Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Too bad too many people on this board don't see that. But people who have an agenda are blind to it.
Right. They aren't really answering the question. They just used the OP's question as an excuse to go on a racial rant.

The premise of the thread is silly anyway. Why are there black absentee fathers? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!! For the same reasons there are absentee fathers of every stripe. They act as if black absentee fathers have some special or different reasons for being absent. LMAO...

Like you said...agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 11:10 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,594,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Right. They aren't really answering the question. They just used the OP's question as an excuse to go on a racial rant.

The premise of the thread is silly anyway. Why are there black absentee fathers? DUHHHHHHHHHH!!! For the same reasons there are absentee fathers of every stripe. They act as if black absentee fathers have some special or different reasons for being absent. LMAO...

Like you said...agenda.
Pretty much. And we also had a thread about this last week or the week before from what I remember. I am purplexed at this board's fascination of negro failure, especially when these same posters could care less about black people. Just a backhanded way to diss black people.

Last edited by Beliciano; 06-03-2012 at 11:24 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 11:19 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,827,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
OMG....where to start with this one? LORD.

It's almost 200 years! OMG, get over it! REALLY? You think it ended with slavery? REALLY????? Oppression and discrimination didn't exist in the 20th century according to you? Right?

The fact that our society prevented black families from entering the middle class is all made up fiction we all invented? Denial of credit to buy homes, thus allowing them to build assets and equity which leads to wealth. Blacks not allowed to enjoy the benefits of the GI Bill, which helped tons of whites move into the middle class. We as a county MADE SURE we KEPT BLACKS DOWN AND FAR AS WE COULD. Then we have the audacity to complain about them today and demand simple explanations to the woes they still face today? Give me a break...PLEASE.

The lack of wealth, assets and property to pass to future generations is just a awful excuse blacks use?

And the Republicans STILL DON'T GIVE A SHISH..and want to cut Pell Grants which affect a huge population of black students? It's like really?
Well,since Mexicans are poor too,how come I don't see their men abandoning their children? They don't have assets either,nor a college education?
So,a man has to be middle class to take care of his kids?
I'm guessing these men never heard of condoms?

Old 06-04-2012, 04:15 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,748,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
THis topic has been beat to death with a bamboo stick

It all depends on how you define "absentee." Some black fathers are still "fathers" but they are not in the home, and yet still maintain a authoritative figurehead in the child's lives.

Some cohabitate and reside in the home with their children but they aren't technically married...

Some pay child support, do nothing else, but are considered "responsible fathers" in the legal sense.

Some are in and out of a child's life for whatever reason and are still considered "involved" in their children's lives.

Some are capable, but do nothing, financially, or as a figurehead in the children's lives, but they are still considered the legally responsible sperm donors

Some don't even know that they are fathers for whatever reason...

And as politically incorrect as it is to think it, some black women don't want a man in the home or involved at all because they want to be the sole caretaker of the child and dictate all facets of child rearing and raising...

And some black guys are simply drugged out, pitifully burnt out losers who should have never been married or procreating in the first place.

It's simply a mixture of so many surrounding issues..
Well, I know one black guy that has 5 daughters to 5 different woman. I think he helps them financially(not sure), but I am sure the woman play the system by telling welfare they don't know who the father is. Why should any man feel any sense of responsibility, when welfare will pay for the kids. And here lies the problem. The men are then free to do as they please and live the life of a single man and make more babies. Sad, but the welfare system has created this mess and can stop it by limiting the amount of kids they pay for.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 06-04-2012 at 04:36 AM..

Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,since Mexicans are poor too,how come I don't see their men abandoning their children? They don't have assets either,nor a college education?
So,a man has to be middle class to take care of his kids?
I'm guessing these men never heard of condoms?
American culture, they're not really involved in it. Women, not all are quite content with a poor man as long as he's trying American women of any race are not, they want the life now.

Old 06-04-2012, 04:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,038,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We just had a thread on this topic a couple of weeks ago. How many times do we have to go through this?
Not everyone sees every thread.

But I digress.....government programs and the womens movement have allowed men to shirk their responsibilities as a father.

Next.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Not everyone sees every thread.

But I digress.....government programs and the womens movement have allowed men to shirk their responsibilities as a father.

Next.
I agree with you fully, the question is that I'd you take away government cheese do you force women to be with men they don't want? How do you limit this?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:36 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
I agree with you fully, the question is that I'd you take away government cheese do you force women to be with men they don't want? How do you limit this?
The women need to stay away from the men they don't want before they have children with them - not after.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,477,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The women need to stay away from the men they don't want before they have children with them - not after.

And there is your answer. Its a learned behavior that will come in time if welfare was shut off. As of now there is no reason for them to do it.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,265,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not even going to try to sugarcoat this and try to make this sound PC but I would like to understand why so many African American fathers are totally absent?
My ex-girlfriend just had a baby, she is 5 months now, I am not even the father of this child but I love her child as if she was mine.
I can't think of something more unnatural and bizarre than not having any feelings towards something that is half yours, something you helped to create.
I can't even describe how much joy this baby has brought into her life. She lives 3 hours away and every time I drive up there, I am so looking forward to seeing this beautiful child.
I think being attached to a child, is one of the most human or "humane" impulses, I can't even understand rationally how some people can have no feelings towards or interest in their own children, absolutely BIZARRE!
Kudos to you for taking that step to be in this childs life, however, let me stop you about the color thing as far as who stays in a child's life and the old Absent Father stigma...my son's dad took off with another woman who left two kids to be with my ex. He dumped our son for her. She had to be some good stuff! I, at the time was living in Northern Maine..black population ZERO. The two of them took off for Georgia so I packed up my son and everything I could fit into my beat up car and came home to Connecticut..I was ticked off beyond belief. My son was 11 years old and worse case scenario he KNEW exactly what had happened. How dare his father treat him like this? It may seem that there are a lot of black men who leave their kids but I also think the number of white me, spanish men, oriental men..close to being the same.
I have a black friend..she has been my best friend now for 32 years and she and her husband have raised 4 of their own kids and 6 grandchildren, now 1 great grand child. She had a daughter who was into heavy drugs and kept getting pregnant. Did they turn their backs on those babies..NO. The last one born was born drug addicted and is autistic and in special needs classes. My friend and her husband deserve honors beyond anything I am capable of giving them.
Guess you can tell that I feel this is an all race thing not just a black thing and Love that baby and be a good Dad if you get the chance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies