Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You on the other hand don’t believe that diversity is important and using policies to encourage diversity is evil liberal social engineering.
It is because you're giving an advantage to one race over another, unnecessarily I might add.

Quote:
Regarding your second line. I never said that, implied that or inferred that. It sounds like something out of the mind of a conservative.
I'm simply asking you a question, certainly it must be in the minds of some blacks they received their job in part because they were black. Some of their white coworkers would be under the same impression. In either case those perceptions could be justified or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Yes they do encourage hiring for diversity in the NBA and NFL. For the longest black coaches were excluded because of racism and a good ole boys network. In the NFL they use something called the Rooney Rule. The Rooney rule was named after Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney. He helped develop the system where NFL teams have to interview at least one minority coach candidate for each head position that becomes available.

I'm actually not seeing what point you were trying to make with that question.
Then why is the NFL 85% black? Why is the NBA 90%??

It's overwhelming...

Oh wait... I forgot though.... "Diversity" by your definition only pertains to the hiring of black people? or minorities?

lol....Nice, but you can't have a monopoly on context.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:34 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It is because you're giving an advantage to one race over another, unnecessarily I might add.

I'm simply asking you a question, certainly it must be in the minds of some blacks they received their job in part because they were black. Some of their white coworkers would be under the same impression. In either case those perceptions could be justified or not.
No the advantage for “one race” is already in place. It came from years of discriminatory policies, laws, and educational policy. Now it’s time to correct the flaws of the past. I can care less what the impressions of white coworkers is. All I care about is doing what’s right. If you’re not on the side of what’s right I can care less what your opinion is of me…

Old 06-02-2012, 11:40 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

It's overwhelming...

Oh wait... I forgot though.... "Diversity" by your definition only pertains to the hiring of black people? or minorities?

Where do you get those stats, Stormfront??

Old 06-02-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:

It's overwhelming...

Sports leagues have drafts (where white team owners select who they want) and tryouts (where white team owners select who they want). I suggest you contact your local NBA or NFL Caucasian team owner to discuss your plan of action (unless you live in NC where MJ is the owner).

Old 06-02-2012, 11:53 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Sports leagues have drafts (where white team owners select who they want) and tryouts (where white team owners select who they want). I suggest you contact your local NBA or NFL Caucasian team owner to discuss your plan of action (unless you live in NC where MJ is the owner).
What do white owners have to do with it??? Opening a business is a sole venture and choice left to the individual... In this "white entity" they hire black disproportionately...

Again, so diversity, or lack thereof, only matters when we are speaking of minorities???

lol...

Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
What do white owners have to do with it??? Opening a business is a sole venture and choice left to the individual... In this "white entity" they hire black disproportionately...

Again, so diversity, or lack thereof, only matters when we are speaking of minorities???

lol...
You asked “why is the NFL 85% black? Why is the NBA 90%” I answered with “it’s that way because the people (like you but with money) decided to select more blacks than others”

Regarding your other question about opening a business. That’s not how sports leagues work. Both the leagues in question were started during a time that excluded black participation.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:15 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
You asked “why is the NFL 85% black? Why is the NBA 90%” I answered with “it’s that way because the people (like you but with money) decided to select more blacks than others”

Regarding your other question about opening a business. That’s not how sports leagues work. Both the leagues in question were started during a time that excluded black participation.
If you include coaches, cheerleaders, administrative staff, medical staff, marketing and sales staff, and customer service staff, I doubt that NBA is 90% Black.

No freakin way

Old 06-03-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you include coaches, cheerleaders, administrative staff, medical staff, marketing and sales staff, and customer service staff, I doubt that NBA is 90% Black.

No freakin way
Yes I know. Conservatives selectively use false stats to make their points. I honestly doubt that African American players make up 90% of the NBA players today.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:33 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Just so I'm absolutely sure I understand you correctly, your position is I'm wrong to expect that the best qualified teachers are hired regardless of race and you would lower those expectations to insure minorities are hired?
Why would lower expectations insure that minorities are hired? Those same lower expectations wouldn't apply to white teachers somehow? Basically, you're saying that white teachers are ALWAYS competent?

LMAO...i hope like hell that's not what you're saying. But in fact, it IS what you're saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies