Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 03:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,210,415 times

Advertisements

things in Canada are not much better since China is supposed to get new GM plants build them there and ship them to Canada nd the U.S.
GM to close Oshawa plant, lay off up to 2,000

OSHAWA, Ont. — General Motors Canada told employees Friday it will close an Oshawa, Ont. assembly plant next year, ceasing production of the old-generation Chevrolet Impala and Equinox at its Consolidated Line by phasing out operations.

“As you can imagine it’s devastating,” said president of CAW local 222 Chris Buckley. “We have thousands of people that have been informed today that they are not going to have a job in one year’s time at a time when we have lost over 700,000 good paying jobs in this country.”

On the same day, General Motors Co. – the Canadian company’s parent – announced its highest U.S. sales in almost three years for the month of May at an increase of 11% year-over-year.

I mean record sales here but now GM will be the North American automaker that has made in China because we cannot compete.

plus the fact that Canada helped bail them out in 2008 and they sell us out to China seems like Ford is the only Real American car company left.

Time for Canada and the U.S. to put a tariff on China if it costs jobs here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 04:00 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,080,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Grade school type debating error. You're saying that because A happened while condition B happened that A caused B. Basically, you'd get an F in grade school.

Making statements like that with nothing to back it up might make people assume that you're not of very high intelligence.
So, tell us, O Brilliant One and Darling of Wall Streetâ„¢, how much will a single employee cost under Obamacare beginning January 1, 2014?

Amused...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The very premise of the number is based on a baseline. You didn't know that?
That's funny, because I constantly predict quarterly GDP and I'm never off by more than 0.1% to 0.2% I don't use "seasonally adjusted" data, and I don't use their flawed models either. That's why I can calculate it and get that close. You pay those "you-Harvards" idiots lots of money and they can't even come close. How sad is that?

Laughing at the superior intellect....

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies