Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Going by your status, you're somewhat old. Are you saying that you don't know ANY White people who have kids by different women? And if you do, have you asked them if they're taking care of their kids financially? And if you haven't, are you assuming that they are and/or that they're kids aren't on welfare?
I am 58 and no I don't know and white men who have kids to different moms, not saying there aren't any, just don't know any, maybe because I'm older.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Mexicans usually marry poor and seem to be quite happy, Mexican women seem to be content with a man trying to better himself, black women want it now... The problem lies with the feminist, highly liberal expecting certain things out of life mindset, you should know this, all the crazy you talk about black Americans you basically answered your own question with your response. These issues of black anger resides from black anger and black women not wanting black men due to broke, or low funded men is a slap in the face to centuries of slavery and imprisonment.

We should learn from the Mexicans they don't watch whites, we watched whites like a obsession and it's not gonna work for us. You're gonna see a lot of 50 year old single black women with kids and no man and men not wanting to marry them because of bad choices she made in the past.

Following white America is not the answer to our problems period, I'm sure conservatives would agree with me completely.
Mexicans have had a culture of there own for better than a thousand years, black Americans have not had a long enough time to develop a true culture, especially since most don't know what country they came from in Africa, if they are slave descendent's. So what choice do blacks have, what culture do they follow?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We just had a thread on this topic a couple of weeks ago. How many times do we have to go through this?
Maybe because when we see a drowning man, we toss him a rope to help rescue him?

Old 06-06-2012, 09:11 AM

160 posts, read 264,914 times
[quote=stick2dascript;24613839]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post

The thing is how do you figure out what a bum is? Many black men who work barely make 30k and many blacks women don't find that acceptable at all. Following white America without the network white America has access to is quite foolish and many will fail. When they leave a man for uncle Sam its much worse because now the limit their dating options.
I pretty much agree with goldenchild's statements. Most women are uninterested in poor/uneducated males.

If black men barely make 30k, this should help explain why there's so much poverty and devastation in black communities. 30k is simply not enough to garner access to safe neighborhoods, excellent schools and quality food.

Old 06-06-2012, 10:24 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, with that pic. An interesting story comes to mind, Sherri Sheppard rejected Hill Harper back in the day because he wasn't up to snuff. She now admits she regrets that decision. But at the same time, you cannot be a man with no goals in life and expect quality women.

This is TBM Diary of a Tired Black Man - The Movie - Main "Tired Black Man" Discussion Group
Are the posters on that forum really Black? Wow if so that is so sad. They are blaming everything that is wrong with the black community on black women, however we are not the ones causing all the murders in our community. It's the men fighting and killing each other. And then abandoning black women so they have to be single mothers. They never talk about what they should to encourage black men to step up and be fathers to their own children.

Anyway, I do know a forum where you can legitimately talk about the problems going on in the black community and discuss possible solutions. it's on a facebook page. Currently, it consists of mostly women but men are welcomed to join. We talk about everything and we don't sugarcoat a thing

Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Very good point. But these women should expand their options (ie date other races) instead of wallowing and complaining about the so called "black male shortage". Once again I'll pose that most of these women complaining are older women, younger AA women aren't complaining about a shortage because they have the pick of the litter.
That isn't true. I don't have the pick of the litter, unless you are talking about the AA women who are Beyonce-clones, then yeah most likely those types do.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:55 PM

160 posts, read 264,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
That isn't true. I don't have the pick of the litter, unless you are talking about the AA women who are Beyonce-clones, then yeah most likely those types do.
There are so many different types of men in the world, and not everyone is looking for a Beyonce clone. You may however have a few issues with attracting different types of guys, if you're overweight.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:03 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I agreed.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Not every woman has the pick of the litter, but most have multiple suitors to choose from in their younger years, as long as she is decent looking and not overweight. Even the mean women who fit this description have no problem finding suitors.

And no, I'm not talking about Beyonce clones or any other famous clones. They aren't close to the majority of any race's women so I would be an idiot for using them as an example. I'm talking about regular, girl next door types of any race.

Quote:
Anyway, I do know a forum where you can legitimately talk about the problems going on in the black community and discuss possible solutions. it's on a facebook page. Currently, it consists of mostly women but men are welcomed to join. We talk about everything and we don't sugarcoat a thing
Please PM me the name or post it here if you don't mind.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Mexicans have had a culture of there own for better than a thousand years, black Americans have not had a long enough time to develop a true culture, especially since most don't know what country they came from in Africa, if they are slave descendent's. So what choice do blacks have, what culture do they follow?
You make a good point about culture, but keep in mind African-Americans DID NOT have these social problems before the 1960s. Most children were born in intact, married families even though most AA's were in poverty, oppression and segregation.

Since this has been going on for only 50 years, it can't be culture.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
There are so many different types of men in the world, and not everyone is looking for a Beyonce clone. You may however have a few issues with attracting different types of guys, if you're overweight.
I'm thin and I am not attracting different types of guys; it doesn't change my skin tone, hair or features. I know in the white community being thin is synonymous with beauty but its so overrated. Unless you are a super knock-out being thin doesn't mean I am gonna be able to marry a rich successful athlete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies