Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abella30 View Post
Extreme pro-lifers seem to ignore the mother while extreme pro-choicers ignore the fetus. Neither is reasonable to me.
Uh .. Since the 'majority' of abortions are NOT due to rape or the mothers health issue .. I see it for what it really is .. Birth Control!

Quote:
Barack Obama
“Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old,” he said. “I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don’t want them punished with a baby. I don’t want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn’t make sense to not give them information.”
I'll say one major difference between most baby killers and Obama, Obama is .. at least honest about it!

Looking at the whole picture on baby killings .. It's the Dems, Minorities and NOW the females that are all for eliminating their future voting selves!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:53 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Uh .. Since the 'majority' of abortions are NOT due to rape or the mothers health issue .. I see it for what it really is .. Birth Control!
It just may be. However, what do you think in cases of rape, health issues, severe disability? Is that kind of birth control acceptable? In the first case, the mother did not act irresponsibly. In the second case, the mother will die - is this an acceptable proposition to any human being? In the third case, the resulting child may be little more than a vegetable - with absolutely no quality of life whatsoever. What's the humane stance to take?

Quote:
I'll say one major difference between most baby killers and Obama, Obama is .. at least honest about it!

Looking at the whole picture on baby killings .. It's the Dems, Minorities and NOW the females that are all for eliminating their future voting selves!
I think this is childish and certainly does not contribute to this discussion. The only point of such posts is to incite an angry reaction from others and derail any meaningful exchange of ideas.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:02 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,158 times
Quote:
It goes deeper than that. In the case of sex-selective abortions you have the "pro-choice" group who at the most extreme argue that the fetus is a lump of parasitic cells while also maintaining that one lump of parasitic cells is more desireable than another based upon whether it might be a boy or girl.
I agree with this. Pro-choice rhetoric that "it's just a lump of cells" does that side no favors, and is a huge turn off for people who are, inherently pro-choice. Pro-life rhetoric of "life begins at conception" does a huge disservice to their side - a unified egg and sperm cannot survive on its own until months afterwards, and a good number of pregnancies naturally terminate (particularly in those first few days/weeks) without anybody ever knowing what occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He is "for" late term abortion? He likes them and advocates them because they are jolly good fun? Or he realizes he isn't a medical professional and thinks they should be the ones who make these difficult calls? I see a difference but I'm not sure you do.
Thanks.

I'm pro-choice in the sense that I realize and accept that it's not my decision to make, and it's not my decision to live with. Nobody goes and gets an abortion for fun - it's invariably a tough decision, and I think this truth is lost, many times, in both sides of the debate.

I believe this is a statement that the vast majority of Americans would agree with, and polls seem to bear that out. Even though they describe themselves as pro-life, some 70% believe that abortions should still be legal.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:07 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
It just may be. However, what do you think in cases of rape, health issues, severe disability? Is that kind of birth control acceptable? In the first case, the mother did not act irresponsibly. In the second case, the mother will die - is this an acceptable proposition to any human being? In the third case, the resulting child may be little more than a vegetable - with absolutely no quality of life whatsoever. What's the humane stance to take?
As that ole communist Mr Spock was known for saying .. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"!

(I wonder where he got THAT idea?)

Quote:
I think this is childish and certainly does not contribute to this discussion. The only point of such posts is to incite an angry reaction from others and derail any meaningful exchange of ideas.
That's because it doesn't fit your agenda.
The truth hurts sometimes and what I posted is the truth!

It's mostly the Dems that support baby killing and TODAY we saw the result when it came to outlawing selective baby killing!

(Guess which sex and race are 'eliminated' in the majority of cases?)

Last edited by MrClose; 05-31-2012 at 11:17 PM..

Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
And .. How many would have straddled the fence when it was 'their' mothers choice?
So you very passionately believe a law should be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth, because the fetus can't straddle the fence? But what should happen to the woman who violates such a law. Should she be put to death or sterilized. And what should happen to the woman's abortion provider? Should that person be put to death or what? We could be looking at a number of deaths resulting from one abortion.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:12 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
But can you explain to me how you can hold both thoughts in your head at one time? How can you think "it's okay to kill a fetus...except in x,y, and x circumstances'
I'm not sure what makes that difficult. If the Fetus is going to kill the mother the fetus would likely die anyway if an abortion doesn't take place, meaning the fetus can't survive either way. So why would we support the death of the mother and the fetus? Obviously a full grown adult woman has more right to live than a fetus, don't you think?

There are rational reasons for an abortion. Approaching the situation logically allows one to not look at things as black and white.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:17 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
And .. How many would have straddled the fence when it was 'their' mothers choice?
Life sucks. I personally wish my mother had an abortion. Non-existence is far greater than suffering on Earth.

And I seriously doubt I would have cared if she had one, seeing as I would have never been aware it happened.

You all seem to act like it's unfair to deny a fetus the right to born, assuming all want to be born. What about the right of the fetus to not be born?

Old 05-31-2012, 10:18 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:

That's because it doesn't fit your agenda.
Could you kindly explain to me what my agenda is?

I don't think I've posted anything in this thread that would even hint at an agenda. Or are you just so immersed in this silly Conservatives = good, Progressives = bad (or vice versa) that you simply cannot help yourself? Perhaps you just like to troll?

At any rate, none of this is relevant in this thread.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I'm not sure what makes that difficult. If the Fetus is going to kill the mother the fetus would likely die anyway if an abortion doesn't take place, meaning the fetus can't survive either way. So why would we support the death of the mother and the fetus? Obviously a full grown adult woman has more right to live than a fetus, don't you think?

There are rational reasons for an abortion. Approaching the situation logically allows one to not look at things as black and white.
Well, I think people of the religious right would tell you it's very wrong before God to make an abortion under any circumstance. And if the death of the fetus and the woman is the result of a failed pregnancy, then it must have happened, due to God's will.

Old 05-31-2012, 10:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
It has been admitted over and over in practically every states courts, that conception is a life.

You will be penalized for taking that life, unless you are a paid abortionist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies