Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 09:19 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Not so and you know it, but keep trying.
Actually, it is so.

Creationism is not science.

It will never be science.

Therefore, it does not belong anywhere but a theology class.

Anyone who disagrees should just either homeschool or put their kids in a private school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 09:19 PM

99 posts, read 68,122 times
Why do you guys even bother discussing these silly topics? Religion IS NOT science. It is a fairy tale. End of story.

Dont waste electrons on these silly topics. If you dont, maybe they'll go away.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
I can ask you but couldn't those two who came before you. Why do we call the theory that is evolution a theory any longer since it is settled science? I don't like the creationist story all the way but sure do wonder why evolution is still called a theory. Hell that is what creationism is, too.
Because a "scientific theory" is different from the layman's term "theory".

Something doesn't become a scientific theory without mountains of evidence.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 PM

99 posts, read 68,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Because a "scientific theory" is different from the layman's term "theory".

Something doesn't become a scientific theory without mountains of evidence
needs to be said again!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
Schools are educators. They teach science not religious beliefs
I have never invited you to read one of my links and then discussing it with me so you can assume that I have invited you to go beyond the title and then we will discuss the subject. I agree with the writer of the piece in that I don't think that the progressives who have taken over our schools want to educate kids and have them discuss things that progressives don't like but instead want to indoctrinate them in progressive thinking. How does indoctrination in anything, even science, amount to education?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I'm sure it's debated often in debate class. No other class is open for debate, that's the point of the class.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:24 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Read the link and try to tell me that what the man suggests is untrue. He says that they won't allow that debate for fear of losing it. As I said, I am on the evolution side but I wouldn't say that not debating would accomplish anything.

I guess you didn't read the part about how we are not educating kids anymore since indoctrination works so much better in pushing the whole progressive idea. You really should read these things before you strike out.
You know very well I refuse to read your biased, ridiculous links Roy. Maybe if you listened to all of us and started posting legitimate resources, we might be more inclined to read them.

If I want lies and BS being masqueraded as truth, I'll pick up a copy of the Enquirer at my local grocery store.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
want to indoctrinate them in progressive thinking.
Please, provide proof that conservatives want anything different.

Progressives and conservatives will always disagree with what should be taught in school. Are some teachers letting their personal politics get in the way? Sure. On both sides. However, as the case may be, evolution isn't up for debate because the debate's been had before. And every time creationists honestly try to debate evoution scientists, they lose.

Evolution is the basis of modern biology, medicine, and many other different facets of science. YOu cannot honestly teach science without teaching evolution. Debating the subject in a science classroom is nothing but a waste of time.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
It's only worth it when people have a discussion that stems from their own thinking and personal observations. Nothing more boring than a person reaching into the same old playbook and parroting the same old things whether it be based in science or in religion...both of these sources have merit.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Why do we call the theory that is evolution a theory any longer since it is settled science? I don't like the creationist story all the way but sure do wonder why evolution is still called a theory. Hell that is what creationism is, too.
No, Creationism is not a theory. I guess you don't understand what a scientific theory is. Nothing in science can get better than a theory. A Scientific theory is an explanation of a specific phenomenon through the use of the scientific method. It is testable and falsifiable.

Creationism cannot be tested or falsified, because it's not based on empirical evidence.

Gravity, Germs, Atoms, etc. are also scientific theories. Do you reject Gravity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies