Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Well, heres an original () thought.....
Perhaps if you had not posted the whiny thread in the first place, maybe you wouldnt have gotten any negative responses?
Just a theory.
You're right,

I should stick to the same old fast ball attack on Obama spiel ...

Oh wait, that's probably not what you were suggesting.

Ha Ha, maybe I can learn something here. And I'm not always as aggressive and unthinking as some would like to portray me.

Point well taken..

As a Righty, I'm going to have opposition from the Left at every corner.

This economy is in trouble though, and when people get laid off, I promise you the bosses are not looking up who is a Democrat and who is a Republican.

Libs and Cons are equally hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If you are a Senior and had to move in with your middle aged kids, you understand how bad things are economically.

If you are a kid just out of school, and still haven't found a job, but living with your parents, how bad do you think things are?

For most kids ... not bad enough to vote against Obama.

Obama holds the same ideals (fantasies) as America's young people.

This is where young people's ears should perk up. They can stay on their parents health insurance plan until they are 26. If the parent decides to pay for it.

If young people want to have a bright future, it ain't gonna happen living in their parent's basement.

But kids living at home don't know how it is to support themselves. They still believe in Obama. Very bad reasoning. They should learn about who's policies are stifling this economy.

And these kids have no clue how much of a burden they are to their parents. And from what I've seen - they don't care. Mom & Dad will come up with the money.

How long are they going to live with Mommy & Daddy? Until they're 30?

Not in my house.
Wow, really poor start to the thread. First, not everyone under 30 follows Obama. It's really foolish to say so. Plenty of data out there about it. My fifth grade teacher said, don't assume, you make a first syllable out of the second syllable. You while here about young people, but are too lazy to go verify things you're putting forward as fact.

Perhaps the people you are whining about aren't so stupid as to blame the Great Recession on the President who came into office AFTER the recession started. I can't put into words how stupid it is to do that and yet so many social conservative types here do that.

What's the difference here between seniors moving in and younger people. Try not being lazy sometime and go dig up some data. People are moving in with parents because the unemployment rate is so low.

Did you ever go to college? At all? Get a degree? Nowadays they cost a lot more and getting a graduate degree is not uncommon.

Peel away your emotions here and you have nothing but a flawed argument. There are 10 year olds who could own you on a debate like this.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:40 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
If you are a Senior and had to move in with your middle aged kids, you understand how bad things are economically.

If you're living in the UP, things are bad economically with or without Obama.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If you're living in the UP, things are bad economically with or without Obama.
They were better before Obama.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Ummm,

Yes, somehow it is Obama's fault.

Not a job to be found. Not for young people. Not for old people.

4 years of hope and change will be enough.

Kids in their 20's are being supported by their parents because Obama is bringing everybody down.

I came to terms with the economy and created my own job. Still on the startup curve, but the future looks good as long as the economy doesn't tank bad enough that people stop buying what I'm selling.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:03 AM

Quote:
They were better before Obama.

That's probably true. At least you no longer have Jenny to kick around. And the libs are hating on Snyder as bad as they are hating on Walker. (It's just that the unions gave Walker a much bigger - and national - profile.)

There must be some lopsided Republican majorities in the legislature now based on the lopsided committee majorities.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lol, are you whining because gays have more disposable income than you?
Must suck to be you.

(foolishly jumping into fray)

While I do not have comparative experiences to go on, I suspect life sucks a lot less for a gay guy with little disposable income than for a straight guy with little disposable income based on the tendency of women to despise and/or dismiss guys with little disposable income.

I don't despise women with little disposable income and I presume gay guys don't despise other gay guys with little disposable income.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So liberals live in basements, where do trolls live??

Under bridges.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Wow, really poor start to the thread. First, not everyone under 30 follows Obama. It's really foolish to say so. Plenty of data out there about it. My fifth grade teacher said, don't assume, you make a first syllable out of the second syllable.
What grade are you in now? Sixth?

Quote:
You while here about young people, but are too lazy to go verify things you're putting forward as fact.
My question: "If you are a kid just out of school, and still haven't found a job, but living with your parents, how bad do you think things are?" Does not require statistics.

I have seen many of your posts though, and what you consider facts, and stupidity usually comes to mind.

Quote:
Perhaps the people you are whining about aren't so stupid as to blame the Great Recession on the President who came into office AFTER the recession started.
Maybe they are smart enough to know that Obama is screwing up their chances for employment.

Quote:
I can't put into words how stupid it is to do that and yet so many social conservative types here do that.
Have you investigated the effect Barney Frank and Chris Dodd had on the housing bubble and subsequent crash? Oh, never mind.

Quote:
What's the difference here between seniors moving in and younger people. Try not being lazy sometime and go dig up some data. People are moving in with parents because the unemployment rate is so low.
You mean because the unemployment rate is so high. Glad to help.

Quote:
Did you ever go to college? At all? Get a degree? Nowadays they cost a lot more and getting a graduate degree is not uncommon.
Yes, I did go to college, and without loans. College may cost more now, but the kids don't feel it until they have to start paying back their loans - God forbid they work their way through college.

Quote:
Peel away your emotions here and you have nothing but a flawed argument.
What argument? I asked a question. And made an observation. That kids don't know what it's like to have to support themselves. And they expect someone to do it for them. And if they are still living at home they really don't have any concept of how bad things are out there. Thus, moronic kids might still vote for Obama, even though it is the same as shooting themselves in the foot. If kids want a shot at getting a job, Obama is the last candidate they should vote for. And parents want them out. To hopefully one day become independent contributors to society.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
That's probably true. At least you no longer have Jenny to kick around. And the libs are hating on Snyder as bad as they are hating on Walker. (It's just that the unions gave Walker a much bigger - and national - profile.)

There must be some lopsided Republican majorities in the legislature now based on the lopsided committee majorities.
I can tell you.

Michigan will be on it's way to a surplus again. It takes a Republican Governor with some nuts to do it.

Don't know why Democrats can't see how important that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies