Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Quote:
Rape victims of reproductive age also fear becoming pregnant as a result of a rape. Pregnancy resulting from rape is indeed the cause of great concern and significant additional trauma to the victim.
Hmmm.....a significant amount of trauma......that this selfish doctor could have alleviated immediately if she hadn't put herself ahead of the needs of her patient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 06:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hmmm.....a significant amount of trauma......that this selfish doctor could have alleviated immediately if she hadn't put herself ahead of the needs of her patient.
You're the perfect example of what's wrong with liberalism. You require that every hospital provide for your every need just in case you happen to need it then summarily complain because healthcare is so freaking expensive. Ironically you folks also want a universal HC system that is in direct contradiction to those desires.

Try reading a little bit further and learn what an evidentiary exam is.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
You're the perfect example of what's wrong with liberalism. You require that every hospital provide for your every need just in case you happen to need it then summarily complain because healthcare is so freaking expensive. Ironically you folks also want a universal HC system that is in direct contradiction to those desires.

That's the point of hospitals--to provide patients with medical care. Hardly a "liberal" thing. Why does everything always get framed as a liberal or conservative or right or left thing? It doesn't matter why the doctor was opposed to treating the patient--that in and of itself is wrong. If she was a hardcore Darwinian/ecoterrorist and thought that preventing birth went against the order of nature or something of that sort, I would still stand up for the patient's right to be treated properly.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:01 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Oh for craps sake.

I get migraines, I'm stuck taking bloody aspirin because my snooty doctor informed me that they "do not prescribe drugs of addiction".

Well I didn't ask for her judgement, I asked for treatment.

The drugs of addiction are obviously produced because there is a NEED. They are valid and useful medications. How dare she deny me adequate treatment just because of her personal opinions?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM

256 posts, read 207,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
She can always find a new doctor, but she can also take some responsibility and keep the child. But I'm pretty sure this fake and propaganda to attack Christian hospitals.
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Mahatma Gandhi

Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,273,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Mahatma Gandhi

This is my most favorite quote of all time.

My old dad used to say "Bible in one hand, **** in the other".

How true....

Old 06-02-2012, 07:10 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,889 times
The mother is angry, hurt and wants someone to pay. They were referred back to where they should have been referred to from the start...who knows how they got past admitting.

Evidence is crucial for a rape case. Also, about the morning after pill...you just don't write a script or give the med. There's counseling, consent forms ect... it was best to have the girl examined by the SANE group as was suppose to happen anyway and also for "them" to direct and teach about maybe taking the plan B pill. In many states the plan B is a BTC med but not in Oklahoma. I believe this may be another reason for the SANE teams.

I tend not to believe the mother...I would like to hear from the Doc but we won't because of buerocratic hospital stuff. The mom is out for blood and is trying the hurt the hospital through the media.

It astounds me that so many on this forum have taken to just believe the mom verbatim and not question that the doc and nurse would have acted with compassion. I work with many nurses and docs...there's always 3 sides to a story. Theirs, yours and the truth.

In a moment of crisis people don't think clearly and they percieve everything differently. Especiailly with rape...that's why there is a team trained specifically for the victims.

Democratic or Republican...are you people serious.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:

In this case, an evidentiary exam would not be compromised by taking an emergency contraceptive. Would it?

If the man had ejaculated in the girl's mouth.....she wouldn't need an emergency contraceptive, would she?

Old 06-02-2012, 07:19 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"The young woman asked the doctor whether or not emergency contraceptives were available and whether the doctor was simply refusing to provide them. The nurse told her “I will not give you emergency contraceptives because it goes against my belief.” The doctor refused to help her, even though she had just been raped, and refused to find another doctor to help her."

Oklahoma Rape Victim Denied Emergency Contraceptives. Doctor Cites Religious Objection As Reason | Addicting Info

...and people wonder why I have such a disdain for religion. It gives cover for vile acts such as this.
There's something very wrong and inaccurate about this whole claim.

If one doctor objects, get one who doesn't object. Not that hard to figure out.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's the point of hospitals--to provide patients with medical care. Hardly a "liberal" thing. Why does everything always get framed as a liberal or conservative or right or left thing? It doesn't matter why the doctor was opposed to treating the patient--that in and of itself is wrong. If she was a hardcore Darwinian/ecoterrorist and thought that preventing birth went against the order of nature or something of that sort, I would still stand up for the patient's right to be treated properly.
The point of hospitals is to treat people, you're right in that aspect. The point I was making is that it also now has to fall within budget constraints. So surely you could see how expensive it would get to have every associate in a hospital certified for anything that might come up and a bed for everyone, just in case. That's not a viable solution and the people that are screaming the loudest about healthcare cost are also the same people how constantly repeat the UHC/Singlepayer rhetoric but also don't seem to understand that to achieve those things they don't have redundancy and they don't keep $50,000,000 machines laying around for the two people that they get a year with some form of rare cancer. They do exactly as this group of hospitals would do and they specialize. In this case it's the SANE program for a various number of reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies