Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,Africans kill at far higher rates than White Europeans,so its just the race.

Compare Africa vs Europe. There you go.
Ghana has a lower crime rate than the USA, granted much of the crime in the USA is committed by Blacks but there you go.

Comparative Criminology | Africa - Ghana

Quote:
The crime rate in Ghana is very low compared to industrialized countries. An analysis was done using INTERPOL data for Ghana. For purpose of comparison, data were drawn for the seven offenses used to compute the United States FBI's index of crime. Index offenses include murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft. The combined total of these offenses constitutes the Index used for trend calculation purposes. Ghana will be compared with Japan (country with a low crime rate) and USA (country with a high crime rate)

Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm thankful to my parents not to a group of people too dense to take advantage of opportunities that are theirs by right and birth.

As much as you'd like to applaud your parents at the end of the day they were too trifling and cowardly to stay in their own country and make it better.

Blacks Americans fought and died for the very civil rights that you and your parents are enjoying in OUR country. Transplants and anchor babies from 3rd world countries who did nothing to enrich the lives of their people should be grateful, count your blessings.

If not for our sacrifies your parents would still be in Ghana swatting flies, wearing tutu's and your mother would be dodging genital mutilation.

Additionally, you would not have benefitted from the 14th Amendment which fictiously granted you birthright (aka anchor baby) citizenship.

As for the statistics you provided, if safety is your concern you and your parents can always go home to Ghana. After all, we have more than enough parasitic transplants in America.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 05-30-2012 at 10:39 AM..

Old 05-30-2012, 09:24 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
Blacks make up about 15% of the US population and yet they make up 80% of the prison population. Blacks have now exceeded the million man in prison threshold. The costs are staggering considering each inmate cost the tax payer a bone crunching $28,000 annually. The re-offend rate is almost 90%.

Whites commit crimes too but to a far less extent. Also the type of crime is different. Black crime is far more violent resulting in a huge number of homicides. Blacks are on record for killing for sneakers, $4, drive-bys and killing for no reason other than to kill. Cities with the highest black populations and neighborhoods with the highest number of black people have the most crime compared to any other group.

Since 1960 there has been 400,000 killings in the US. Most of which were committed by blacks.

Now who do you think will get the headline and a thread/post; a white guy busted for brewing meth; or
a black guy who kills a disable Hispanic kid?

Old 05-30-2012, 09:28 AM

52 posts, read 45,440 times
Quote:
So you're only concerned with interracial atrocities very telling. The slave trade predates and lasted well after Europeans. Also slavery in the West is the only time in Human history where it ended not via revolution but willingly. Slavery still goes on in Africa and the Middle East.
This is the everyone-does-it argument that I tried when I were eight. It would be like if I robbed a bank and then said, “People rob banks all the time, what is the big deal?” Or if I slept with someone’s wife and I said, “Your wife had an affair two years ago. See! I am not that bad. Why are you angry at me?”

It amazes me that your wasting your breath trying to defend slavery for two reasons:
  1. That anyone would waste more than two seconds trying to excuse something so clearly evil, like the slave trade, the Japanese American prison camps, racism, etc.
  2. That they would try to use such a bad argument with a straight face and not see just how bad it is.
Right and wrong are not determined or proved by what everyone does. That would just excuse everyone to sink to the lowest, meanest, most evil levels of behaviour.

A simple and far better way to determine right and wrong, without getting deep into religion or philosophy, is the Golden Rule, which is not “Do unto others as some others have done”, as your argument would have it, but “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” Acts of racism fail this test by their very nature.

Quote:
At the end of the day slavery was ended by Whites, the Holocaust was ended by Whites.
Whites stopped slavery ? Not the millions of blacks who fought against it ?

NO !!

Whites did !

And after slavery ended.

Racism just stopped…. Right ?

You certainly seem to have a lot of patience for your own bullsh*t but I guess someone has to

Because, you know, while everybody else on the planet shares some responsibility in whites wrongdoings, white people retain some kind of monopoly on the good deeds….hmm

The central impact of the African Transatlantic Slave trade you nonchalantly brush aside is the LEGACY. And it’s that legacy that connects us and everyone else posting in this forum today and will continue until the day it’s resolved or addressed.

You cannot (and here is the challenge if you are up for it) point to any other form of slavery (present, past or pre-historic) that has had such an immense and global impact on this planet than the African Holocaust

The outcome of that operation is the crucial factor which in terms of scale and magnitude has gone unsurpassed and has had a profound effect on millions worldwide. Not just because of slavery, that was just the starting point. But because white supremacy would not allow themselves to see blacks as humans and it carried on long after the slave trade was abolished.
Although the slave trade was abolished, slavery was not. So whites who wanted to do the cool thing at the time and be progressive said ” Sure, we’ll stop bringing slaves over from Africa, but I’ll be damned if I give up the ones raising my children and tending my land.”

Old 05-30-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBLACKGUY View Post
This is the everyone-does-it argument that I tried when I were eight .
It would be like if I robbed a bank and then said, “People rob banks all the time, what is the big deal?” Or if I slept with someone’s wife and I said, “Your wife had an affair two years ago. See! I am not that bad. Why are you angry at me?”

It amazes me that your wasting your breath trying to defend slavery for two reasons:
  1. That anyone would waste more than two seconds trying to excuse something so clearly evil, like the slave trade, the Japanese American prison camps, racism, etc.
  2. That they would try to use such a bad argument with a straight face and not see just how bad it is.
Right and wrong are not determined or proved by what everyone does. That would just excuse everyone to sink to the lowest, meanest, most evil levels of behaviour.

A simple and far better way to determine right and wrong, without getting deep into religion or philosophy, is the Golden Rule, which is not “Do unto others as some others have done”, as your argument would have it, but “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” Acts of racism fail this test by their very nature.

Whites stopped slavery ? Not the millions of blacks who fought against it ?

NO !!

Whites did !

And after slavery ended.

Racism just stopped…. Right ?

You certainly seem to have a lot of patience for your own bullsh*t but I guess someone has to

Because, you know, while everybody else on the planet shares some responsibility in whites wrongdoings, white people retain some kind of monopoly on the good deeds….hmm

The central impact of the African Transatlantic Slave trade you nonchalantly brush aside is the LEGACY. And it’s that legacy that connects us and everyone else posting in this forum today and will continue until the day it’s resolved or addressed.

You cannot (and here is the challenge if you are up for it) point to any other form of slavery (present, past or pre-historic) that has had such an immense and global impact on this planet than the African Holocaust

The outcome of that operation is the crucial factor which in terms of scale and magnitude has gone unsurpassed and has had a profound effect on millions worldwide. Not just because of slavery, that was just the starting point. But because white supremacy would not allow themselves to see blacks as humans and it carried on long after the slave trade was abolished.
Although the slave trade was abolished, slavery was not. So whites who wanted to do the cool thing at the time and be progressive said ” Sure, we’ll stop bringing slaves over from Africa, but I’ll be damned if I give up the ones raising my children and tending my land.”
I'll spot you Haiti now go find the other millions of Blacks who stopped slavery. I'll wait patiently.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times
Quote:
I'll spot you Haiti now go find the other millions of Blacks who stopped slavery. I'll wait patiently.
Yep all the blacks just sat around while the white people fought.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
He's an anchor baby who doesn't know the history of slavery or America for that matter. Since his family members are transplants from Ghana they could care less. They're just happy that they didn't have to do any heavy lifting because our ancestors made it possible for them to avoid any heavy lifting to enjoy the good life in America.

Eddie's self esteem is so low he steps on it everytime he posts.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
I wouldn't say that but it was a white led movement in the UK, France and the USA. Certainly Blacks fought in the US Civil War for the Union but if there was no war they wouldn't be able to fight. It's not as if Blacks woke up one day and launched a war to end slavery in the USA. Bowing to international pressure Spain, Portugal and Brazil also stopped slavery.

Also a little dirty secret is that Blacks in the USA owned slaves for profit as well. In fact one of the first slaveowners was one of the first Africans to set foot in Colonial Virginia, Antonio Johnson. James Forten, aunt willed his sister a female slave. Then there was Charleston, SC.

Black Slave Owners in Charleston

As a reader of history, I've learned early on there are seldom if ever any absolutes. Human beings are too complex for that.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Edward A,,I have to ask YOU.

Whites are uncomfortable with the physical look of the black race.
A very dark skinned woman who wears her natural hair and is named Nzinga doesn't get job opportunities at all,and whites look at her like she is disgusting. Why?

To be honest,I think whites don't like the way blacks look from a physical standpoint,but NO One points it out.
It has nothing to do with education,talking styles,etc.
On this wanted to say that all white people are not uncomfortable with the natural look of black people. Also, I am a black woman with very long natural hair and I have never had a problem getting a job. My ethnic name is ethnic Irish (I joke I am black Irish LOL) but there have been studies that have proven that black people with ethnic or even ghetto sounding names do not have many problems associated with those names as long as they are qualified and educated in the job market. They do face the same prejudices as other blacks in the job market but of those who have careers, it is not a hindrance to them, their name.

I have quite a few, if not a lot of white friends and they all love my hair. The women especially but even some of the men (quite a few white men I know are married to or are in relationships with black women though) comment all the time about how beautiful my hair is and try to touch it (which is a no-no for me as I don't like people touching my hair).

Quote:
So you're only concerned with interracial atrocities very telling. The slave trade predates and lasted well after Europeans. Also slavery in the West is the only time in Human history where it ended not via revolution but willingly. Slavery still goes on in Africa and the Middle East.

You're comparing sheer numbers another fallacy since Blacks have historically numbered anywhere between 10-12% of the population. The fact that the numbers are even close would suggest a level of depravity unmatched by whites in terms of US violence. More Blacks are killed every year by other Blacks then were lynched from the Civil War to 2012.

Williams: Should black people tolerate high black-on-black crime? | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal
I agree with you on the amount of murders that black people commit against each other. But in regards to your article, it is mentioned by the author that black on black crime and murders are ignored and this is not the case at all in my experience. There are many organizations and people who go out and try to end gang violence, which previously accounted for a large percentage of black murder victims. Gang violence has decreased as has the murder rate amongst all Americans including black Americans. Memberships in gangs in particular, which were a huge problem when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s have substantially decreased.

But to say that black people ignore crime and "tolerate" it is false. If it was ignored, people wouldn't be working on bringing crime down. No one wants to live with crime and no one I know tolerates it at all and I live in what is considered a high crime neighborhoood. Even though I haven't been touched by crime, I am on our public safety committee and personally know a few of our neighborhood police officers. Crime rates in my neighborhood have been cut by more than 70% since the 90s due to the resident's involvement in our public safety committee and how residents are very proactive in reporting crimes and tips to authorities about suspected criminals in the neighborhood.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
He's an anchor baby who doesn't know the history of slavery or America for that matter. Since his family members are transplants from Ghana they could care less. They're just happy that they didn't have to do any heavy lifting because our ancestors made it possible for them to avoid any heavy lifting to enjoy the good life in America.

Eddie's self esteem is so low he steps on it everytime he posts.
No, I'm just smarter than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies