Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 04:13 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So much for seperatin of church and state.

Cleaver said they would not tell pastors which candidate to support. They will let them know who to regard as the bad guys, though (hint: not Democrats). "We're going to talk about some of the draconian laws that have cropped up around the country as a result of the 17 percent increase in African American votes," Cleaver said, describing voter ID laws as a form of Jim Crow-style "poll tax" on seniors and black voters.
The CBC chairman is confident that "President Obama is going to get 95 percent of the [African American] vote," and wants to keep that turnout high. "We want to let them know that there is a theological responsibility to participate in the political process, at least in the Judeo-Christian tradition," he said.

Holder to brief black pastors on campaign 2012 | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner
Separation, not seperatin. Even giving you the O as a typo, you were wrong. Government leaders are allowed to meet with religious groups. I'm not sure if you noticed, but Republicans are pretty into that. Oddly, I don't see any posts with you whining about that. It's almost as if your emotions drive you to be biased.

Incidentally, since you're so for the separation, I'm guessing we'll see a slew of posts here from you asking for God off of the currency, out of the pledge, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
Holder's next stop: Rural Appalachia to educate poor White people about how to "vote".

Oh wait, I forgot, the attorney general of the United States only works for "his" people. It really sucks that impoverished Whites do not look more like one of Obama's sons.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Is holder going to meet with every church and explain what would violate their status? Every denomination? I will await you posting his agenda on meeting with them all. I won't be holding my breath though. He will basically tell them what they can get away with or simply tell them to do what they want and we will look the other way. You do remember the voter indtimidation case where Holder basically said the same thing right? Or maybe not.

Yes their job is to investigate fraud which is a crime. You mean to tell me he couldn't just send a simple memo to ALL churches outlining the stance of the DOJ on the upcoming election and how they could inform their parishioners to vote? Are you this blind?? Apparently so.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Why only Black pastors ? That's discriminatory and racist.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:35 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Is holder going to meet with every church and explain what would violate their status? Every denomination? I will await you posting his agenda on meeting with them all. I won't be holding my breath though. He will basically tell them what they can get away with or simply tell them to do what they want and we will look the other way. You do remember the voter indtimidation case where Holder basically said the same thing right? Or maybe not.

Yes their job is to investigate fraud which is a crime. You mean to tell me he couldn't just send a simple memo to ALL churches outlining the stance of the DOJ on the upcoming election and how they could inform their parishioners to vote? Are you this blind?? Apparently so.
Blind about what? That it's partisan? Big effing whoop! Again, how is this any more partisan than Republican law makers and nominees being the guest of honor at their church bases, encouraging those people to go out and vote for them? Answer: There is NO DIFFERENCE. Quit pretending you're outraged over what Republicans have been doing for the last generation.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Folks just remember if Obama is reelected Holder could be nominated to the Supreme Court.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:13 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks just remember if Obama is reelected Holder could be nominated to the Supreme Court.
I just shuddered from head to foot.

Old 05-29-2012, 05:29 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
I don’t see what the controversy is supposed to be here. Is it against you guys beliefs to address black pastors?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:32 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Honestly if Obama nominated Holder it would be the most controversial nomination I can remember. I don’t think he’ll be able to get the votes. But in my opinion we need a strong black man on the bench now...

Old 05-29-2012, 05:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Honestly if Obama nominated Holder it would be the most controversial nomination I can remember. I don’t think he’ll be able to get the votes. But in my opinion we need a strong black man on the bench now...
There is a strong black man on the high court already. Holder is not strong he's a wimp in the Chris Hayes mold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies