Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 03:27 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Try a mirror....
What is that supposed to prove?

Old 06-03-2012, 03:39 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Well, homosexuality does not incapacitates a person from:

1. Having a brilliant intellect (too many examples to cite)
2. Write a world beloved symphony (Tchaikovsky)
3. Write great poetry (Walt Whitman)
4. Be a brilliant scientist (Leonardo DaVinci)
5. Be a great mathematician (Alan Turing)
6. Being a superb Military General (Baron Von Steuben)
7. Writing a Pulitzer Prize winning play (Tennessee Williams)
8. Write a great novel (Gertrude Stein)
9. Write wonderful Broadway musicals (Stephen Sondheim)
10. Win the US Open and Wimbleton Tennis matches (Martina Navratilova)
11. Be a decorated military hero (Sgt. Leonard Matlovich)
12. Win gold medals in the Olympics (Greg Louganis)
13. Make a Billion dollars (David Geffen)
14. Play in the NFL (Dave Kopay)
15. Get elected to Congress (Gerry Studds,Barney Frank, et al.)
16. Get elected to be the Mayor of major US cities (like Houston or Portland, OR) or major world cities (like Paris or Berlin)
17. Be one of the greatest artists of all time (Michelangelo)
18. Be the American painter whose painting fetched the highest price in history (Thomas Eakins - "The Gross Clinic" sold for $68,000,000)

Nope.

Being gay does not handicap a person in any way from being a successful, useful, happy, or productive member of society.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:41 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Being gay or lesbian in NOT a mental disorder.

Being a HOMOPHOBE is a mental disorder.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:57 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Call it what you want, but when a man delights in , he's just not right in head. Whether it's in prison, or in the comfort of their own home....it shows that not all the circuitry in the melon is wired properly.
Again - why does it always default back to sex?

I'm a virgin and I like women, so obviously there's a homosexual man or woman out there who is also a virgin and likes the same sex.

Should I be considered having a mental disorder because I'm a virgin at 24, going on 25 years of age?

No. There's no mental disorder associated with homosexuality whatsoever. You're only stating your opinion as such because you find it to be "icky". You have no proof or sources to back up your claim.

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-04-2012 at 03:28 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 04:28 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well, homosexuality does not incapacitates a person from:

1. Having a brilliant intellect (too many examples to cite)
2. Write a world beloved symphony (Tchaikovsky)
3. Write great poetry (Walt Whitman)
4. Be a brilliant scientist (Leonardo DaVinci)
5. Be a great mathematician (Alan Turing)
6. Being a superb Military General (Baron Von Steuben)
7. Writing a Pulitzer Prize winning play (Tennessee Williams)
8. Write a great novel (Gertrude Stein)
9. Write wonderful Broadway musicals (Stephen Sondheim)
10. Win the US Open and Wimbleton Tennis matches (Martina Navratilova)
11. Be a decorated military hero (Sgt. Leonard Matlovich)
12. Win gold medals in the Olympics (Greg Louganis)
13. Make a Billion dollars (David Geffen)
14. Play in the NFL (Dave Kopay)
15. Get elected to Congress (Gerry Studds,Barney Frank, et al.)
16. Get elected to be the Mayor of major US cities (like Houston or Portland, OR) or major world cities (like Paris or Berlin)
17. Be one of the greatest artists of all time (Michelangelo)
18. Be the American painter whose painting fetched the highest price in history (Thomas Eakins - "The Gross Clinic" sold for $68,000,000)

Nope.

Being gay does not handicap a person in any way from being a successful, useful, happy, or productive member of society.
Where is their responsibility to society to reproduce their "elite" genes so that we can make the world a better place for future generations?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:33 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
Where is their responsibility to society to reproduce their "elite" genes so that we can make the world a better place for future generations?
There is no responsibility on any sexual orientation to reproduce 'elite' genes as you put. Furthermore, why are you attempting to label the genes of someone different from yourself as 'elite'? Do you have an inner latent inferiority complex going on?

Old 06-03-2012, 04:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You should take a poll among your gay friends and find out how many of them "chose" to be gay. Yes, you DO have gay friends. An estimated 3-4% of people are gay.

When did you choose your sexual orientation? Do you remember making the choice, or was it the way you were when you were born?
And you know what! that really should not matter, being tolerant of others is what should. Expectations are much vastly different for different people.

Many great homosexual comedians, actors, actressess, talk show hosts, into sports, they all look fine to me, with no mental disorders what so ever.

I guess for those who are non tolerants of the lifstyle, have to now call it a mental disorder, i think they have mental disorders.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:41 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,733,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
There is no responsibility on any sexual orientation to reproduce 'elite' genes as you put. Furthermore, why are you attempting to label the genes of someone different from yourself as 'elite'? Do you have an inner latent inferiority complex going on?
The post implies superiority of gay people. Their sexual orientation has nothing to with it. There are other threads on here where posters are saying gays are superior, better at relationships, etc. It's a theoretical responsibility. I am not implying anyone actually has a responsibility. If I decide not to have children, my genes will not continue, irrespective of my sexual orientation. I am also not implying a gay gene even exists.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I do feel as though (even though it Michael Savage has made it somewhat tired) liberalism is a mental disorder. Liberals have a much higher than predicted incidence of mental health problems and present with irrational, self destructive behavior. It is like a blend of manic depression and a soft thought disorder.
I could see how people with mental health problems might tend to favor liberalism, but to say that liberalism itself is a mental disorder is ridiculous.

Advice: Try to get your medical information from places like the Mayo Clinic, not Michael Savage's radio program.

Old 06-03-2012, 04:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80SC View Post
I read a lot of comments about homosexuality being a mental disorder, yet I can't find a single credible source that corroborates that belief.

If you genuinely believe homosexuality is a mental disorder than surely you'll be able to provide some evidence, right?
Are you lame or something? Because if you genuinely had an interest in the subject then surely you would do some research, right?

It was listed in DSM-III up to the revision in 1987.

And why? Because homosexuals lobbied for the change. That started in the early 1970s when an homosexual psychiatrist started throwing hissy fits and temper tantrums, and then he and a group of homosexuals began threatening his colleagues and others, like the APA to make the change.

Corroborating...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies