Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,571,165 times

Advertisements

where are there so many people who have this hostile mentality and hostile tone towards gay people! WHY?

WHY are you hostile towards people for being BORN differently. it makes absolutely NO SENSE.

are you also hostile towards deaf people for not being able to here or hostile towards left handed people or towards people with green eyes. i don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,474,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Right, Obama is now a Muslim born in Kenya and Gay.

Ok, whatever you say.
I didn't say it. Your media did.

TV SAJ - Blog Antonio Mascarenhas - Santo Antonio de Jesus, Reconcavo,Bahia - Notícias, Esportes: Revista chama Obama de 'primeiro presidente gay' dos EUA

Old 06-03-2012, 08:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,847,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
are you also hostile towards deaf people for not being able to here or hostile towards left handed people or towards people with green eyes. i don't get it.
Deaf people are pretty annoying.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:29 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,700,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
Oh Lord, really? Is this a joke?

People who are transgender identify themselves as the opposite sex they are physically.
Now, if you mean "choose" as if they "choose" to have the procedures to correct their sex, yes they choose those procedures. The procedures allows the physical state to match their mental and emotion ones.

They do not choose their feelings of feeling like they were born in the wrong body because of their sex.
ok, so transgenered people are confused? Thats ok, we are a little confused.
Now, why do gays group together with those people? Maybe they are playing the "victim" card?

Have you ever noticed that politicians and writers like to group "minorities" and women together? The reason that they do this is to position the argument as one group of victims vs another group of privileged people... i.e. white heterosexual men.
For gays (or anyone) to endorse or condone such a blatant attempt at prejudice and divisiveness is a direct strike against their claim of fairness.

In America, we all have HUMAN rights... There should be no special gay rights!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:39 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,223,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
ok, so transgenered people are confused? Thats ok, we are a little confused.
Now, why do gays group together with those people? Maybe they are playing the "victim" card?

Have you ever noticed that politicians and writers like to group "minorities" and women together? The reason that they do this is to position the argument as one group of victims vs another group of privileged people... i.e. white heterosexual men.
For gays (or anyone) to endorse or condone such a blatant attempt at prejudice and divisiveness is a direct strike against their claim of fairness.

Why do people think Gay people or Transgender people are confused?
When society tells you that you as a person is against nature and God, I think you would have some doubts too.

Have you ever noticed that politicians and writers like to group "minorities" and women together? AAAAHHHH...YEAH!

You don't know why minorities and women are group together? Let me explain...it's because WHITE MEN have discriminated and oppressed both minorities and women. That what these groups share...discrimination from White men.

Human rights, no gay rights? I TOTALLY agree. So let let's allow gays, who are human, the right to marry. They are not asking for something new or exclusive for them. Straights have them, why not Gays? We are all HUMAN after all! I so agree with you. We shouldn't have any straight rights..equal rights for all human citizens.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,673,898 times
Gays are 4% of the population. It is very difficult to understand how a small group like gays can command so much attention by the media and politicians.

I have no problem with gays marrying gays or anything one else for that matter. If they want to marry their dog, a garden statue, or themselves I think they and everyone else should have the right to do so.
We as Americans should have the right to live our lives in peace and as we so desire unless that way of life is destructive to another. I fail to see how two gays marrying each other effects the Baptists of Sillytown, USA.

However, why is it that gays have to make such a fanfare out of everything? "OMG, I broke a nail," and the news media picks it right up. On the nightly news, "Sissy FooFoo broke a nail," and all the world is alerted. The news media loves this for some reason I cannot understand except that they believe it sell viewership.

If the news media did not stir the Hate Pot most of all the racial and gay incidents would fade into the mediocrity of everyday life.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:05 AM

2,239 posts, read 3,223,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Gays are 4% of the population. It is very difficult to understand how a small group like gays can command so much attention by the media and politicians.

I have no problem with gays marrying gays or anything one else for that matter. If they want to marry their dog, a garden statue, or themselves I think they and everyone else should have the right to do so.
We as Americans should have the right to live our lives in peace and as we so desire unless that way of life is destructive to another. I fail to see how two gays marrying each other effects the Baptists of Sillytown, USA.

However, why is it that gays have to make such a fanfare out of everything? "OMG, I broke a nail," and the news media picks it right up. On the nightly news, "Sissy FooFoo broke a nail," and all the world is alerted. The news media loves this for some reason I cannot understand except that they believe it sell viewership.

If the news media did not stir the Hate Pot most of all the racial and gay incidents would fade into the mediocrity of everyday life.
4%! LOL!!!!!!!!! Can I get 5% anyone????

I love when people like you like to equate Gay Marriage rights with people having the right to marry their dogs or a statue. If you didn't know, Dogs can not consent to being in a committed relationship. I know, it's crazy isn't it?

BTW, What freaking news program are you watching that has a story taking up air time about Sissy FooFoo who broke a nail. Doesn't sound like a quality news source.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:08 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Does it bother you that right now heterosexuals have special rights?

And please, name 1 special right gays are seeking that you will not also then have?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,571,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

And please, name 1 special right gays are seeking that you will not also then have?
exactly

Old 06-03-2012, 09:33 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,064,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Seconded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies