Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
LMFBO @ NASCAR=dressage.
I think only a person who wants to make things appear to be something they just aren't would try to compare NASCAR to dressage. I bet he doesn't even know what dressage is and how dangerous it can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,635,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Jealously is a very normal behavior, but way too many people are obsessed, over really stupid things.

Snob is a two way word, for those who are jealous of what they don't have, and for those, who put their noses up, to those they do not even know.

Big freaking Deal! so this Country has elite, oh wow. Want everyone to take what it is they do not deserve, oh please. Those who are on welfare, and don't deserve it, is my gripe.
I agree to some extent, California -- even though I'm a Democrat with a strong left-leaning economic perspective. I don't hate or envy the rich. They are what they are. I also don't hate or envy those on welfare -- those who do baffle me. I just do what I do to get by. I'm not burning up in rage because I don't get to go to "dressage" events like the Romneys. I'm also not burning up in rage because I don't get a $300 slice of government cheese every month and sit at home all day and watch cable. I pretty much like my life as it is. To those who lead different lives, I say play on players. Do your thing.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
Nope all about Hockey! Had to throw that in.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,433,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I agree to some extent, California -- even though I'm a Democrat with a strong left-leaning economic perspective. I don't hate or envy the rich. They are what they are. I also don't hate or envy those on welfare -- those who do baffle me. I just do what I do to get by. I'm not burning up in rage because I don't get to go to "dressage" events like the Romneys. I'm also not burning up in rage because I don't get a $300 slice of government cheese every month and sit at home all day and watch cable. I pretty much like my life as it is. To those who lead different lives, I say play on players. Do your thing.
Thanks for your honesty, i like people like you. I just always feel it is not good to envy, so i never did, what others have and have worked for, good for them.

Those who use our system, and bleed it dry, shame on them.

We live very comfortably, will not lie, but earned every single part of it, by making smart choices, and sacrifices, when needed to be done.
The people i know sincerely who do have lots of money, are the most generous people this is what others don't or can't realize.

The money they give to charities, to abused children organizations, abused and battered women shelters, the sick, and that list go's on. Toys for Tots, and clothes and toys thru the years for those children, who don't have a home.

I never got a red cent from the governement, even when we were yonger and down on our luck, never. It was working harder and smarter, and making sacrifices.
I like where you head is ! Let me rephrase, i like the way you think.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:01 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,158,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That was an interesting article in which I saw very little of the political type stuff you tried to point at. For instance, do cars in NASCAR jump or turn suddenly and all the things that horses do in dressage? I really loved your crap about the rich mans sport, basketball. I guess you don't know that in the last week the owner of the New Orleans Saints paid a huge price for the New Orleans basketball franchise.

So Dressage is a girly sport? I think that most of the world class riders would take umbrage of crap like that. You don't really know that horse and rider have to act as one when jumping and all the rest. Interesting to see you trying to put Romney down when it is his wife who is involved in this sport. What about the crap about polo? Does that point to the fact that few other than the very wealthy take part in the sport?

I think that there may be a need for you to read that article since you talked about Democrat sounding talking points but so little about what is in the article.
Jumping in Dressage ? does not happen, there is a lot of hairy jumping in cross country but I doubt a women in her sixties will be taking part in that.
Basketball, well as they say those who can play do, others either buy a team or stick to golf, and yes you will hear some golfers saying what magnificent athletes they are.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:03 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,746,092 times
That family is certaimly NOT faced with the day to day need to earn their living by working for someone else. That is one definition of ELITE.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:27 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,189,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
So who are the elitists, the Obamas with their interest in that elitist rich mans sport Basketball ? or the Romneys with their interest in that NASCAR type sport Dressage ?

What is amusing is how many of the wealthy believe they can be world class with just the right horse, golf clubs etc etc.

A very girly pastime Dressage, real riders do the three day eventing.

Are we to see Romney take up Polo ? or is he a natural cheerleader type.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/27/us...gewanted=1&hp#

yep, and the obamas, clintons, kennedy's, roosevelts and so forth and so forth.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,731,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
That family is certaimly NOT faced with the day to day need to earn their living by working for someone else. That is one definition of ELITE.
It's funny that when a wealthy Republican runs for office his or her wealth is an issue. But when a wealthy Democrat runs--not a problem.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,248,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Jumping in Dressage ? does not happen, there is a lot of hairy jumping in cross country but I doubt a women in her sixties will be taking part in that.
Basketball, well as they say those who can play do, others either buy a team or stick to golf, and yes you will hear some golfers saying what magnificent athletes they are.
Is it acceptable for one of those poor people who never owned a horse and never rode show horses of any kind to apologize for being wrong. I will offer this video as an example of a poor old Republican learning something but I do have to wonder if there are no wealthy Democrats who take part in the activity.

USDF | Education | Clinics | Adult Clinics

Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,976,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Is it acceptable for one of those poor people who never owned a horse and never rode show horses of any kind to apologize for being wrong. I will offer this video as an example of a poor old Republican learning something but I do have to wonder if there are no wealthy Democrats who take part in the activity.

USDF | Education | Clinics | Adult Clinics
I participated in dressage for 15 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies