Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 AM

831 posts, read 680,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Whoa there, I have no disillusions and know full well that the dems are not clean on this issue. Yes my OP was rather partisan and biased but trust me, I am a staunch independent and an equal opportunity hater of all politicians, wall street gambling junkies and lobbyist no matter what side of the aisle they sit on. It just appears to me after skimming an entire page of articles on the repubs activity on this issue that they are more blatant about it....

Very true, though i sit on the isle of conservatism but not far from the middle, far far away from the extremists who have somehow managed to move the goal post as far as jupiter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That's because the GOP pretty much owns Wall-Street, to it's in its own best interest to keep things loose .
We were told a few years ago that the GOP destroyed Wall Street. Clearly both cant be true, right?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
We were told a few years ago that the GOP destroyed Wall Street. Clearly both cant be true, right?
You see, the GOP destroyed it and then bailed them all out.
They continue to this day, even though a minority, to give everything away to the Wall Street crowd.

No Dem is involved in this. The Dems are pure and only have the good of the "common man" in sight. They are helpless against the minority Repubs who force bills and cuts through Congress and then MAKE the President sign them. The Repubs also force the Treasury and Fed to do the bidding of Wall Street and give them favorable treatment.

The Dems, while the majority and in the Oval office, are totally helpless against the power of the Repubs.

I'm just surprised that for as powerful as the Repubs are they lost in 2008.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:50 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
This is just mind boggling for me.
It is painfully obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together and an objective mindset that our economy and the livelihood of working class Americans was destroyed by the reckless actions of the power elite gambling junkies on Wall Street.

Yet, almost the entire GOP, including presidential hopeful douche bag Mitt Romney are doing everything in their power to keep the crooked banksters unregulated and unleashed to continue what should be deemed economic terrorism.

Financial Regulation | ThinkProgress
I think it's precious that you think the GOP is any different than the Dems on this subject. Someone hasn't been paying attention.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:51 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You see, the GOP destroyed it and then bailed them all out.
They continue to this day, even though a minority, to give everything away to the Wall Street crowd.

No Dem is involved in this. The Dems are pure and only have the good of the "common man" in sight. They are helpless against the minority Repubs who force bills and cuts through Congress and then MAKE the President sign them. The Repubs also force the Treasury and Fed to do the bidding of Wall Street and give them favorable treatment.

The Dems, while the majority and in the Oval office, are totally helpless against the power of the Repubs.

I'm just surprised that for as powerful as the Repubs are they lost in 2008.
Awesome satire.

I remember when the first black republican president signed NAFTA too.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think it's precious that you think the GOP is any different than the Dems on this subject. Someone hasn't been paying attention.
Forgive the OP, he's blind..

Old 05-31-2012, 12:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Threads like this are depressing. Both parties completely bow down to Wall Street.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:56 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
This is just mind boggling for me.
It is painfully obvious to anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together and an objective mindset that our economy and the livelihood of working class Americans was destroyed by the reckless actions of the power elite gambling junkies on Wall Street.

Yet, almost the entire GOP, including presidential hopeful douche bag Mitt Romney are doing everything in their power to keep the crooked banksters unregulated and unleashed to continue what should be deemed economic terrorism.

Financial Regulation | ThinkProgress
Oh yeah. YOU'RE objective. Uh-huh.

Last edited by swagger; 05-31-2012 at 01:07 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 01:18 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
When will people wake up to the fact that the "apparent" leaders of this country (and all the other, too) are owned lock, stock and barrel by Big Money. Big Money doesn't give a hoot or a holler about political parties; they control both of them and play the rest of us for fools.
So why are we all wasting our time arguing about minor differences between the 2 political parties who are wholly owned and controlled by big money??
I wouldnt be surprised if the outcome of the upcoming election hasnt already been established in some Wall St.board room.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:39 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The GOP isn't too bright. It's proven itself quite capable of shooting itself in the foot, and then asking the gov't for triage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies