here's an online pillow...so it doesn't hurt as much when you fall flat on your face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Would 9/11 had still happened?
Would we have had several wars?
Would Katrina had gone a little better?
Would the economy had tanked?<

9-11 Highly likely
wars. Afganistan 40%. Iraq Highly unlikely. Lotta money saved there.
Probably not much. Nagin and the gov of LA had their hands in it also.
Probably. MANY FROM BOTH PARTIES in and out of government had their hands in the banking crisis.

As for the carbon tax... Even with Gore it had to get thru congress first.

Tempes. Go easy on the kool aid there!
Too late for that!

Old 05-29-2012, 03:24 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Would 9/11 had still happened?
Would the economy had tanked?

What if...?

Discuss
911 and Aghanistan and even maybe Iraq qould have happened, but the economic meltdown would not have happened. Gore would not have made tax cuts which were not offset by spending cuts, and he would not have accelerated the housing boom like Bush did. The economy would not have melted down on his watch like it did with Bush. It takes a series of many mistakes to screw it up as bad as Bush did.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:37 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
I don't know why people still think that a change of party and President would have made any difference. Bush Sr>> enter Clinton>>enter Bush Jr>>enter Obama... it has been twenty years of the same thing on a progressive scale of bad.

The country is being run by the bankers who pull the financial strings of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
911 and Aghanistan and even maybe Iraq qould have happened, but the economic meltdown would not have happened. Gore would not have made tax cuts which were not offset by spending cuts, and he would not have accelerated the housing boom like Bush did. The economy would not have melted down on his watch like it did with Bush. It takes a series of many mistakes to screw it up as bad as Bush did.
Hindsight is 20/20, however your's isn't measurable. Gore would have accelerated carbon credits and we'd not be enjoying the fruits of new found energy. There are many many variables that you've ignored. One mans yin is another mans yang, but Gore is a twang. He is the consumate "what's in it for me" liberal on a mission to save the world by way of his bank account.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Hindsight is 20/20, however your's isn't measurable. Gore would have accelerated carbon credits and we'd not be enjoying the fruits of new found energy. There are many many variables that you've ignored. One mans yin is another mans yang, but Gore is a twang. He is the consumate "what's in it for me" liberal on a mission to save the world by way of his bank account.
How would Gore have accelerated carbon credits with Republicans in control of the House and the Senate? I don't think so. His biggest accomplishments would have been the vetos the bone headed economic policies coming from the Congress. It did not happen with Bush, because he signed everything they brought to his desk.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:49 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
What if...?

Discuss

You mean how much worse than they made it already?

Is everyone forgetting Al Gore and Clinton directed Loral to go over to the Chinese to repair their rockets that were blowing up and their guidance systems?
Look it up, google can be your friend.
So thanks to Al Gore and Bill Clinton the Chinese were given the ability to target and hit anyplace in the United States with a nuclear weapon which they could not do before. Thank You Al and Bill.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I think it's hilarious that the left blames Bush for the Katrina catasatrophe STILL. Warnings were given to GET OUT...buses were provided....But many decided to 'ride the storm out'....and many of THOSE were the ones looting and robbing the houses and stores of the people who WER smart enough to flee!!

I still remember helicopters buzzing into areas before the storm hit directing people to GET OUT and telling them where to go to get on buses that would take them to safety....and the A**HOLES started throwing bottles and rocks at them.

But somehow...to the left...it was all Bush's fault. Such a failed and stupid argument. And so typical of the left.
Actually I'm from new Orleans and we had no idea the hurricane was coming until 36 hrs before. I got out of town because I have a car but 60% of the population didn't and there was no mass transit to get them out before it hit. So please know facts and not what rumors you hear.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:

What if...?

Discuss

The tiny 1% of Americans would still be extremely wealthy, not obscenely wealthy like they became with the 1.8 trillion in Bush tax cuts. America would have reacted like we did after 9/11, and Al Qaeda would have been quickly neutralized. Bin Laden and his henchmen would have all been dead before the end of 2001. Whether or not we would still be in Afghanistan is unclear.

The real difference is 4,409 Americans would still be alive today, 31,928 Americans would not be wounded, and tens of thousands of Americans would not be traumatized for life. Also, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi's would not have lost their life, and 4 million Iraqi's would not have been permanently displaced by war.

That is just the beginning of what would have been different if the election of 2000 was not stolen, and Pres. Bush was selected as President.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The tiny 1% of Americans would still be extremely wealthy, not obscenely wealthy like they became with the 1.8 trillion in Bush tax cuts.
Bush was selected as President.
I agree, if Gore was in office the Democrats would tax you on BOTH your inhale and your exhale.
Bush was selected by a 7-2 majority vote of the Supreme Court, including some Liberal Justices (Thank You Very Much)

Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times
Quote:

What if...?

Discuss
Oh yes everything would be peaches and green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies