Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 10:59 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
No terminating pregnancies is not crazy. I'm not a big fan, but it should be a legal option for a pregnant woman.
Agreed tho after the 3rd month I have a real big problem with abortion. But; that's between a woman and her "God".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 11:01 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Which has nothing to do with the definition of murder. Murder is a legal term.
OK, so it's legal murder?

What do you want to call it?? Extinguishing? Perishing? Destroying? Aborting?

Whatever floats your semantics boat.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:02 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
OK, so it's legal murder?
No it's not murder at all, because it doesn't fit the legal criteria to be called "Murder".

Quote:
What do you want to call it?? Extinguishing? Perishing? Destroying? Aborting?
It's called the lawful termination of a pregnancy.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Once they isolate the "gay gene", are you okay with women aborting gay babies?

What does one have to do with the other?

Btw, don't worry too much about it.
There isn't going to be ONE gay gene.
Anyone with any knowledge of biology knows that's not the way it works.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
What about gay only children?
What do you mean?

Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho after the 3rd month I have a real big problem with abortion. But; that's between a woman and her "God".
I could support a first trimester limit, with certain restrictions concerning health, birth defects, etc. But if you don't want a bay, and you had known for there months, you made the decision to keep it to term. You can still adopt the child out, so if you don't want a girl, and waited over three months, you don't have to keep her.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
No it's not murder at all, because it doesn't fit the legal criteria to be called "Murder".

It's called the lawful termination of a pregnancy.
OK... so you PREFER to not call a fetus a life...

If a fetus can survive outside the womb...by "lawfully terminating a pregnancy" you are killing a living entity.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
OK... so you PREFER to not call a fetus a life...

If a fetus can survive outside the womb...by "lawfully terminating a pregnancy" you are killing a living entity.
A fetus can't survive outside the womb in the 1st Trimester. Are you under the mistaken impression that Pro-Choice people are always referring to 3rd Trimester abortions?

I oppose all 3rd Trimester abortions except in extreme circumstances. My views are in line with the Supreme Court's ruling on "viability".

Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
A fetus can't survive outside the womb in the 1st Trimester. Are you under the mistaken impression that Pro-Choice people are always referring to 3rd Trimester abortions?

I oppose all 3rd Trimester abortions except in extreme circumstances. My views are in line with the Supreme Court's ruling on "viability".
A newborn baby can't survive without the mother nursing it, either....So if the baby is legally the mothers and it depends on the mother to sustain (as it does inside the womb)... Why can't mothers kill a newborn???

Old 06-02-2012, 11:16 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No such thing as the gay gene. Take a normal (straight brain) of a young person- do an MRI examination....Then in very science sort of way...take the subject and involve them in gay activities for about 20 years and go back and look at the brain- There will be changes...The person who started this thread- is not much of a farmer...and has no knowledge of animal husbandry and how to manage and profit from raising a herd....Firstly- The breeding stock or the best breeding stock is to be preserved to ensure future product- THEN - you take the non-breeding stock and you eat them...Aborting gays would be a waste if that was the case- I say use them for body parts......................oooooops---JUST KIDDING- DARK HUMOR....OKAY- don't hurt me- I have a phobia yah know----and so does the clown that started this thread..

They sound like a capital punishment fan who is just looking for someone to kill- gay or straight- those of a murderous mindset..don't care who they kill- they just like murder...so - maybe the this person who is so fixated on those in the herd that he considers inferior ...that there is a need to find people he thinks are less then him to feel bigger....Ghandi said "It is a small man who attempts to gain power through the humiliation of othes" - to para phrase- I say ABORT EVERYONE NOW--LOL!
Nope, it doesn't work that way.... but thanks for offering your uninformed unresearched opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies