Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should this pinhead with a fake bomb been arrested?
YES, she should. That is a publicity stunt and irresponsible! 22 78.57%
NO, she has a right to wear a fake bomb, as long as it is not dangerous. 1 3.57%
I do not know. 0 0%
I think she should have been SHOT at, because she could have been a terrorist. 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,835,977 times

Advertisements

I think this girl is an attention-hungry dork. Who cares if she is going to MIT?? A college cannot teach common sense and brains.

Expect the ACLU to file a BS lawsuit saying anyone should have the right to wear a fake bomb before trying to get through airport security!

On a side note: The ACLU is suing the FBI to stop doing surveillance at some radical Mosques in the US. Now, we are at war with radical Islamists who wnat to kill us, and America's most Dangerous Organization (aka. ACLU) wants to stop that. How wonderful.

Here is the story. Don't forget to VOTE and say WHY she should ahve been arrested.

Police Arrest Woman Allegedly Wearing Fake Bomb at Boston Airport

Friday , September 21, 2007

BOSTON —
An MIT student wearing what turned out to be a fake bomb was arrested at gunpoint Friday at Logan International Airport and later claimed it was artwork, officials said.

Star Simpson, 19, had a computer circuit board and wiring in plain view over a black hooded sweatshirt she was wearing, said State Police Maj. Scott Pare, the commanding officer at the airport.

"She said that it was a piece of art and she wanted to stand out on career day," Pare said at a news conference. "She claims that it was just art, and that she was proud of the art and she wanted to display it."

Simpson was "extremely lucky she followed the instructions or deadly force would have been used," Pare said. "She's lucky to be in a cell as opposed to the morgue."

Simpson is a Massachusetts Institute of Technology sophomore from Hawaii, officials said.

The battery-powered rectangular device had nine flashing lights, and Simpson had Play-Doh in her hands, Pare said.

She was arrested about 8 a.m. outside Terminal C, home to United Airlines, Jet Blue and other carriers.

FOXNews.com - Police Arrest Woman Allegedly Wearing Fake Bomb at Boston Airport - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

The front of a sweatshirt bearing a computer circuit board and wiring worn by Massachusetts Institute of Technology sophomore Star Simpson

http://www.foxnews.com/photoessay/photoessay_2378_images/0921071516_M_092107_simpson_sweatshirt.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 AM

20,362 posts, read 19,972,515 times
Of course. She also needs to be examined by a professional. What a headcase.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:29 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,854,275 times
I would hope that anybody appearing suspicious would be detained and questioned. Isn't that what airport security is all about?

Old 09-22-2007, 06:33 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
absolutley, she wanted attention and she got it. now throw her in jail for a few years so she remembers that attention can be a bad thing.. I love stupid smart people.. duh

Old 09-22-2007, 06:39 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,642,287 times
They should have tased her like the Florida kid, just for fun and could have told her they were just kidding around with her.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:48 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,144,631 times
Anybody who thought that was a bomb needs to get a different job, something other than security. Who trains these people? This incident was minor. The student should have known better and did it for attention. No one was hurt, but I think it's embarrassing to overreact to it. Throw her in jail for a few years? Wow, life certainly has become valueless in our desire to be safe and free.

And, it's embarrassing for this thread to take such a molehill of an event and then deflect attention to the ACLU and how 'we' are fighting Islamist terrorists. I am not fighting Islamist terrorists. My government is. My government sees Islamist terrorists everywhere. My government tells me that I should see Islamist terrorists everywhere. My television tells me the same thing. My government tells me anyone who resembles a Middle Easterner is a terrorist. My government tells me I should be afraid, to forfeit my ability to add two plus two. My government tells me I should let them protect me by taking away all of my rights. It's OK, they insist. I'll be safe. They want me to forget the event from six years ago when they failed miserably to protect me. Yes, they want to do my thinking for me. They want me to be afraid and scared and weak and under surveillance.

Too bad I won't let them. And I won't let a little event like this get blown out of proportion by those who gave in to the pressure to conform after 9/11.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:35 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,726,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Anybody who thought that was a bomb needs to get a different job, something other than security. Who trains these people? This incident was minor. The student should have known better and did it for attention. No one was hurt, but I think it's embarrassing to overreact to it. Throw her in jail for a few years? Wow, life certainly has become valueless in our desire to be safe and free.

And, it's embarrassing for this thread to take such a molehill of an event and then deflect attention to the ACLU and how 'we' are fighting Islamist terrorists. I am not fighting Islamist terrorists. My government is. My government sees Islamist terrorists everywhere. My government tells me that I should see Islamist terrorists everywhere. My television tells me the same thing. My government tells me anyone who resembles a Middle Easterner is a terrorist. My government tells me I should be afraid, to forfeit my ability to add two plus two. My government tells me I should let them protect me by taking away all of my rights. It's OK, they insist. I'll be safe. They want me to forget the event from six years ago when they failed miserably to protect me. Yes, they want to do my thinking for me. They want me to be afraid and scared and weak and under surveillance.

Too bad I won't let them. And I won't let a little event like this get blown out of proportion by those who gave in to the pressure to conform after 9/11.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:45 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,420,395 times
if they allow this then some other idiot will see how far they can push it.. it's called zero tolerance and it works..

BTW, might want to watch the news every few weeks or something because islamists are getting arrested all over the country.. I prefer it that way over finding out where they were the explosive way...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:46 AM

1,565 posts, read 4,314,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post

Most people I know of don't go up to someone with suspected bomb and ask to analyze it...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:54 AM
proudmary

n/a posts
Well, since we already know that terrorists can get through security at Logan, board planes, and crash them into buildings, I'd say she was taking a huge risk with this prank. If security had decided to shoot her dead, it would be fine with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies