Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 06:32 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,602,837 times

Advertisements

My question is when will people wake up enough to be able to say: Clinton was a crook, Bush is a crook, most of our presidents in the last 30 years have been involved in criminal actions and most of our presidents for the last 50 years have cared less and less about the individual and more and more about the wants of large special interests groups.

I think its time we quit expecting one side to save us from the other and start demanding that EVERYONE in DC stops acting so corrupt, its a political 3 ring circus that really needs to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 10:32 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,125,518 times
The OP is downplaying the effect of time on an individual in the sense that what one knows today is different from what one knew yesterday. In good times (when there was at least a sense of peace), people gloss over the bad news. I thought highly of Clinton and believed what I saw on the news, yet didn't pay much attention to the finer details or ask the most relevant questions. Since the 2000 election, I've become much more bitter. Bush was the worst choice even when I first heard his name in 1998 being touted as a possible candidate. The contentious election and tactics used primarily (in my view) by the Republicans turned me even more bitter. Bush's anti-environmental policies and his disgusting swagger only added to the brew. After 9/11, an event I had read would happen eventually, my bitterness grew to include the entire government and not just one party. I didn't join the bandwagon of "kill the terrorists", I was already convinced it was ourselves--even on that dreadful day. I actually laughed at the news coverage because it was so contrived. I realize now that Clinton was just another in a series of faux leaders and that corruption has been in place for decades if not centuries. So, where was I when I could have most clearly identified myself as a liberal? I was asleep. Having now awakened, I still don't view Clinton as a 'bad' president--actually he did more for America's image than most other presidents in modern times. For Bush, I cannot and will not excuse our current buffoon/chimp/cowboy and his ineptitude. Our next president will suffer even more of my scrutiny. I want the truth. Nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies