Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 07:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If obama care gets fully implemented, will everyone be covered?

Don't need a long and drawn out answer a yes or no answer will suffice....
No, they actually gave illegal aliens better care because they will continue to get it for free, at the taxpayers expense..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
If obama care gets fully implemented, will everyone be covered?

Don't need a long and drawn out answer a yes or no answer will suffice....
No - since Obama and his cronies exempted themselves and other back room deal makers from it

Old 06-02-2012, 07:48 AM

742 posts, read 678,519 times
We know what our current POTUS offers or well does not for that matter. Dubya 2.0 is a whole other story. While the puppet strings pullers are mostly the same, ideals, foreign policy, Willard will offer some unforeseen detrimental Flip Flopping.
NWO.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:00 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Show some proof that 50 mil uninsured is a hoax. Well, on second thought, it might be a hoax. There may well be more.

Who the heck is talking about asking people to work for minimum wage to pay someone else's bills? Could you elaborate on that a bit?
Actually, YOU stated 50 million were uninsured, YOU prove that number, I don't have to disprove it.

Umm, if a 16 year old makes minimum wage, they get taxed. If their taxes pays for YOUR health care, then by rote, their taxes are paying YOUR bills. Was that elaborate enough?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, YOU stated 50 million were uninsured, YOU prove that number, I don't have to disprove it.

Umm, if a 16 year old makes minimum wage, they get taxed. If their taxes pays for YOUR health care, then by rote, their taxes are paying YOUR bills. Was that elaborate enough?
No, I did not post that. Someone else did. You then said it was a hoax.

Cut the snark. 16 year olds generally pay no income tax. Wasn't it just yesterday you guys were complaining about the 50% who pay no income taxes, that is they get all of their tax money refunded? But then when it suits your aguement, 16 year olds are paying for health care for 50 year olds.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
No, I did not post that. Someone else did. You then said it was a hoax.

Cut the snark. 16 year olds generally pay no income tax. Wasn't it just yesterday you guys were complaining about the 50% who pay no income taxes, that is they get all of their tax money refunded? But then when it suits your aguement, 16 year olds are paying for health care for 50 year olds.
Sorry, you were responding, I got confused. So many people relying on so much inaccurate information. I stated it was a hoax, because until they can show proof of the numbers, as far as I am concerned, it's a hoax, unless you prefer the word lie?

As for 16 year olds paying taxes, you are incorrect They pay LOTS of taxes and since they are dependents they have no deductions, they have LOTS of taxes. I remember my child complaining that during the summer when she was working LOTS of hours, about all the taxes being taken out. Nothing snarky about that. I was however responding to your tone, in kind.

Last edited by Darkatt; 06-02-2012 at 10:08 AM..

Old 06-02-2012, 10:01 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
If one looks at the comments here, it would seem the right wing plan for healthcare is to bury their heads in the sand and pretend there's no problem.

As for that 50 million number:

Five Basic Facts on the Uninsured - Kaiser Family Foundation
Highlights: 2010 - U.S Census Bureau

Fair warning to right wingers who wish to keep their brains firmly in the off position - those links contain nasty things like citations, facts, numbers, and charts.

Quote:
The republican plan for heath care is to keep big portions of Obama care--all the portions except for the ones that actually make the program financially viable, like the mandate.
Isn't that pretty much always the Republican plan for everything? Do whatever they want (or whatever is popular), then refuse to make it financially viable. Why would we expect them to treat healthcare any differently than starting a trillion+ dollar boondoggle war while simultaneously cutting taxes, or giving away prescription drug coverage to seniors without making any effort to pay for it?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:05 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Sorry, you were responding, I got confused. So many people relying on so much inaccurate information. I stated it was a hoax, because until they can show proof of the numbers, as far as I am concerned, it's a hoax, unless you prefer the word lie?

As for 16 year olds paying taxes, you are incorrect They pay LOTS of taxes and since they are dependents they have no deductions, they have LOTS of taxes. I remember my child complaining that during the summer when she was working LOTS of hours, about all the taxes being taken out. Nothing snarky about that.
Didn't your daughter get that money back when she file her income taxes?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:14 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Aside from the fact that Bush and Republicans sat idly by and did nothing while the health care crisis raged on
If you paid for a plan, you got your health care. If you did not you either qualified for the poor person version or had to burn your bank accounts up first not having bought a policy.
That is the way it goes.
There is no free stuff and there should be no free stuff.
We can't force doctors to take the risks of lawsuits and to work for nothing.

HMOs are terrible. They sound cheaper, wait to give the little care you get and they kept bad doctors employed. They also put a whole bunch of people between the doctor and patient that required lots of pay checks making prices skyrocket.

Forcing certain things to be covered also made things soar.

Our lawsuits against everything is a main culprit also causing health to cost more.

Currently you can't purchase across state lines.

Bottom line is there is no free lunch, save for your health care costs and buy a minimal policy so you get the price breaks given to policy holders worth a 70% deduction.

You can make what ever you want available, but it will not be free.

We need to stop giving people the free stuff unless they are citizens, are only getting it for a few months, are elderly or disabled. The rest better at least go get a minimum wage job and pay taxes.

Don't be an entitlement monster or lazy!

Old 06-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Didn't your daughter get that money back when she file her income taxes?
No she didn't. She averaged 40 hours a week or more with overtime for 10 weeks and during the school year worked 3-4 nights a week for 4 hours a night and 1 - 2 weekend day for 8 hours averaging 20 - 32 hours a week.

Even at minimum wage, those wages after a year, with NO dependents is a decent chunk.

With no dependents, and single, no deductions, and being listed AS a dependent, no, my child did NOT get back all their federal OR state income taxes paid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies