Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 05:54 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,381,837 times

Advertisements

Even Bill O'Reilly said the "Million Moms" shouldn't have pushed for JC Penney to fire Ellen. Ask yourselves, those of you who are still bothered by this kinda stuff, what does that say about YOU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 05:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,314,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
As they shouldn't... do you care what damage Christians have done to this country?
What an absurd and bigoted statement. Inspired by what? Your loathing for Santa Claus? Just because your Christian friends got sleds and you got a lousy dreidl?You need to knock off the bigotry and get your head right....

U.S. Catholic hospitals dominate Top 100 list « CNS Blog

List of Roman Catholic universities and colleges in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian Charities Rank High in Top 100 U.S. Nonprofits

Top Disaster Relief Organizations

Old 06-01-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What an absurd and bigoted statement.
No, what gizmo was responding to was an absurd and bigoted statement, which read:

"Gays are doing more damage than they realize. And they don't care."

Gays are doing absolutely zero damage by just being homosexual or letting people know it. People who keep insisting that gays showing up in magazines are "shoving homosexuality down other people's throats" are doing some tremendous harm. Lying = not very productive... nor Christian.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,897,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually I say it because that's how I feel
Well, that's your problem - or pleasure? I dunno!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,897,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
What an absurd and bigoted statement. Inspired by what? Your loathing for Santa Claus? Just because your Christian friends got sleds and you got a lousy dreidl?You need to knock off the bigotry and get your head right....

U.S. Catholic hospitals dominate Top 100 list « CNS Blog

List of Roman Catholic universities and colleges in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Christian Charities Rank High in Top 100 U.S. Nonprofits

Top Disaster Relief Organizations
Umm, pot meet kettle! Now do you realize how absurd and bigoted you all sound saying such things about the gay community? Those who do got my point, but I'm guessing it went clear over your head.

FYI, there are many gay-run charities that do wonderful things for their communities, but I guess you wouldn't know or care about those. And I really don't have a problem with Christianity or Christmas (aside from maybe the incessant whining over people saying Happy Holidays), but religion in general actually has done more damage than homosexuals in our history. Do you really want me to expand on that? Regardless, you clearly missed the point I was trying to make!

Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,526,876 times
Bottom line is that this nation is just being as divided as possible. Those supporting the gay agenda will shop more at JCP. Those of us that do not and will not, won't.

Actually, nuttin new here under the sun.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,460,113 times
I just thought of a new JCP ad tagline:

"Shop 'til you drop - your pants! All pants on sale...!!"

[heehee]

Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,988,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Free Market FTW!
You and I agree here - it is a free market .

J.C. Penney can advertise however they like - and I will shed blood to defend their right to run this advertisement. The free market also allows me to not shop there in protest of their advertisement.

Isn't a free market beautiful - not to mention our Republic?

Last edited by Harrier; 06-01-2012 at 07:56 PM..

Old 06-01-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Bottom line is that this nation is just being as divided as possible. Those supporting the gay agenda will shop more at JCP. Those of us that do not and will not, won't.

Actually, nuttin new here under the sun.
Wait a second. Now, it is a concern for harmony that leads people to be intolerant of homosexuality? Well, if thinking alike is the only way for us to keep from being "divided", I'd rather us all think alike in a way that makes sense, as opposed to all thinking homosexuality is somehow wrong.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,988,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
...and do your part in keeping the thread on top where more people can see it, and visit the link, and be exposed to "the gay agenda". Thus, anyone who posts on this thread (whether for or against the ad) is trying to turn me gay!

Shame on you, Finn.
Oh this is just ridiculous - all you are doing is trying to keep opposing views from the discussion - all of these tricks are as transparent as a plastic sandwich bag.

Sorry if you are unhappy with the free exchange of ideas - but that is somewhat what the owners of this site had in mind of promoting when they went into business, I am quite certain. You will not silence the moral majority with your nonsensical blather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies