Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:17 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

The National Basketball Association
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
There are a lot of people that I've admired in my lifetime. The percentage that are wealthy is very small. There must be something wrong with me.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:24 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Given that the OP started out with a lie, what is the point in responding?
The Obama campaign is trying to get the voters to have a problem with Romney having tons of money.

They are trying to assert that because Romney is rich, he's a bad candidate for President... there have even been attacks on his wife... too rich to be a good person.

Don't tell me that the Libs haven't been saying this.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Do you people really think this way? I think anyone who graduated elementary school would show a greater understanding of the world around them.

I'm a liberal-- I do fairly well myself. I own a company and live in one of the most expensive states in the nation-- a state that votes Democrat I might add. I know a few ultra-wealthy people and don't hate any of them. It's a red herring designed to get the Fox News, RushGlenn, easily-manipulated crowd going.

I don't, however, think our society should be build around the needs of the rich and wealthy. They can take care of themselves. I am much more concerned with the middle class losing it's buying power, college graduates just starting out under a mountain of debt and the poor who's children go to substandard schools that seem to be losing ground yearly.

Why do the wealthy get to pay a lower percentage of tax on their income than I do?

Those are my issues. Far from hate. But then again, I live in reality.

ALL Democrats can pay more than they owe at tax time.

For some reason this doesn't seem to happen.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:28 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The Obama campaign is trying to get the voters to have a problem with Romney having tons of money.

They are trying to assert that because Romney is rich, he's a bad candidate for President... there have even been attacks on his wife... too rich to be a good person.

Don't tell me that the Libs haven't been saying this.
Again, you continue to lie. If you were interested in having a real discussion you would start with a little bit of honesty, but that is clearly beyond you.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
ALL Democrats can pay more than they owe at tax time.

For some reason this doesn't seem to happen.
This stupidity again? Taxation systems are involuntary-- you are compelled to pay taxes by legal authority. As you know, no one is going to voluntarily pay more taxes... and I am actually fighting for (many eternally stupid) people to pay LESS-- By having the wealthy pay their fair share.

Why do you want to be compelled by legal authority to pay MORE taxes so rich people can pay less? That's the real question... and the real shame of this. You'd argue to you're blue in the face in favor of some perceive ideology-- and against your interests.

Embarrassing argumentation that is.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:31 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I don’t admire anybody based on wealth. I only admire people based of what they accomplish, fight for, create or believe in…

Apparently avarice is no longer a sin, and character is no longer admired.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Democrats hate the Wealthy.

But, there must be some wealthy people that Democrats are happy for their success.

What Rich People Do Democrats Admire?

Other than Obama, I mean.
george soros, the Hollywood left, union leaders. Thee American Bar Assn members, etc.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Democrats hate the Wealthy.
Conservatives hate minorities.

Is that how we play this game?

Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Again, you continue to lie. If you were interested in having a real discussion you would start with a little bit of honesty, but that is clearly beyond you.
Obama didn't name Romney. He didn't need to. The president and his campaign have worked to make the former Massachusetts governor and millionaire investor's personal finances an issue in the election even as they hammer his economic proposals as giveaways to the rich financed by cutting services to everyone else—like financial aid for college students.

"Somebody gave me an education. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't. But somebody gave us a chance," Obama said in a speech at Lorain County Community College in Elyria, Ohio. "Right now we have two competing visions of our future, and the choice could not be clearer," said the president. "Should we settle for an economy where a few people do really well and then a growing number are struggling to get by?"

Obama:

You don't think that Obama is trying to say that Romney's wealth makes him a bad candidate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies