Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Get respect back? You mean like all the respect McCain gave Obama in 2008
..or like the class act of Bush as president earned him respect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 03:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Don't let that kindness be taken advantage of. BTW do you wear a XL??
There isn't a man/woman alive that can take advantage of me in that way, so i don't worry about it. But by the same token, once i give it to you, you can do what you want with it. The only thing that matters to me is that i gave it to you out of altruism....not because i expect something back.

And uh...yea...i wear an XL.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:00 PM

831 posts, read 680,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There isn't a man/woman alive that can take advantage of me in that way, so i don't worry about it. But by the same token, once i give it to you, you can do what you want with it. The only thing that matters to me is that i gave it to you out of altruism....not because i expect something back.

And uh...yea...i wear an XL.

Thats the problem with a lot of stooopid americans nowadays, it's crap like. Whats innit for meee?? And these are supposedly christians?

When i open doors and keep it open till the fatty, skinny, what ever shade of color he/she wears, gets through, im not expecting anything. My mind is what am i gonna put on the table for my kids to eat, which order of homework am i gonna do first, i think about how to make them the better citizens of tomorrow and how they should take care of one another. etc etc.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
Thats the problem with a lot of stooopid americans nowadays, it's crap like. Whats innit for meee?? And these are supposedly christians?

When i open doors and keep it open till the fatty, skinny, what ever shade of color he/she wears, gets through, im not expecting anything. My mind is what am i gonna put on the table for my kids to eat, which order of homework am i gonna do first, i think about how to make them the better citizens of tomorrow and how they should take care of one another. etc etc.
Yep. I mean, really....be polite and let the chips fall where they fall. Again, you're not gonna see that person again the rest of your life. So walk away with the satisfaction that you did the right thing regardless.

But like you say, everyone only wants to do things if there's something in it for them. That's no way to live.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:00 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
There has always been a fairly large African American community on the south/west side of Tucson. When i was playing sports in high school, we'd play a few of their high schools ever year and i was always astounded at how large the community is. It's not Cleveland or New Orleans obviously, but it's there, it's just not very visible for some strange reason.
Very interesting. I did note that I see more AAs on the south & southwest sides of town, but I live in the northwest. We go down to the Tohono O'odham swap meet and to the Tanque Verde Swap Meet fairly regularly to pick, and see more there. I had no idea there was a substantial community in town; you're right about the low visibility.

Quote:
Best city in Arizona for my money. It's a city that can't really grow anymore because of its geographical constraints, and so it maintains a real old southwest flavor combined with a sort of a new age optimism. The people are really nice too. I live a little over an hour outside of Tucson, and i go pretty often. A few times a week. It just has a really cool pace about it. Downside: the traffic is brutal at rush hour because there is only one freeway running through it....and a million people live there. That's a disaster, and one that they're eventually gonna have to rectify through eminent domain. They're just loathe to use it.

BTW...good politics there too. I live in the same district, but we have a bunch of idiots in this part of it. Up there, they keep the wing nuts in check.
I agree.

Quote:
ADC...first of all, i don't think you're a racist, but you come off as petulant and bigoted in some of your posts. The underlying messages in most of your posts make me realize that you're too damn smart to be an actual racist loser, but for some reason, that doesn't prevent you from saying silly sh*t like how you're "not gonna open doors for black women." C'mon....that's stupid as hell and furthermore, i doubt there is a lick of truth in it. I don't even see that as racist...just dumb as hell. You're not some hick from Cow Lick...you're cosmopolitan, urban, purportedly monied (to what degree remains in question) and your posts indicate that you've got plenty of sense. So please, lay off the foolishness.

Secondly, i'm not afraid of anything, and in fact, i've been labeled a racist on these boards more than a few times. Couldn't care less. I don't hedge a damn thing and you know it. No one is more honest on these boards than i am.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
In theory, yes. But there's a reason that I no longer hold the door for black women. Why? Because 9 out of 10 of them never say "Thank You." This after many years of being spurned. It's an observation that rarely ever fails. I extend respect, and don't get it in return. **** it. Face, meet glass. See if I care. What goes around comes around.
Classy guy, a regular ladies man.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Very interesting. I did note that I see more AAs on the south & southwest sides of town, but I live in the northwest. We go down to the Tohono O'odham swap meet and to the Tanque Verde Swap Meet fairly regularly to pick, and see more there. I had no idea there was a substantial community in town; you're right about the low visibility.
Oh...ok. My brother lives in Northeast...in Oro Valley.

And i love the Tanque Verde Swap meet. Haven't been in a minute, but i plan to go very soon.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Oh...ok. My brother lives in Northeast...in Oro Valley.

And i love the Tanque Verde Swap meet. Haven't been in a minute, but i plan to go very soon.
My mom lives in Oro Valley.

If you like TVSM, you'd probably love the Tohono O'odham Swap Meet - it's more flea market than all the commercial goods you see at TV. It's at Mission and Drexel (near Chico's Smoke Shop). We like to go early on Saturday morning; everyone's generally open around 8am and it's not hot yet.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Why do people fall for these posts that turns a basic subject into race or being gay? Who cares if you don't open the door for a black women? You are 0000000000000.1% that don't so it has no effect on black women.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:31 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
I was thinking about this today while cruising Wal Mart.
I smiled or nodded at everyone I made eye contact with.
Everyone reciprocated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies