Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,702 times

Advertisements

You know DD, you don't have to go down with the Titanic, desperately believing that this miracle of technology ship can't sink. It just can't, can ittttttt...blub, blub, blub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He wants to get elected again. And it's pretty likely that he's taken up residence in a Republican district, or at least a place in which a Republican is more likely to win.

The whole idea of him having some political epiphany is absurd. It's possible, but i doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
He just evolved, like Obama has. That isn't hard to do when he saw what Obama was doing to the country.

The last election is the handwriting on the wall for most moderate Dems. Stay near the center or you will be voted out, like so many were. The old guard Dems decided to retire instead of being voted out. Obama is taking the party where many Dems do not want to go. I hope more speak up before the election.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:12 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Arthur Davis, former co-chair of obama's campaign in 2008.

Media is silent.

The media always plays up the divisions within the GOP, but the war going on in the democrat party (ruled by the far left right now) is much more interesting.

If they lose WI and the election in Nov, the long knives will be out in force, along with the circular firing squad.
The media is part of the Democrat Party.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:34 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Arthur Davis, former co-chair of obama's campaign in 2008.

Media is silent.

The media always plays up the divisions within the GOP, but the war going on in the democrat party (ruled by the far left right now) is much more interesting.

If they lose WI and the election in Nov, the long knives will be out in force, along with the circular firing squad.
If they lose it will be because they are not "far left" enough. The Democrats are a moderate right party. They might look "liberal" by GOP standards because the GOP is now a far right party. If they lose it will be because many of us on the left will be home in November due to the fact that Obama has not turned out to be the liberal he ran as.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You know DD, you don't have to go down with the Titanic, desperately believing that this miracle of technology ship can't sink. It just can't, can ittttttt...blub, blub, blub.
What's that supposed to mean?

If the Dems lose, they lose. They lost big in 2010, and i'm still here. Living and breathing...enjoying life. In fact, i had a nice dinner tonite at one of the best restaurants in Phoenix. Excellent Salmon Croquettes and a particularly great tasting bottle of red wine.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about with this Titanic nonsense. Parties win, parties lose. Did you roll over and die when Obama won? Or are you the type that loves politics so much that your whole life ebbs and flows with who wins elections? If so, you're a pretty sorry ass individual.

So i mean...you can go kick rocks with that "sinking ship" nonsense. I'll be fine regardless.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,061,702 times
Jus' playing with you. For now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What's that supposed to mean?

If the Dems lose, they lose. They lost big in 2010, and i'm still here. Living and breathing...enjoying life. In fact, i had a nice dinner tonite at one of the best restaurants in Phoenix. Excellent Salmon Croquettes and a particularly great tasting bottle of red wine.

I don't know what the hell you're talking about with this Titanic nonsense. Parties win, parties lose. Did you roll over and die when Obama won? Or are you the type that loves politics so much that your whole life ebbs and flows with who wins elections? If so, you're a pretty sorry ass individual.

So i mean...you can go kick rocks with that "sinking ship" nonsense. I'll be fine regardless.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM

45,548 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Been out of the loop for awhile - my oldest just graduated high school (top 10%) - one down, two to go.

Didn't see a link to this in particular, so I wanted to post Davis' own words on this.

This is really good stuff - especially the bottom few paragraphs.

A Response to Political Rumors

On the specifics, I have regularly criticized an agenda that would punish businesses and job creators with more taxes just as they are trying to thrive again. I have taken issue with an administration that has lapsed into a bloc by bloc appeal to group grievances when the country is already too fractured: frankly, the symbolism of Barack Obama winning has not given us the substance of a united country. You have also seen me write that faith institutions should not be compelled to violate their teachings because faith is a freedom, too. You’ve read that in my view, the law can’t continue to favor one race over another in offering hard-earned slots in colleges: America has changed, and we are now diverse enough that we don’t need to accommodate a racial spoils system. And you know from these pages that I still think the way we have gone about mending the flaws in our healthcare system is the wrong way—it goes further than we need and costs more than we can bear.

This last part is right on the money.

Should I ever cross that bridge again, I will be trusting voters more than ever (despite having seen how wrong they can get it!) to test ability more than rigid ideology, and to accept that experience changes minds (if it is so in our lives, why shouldn’t it be so in our politics?)

Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM

4,739 posts, read 10,436,420 times
Let's correct some of the misinformation: Davis did not vote in lockstep with the Democrats (for example, he voted against Obamacare) and he lives in the VA-11 district represented by Dem Gerry Connolly.

If Davis decides to run for Congress in Virginia, I expect him to be a formidable candidate. Davis is honest and a good guy, as well as being a fairly good politician. His problem in the Alabama Democratic Party was that he didn't bow to the old black power structure (plus the vote against Obamacare hurt him in the Dem primary).

Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,994 times
I see this as a good thing. He is a smart guy and he would be center right and not hard right. We need more Republicans that are more to the center. Too many right wing extremists. The problem is for him is that I don't think that Republicans will vote for him. He is too moderate. He did not vote for health care reform; however, he has voted left of center on many issues.

Actually, we need more candidates that think for themselves and not in lockstep with a party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies