Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 06:47 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The women need to stay away from the men they don't want before they have children with them - not after.
Good gawd, a post that actually makes sense, includes logic, and is not a cry for more government money!

Pardon me, I think I just heard a refrain from The Hallelujah Chorus...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 06:50 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big george View Post
good gawd, a post that actually makes sense, includes logic, and is not a cry for more government money!

Pardon me, i think i just heard a refrain from the hallelujah chorus...

Old 06-04-2012, 07:01 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The women need to stay away from the men they don't want before they have children with them - not after.
Not good enough, people and feelings change. A job loss, a need for more money or anything can happen. Your Way is just gonna make women be single their whole life chasing Mr. Desirable

Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,367,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Not good enough, people and feelings change. A job loss, a need for more money or anything can happen. Your Way is just gonna make women be single their whole life chasing Mr. Desirable
I'd say that's a much better option than spending their whole life hopping from bed to bed, getting bred by Mr. Irresponsible Libido.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Cool. That means they won't be having children they're not able to raise correctly.

If a job loss changes a man from someone a woman wants to someone she doesn't want - especially after she has a child with him - I assert again that the problem lies with the woman whose values are skewed.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Oh goody, yet another Black (fill in the blanks) thread...

Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Well, I know one black guy that has 5 daughters to 5 different woman. I think he helps them financially(not sure), but I am sure the woman play the system by telling welfare they don't know who the father is. Why should any man feel any sense of responsibility, when welfare will pay for the kids. And here lies the problem. The men are then free to do as they please and live the life of a single man and make more babies. Sad, but the welfare system has created this mess and can stop it by limiting the amount of kids they pay for.
Going by your status, you're somewhat old. Are you saying that you don't know ANY White people who have kids by different women? And if you do, have you asked them if they're taking care of their kids financially? And if you haven't, are you assuming that they are and/or that they're kids aren't on welfare?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
The absentee father exists in every race.

However, the issue is this ....It is disproportionately higher in our black families than others. Also consider that blacks have smaller margin for error than whites, the effects are magnified. When we mess up, it is harder for us to recover, than for whites due to lack of resources.

Co-habitation (father in the home) is very important on the socialization of black children. The boy learns that the woman is suppose to lead him around.....after all, that's what he's seen his whole life....a woman in charge. Telling him what to do....

I've mentored little boys in those situations. Many don't want to take the lead in anything....they speak softly and don't project their voice. The girls? They inately need male affirmation.....DAD is suppose to be the first one to give it! He should be her guarding at the gate. So when there's a void, it get's filled. Uncles, and Grandparents and friends can sometimes stem the tide. But not fully. She fills it with the first guys that tell her she's fine or pretty......There's no dad at home to talk to about this. No dad to share with her, what is going on in the mind of these young pursurers. Her mom has never been a man, after all.

Black folk don't want to hear this though....

Are there sucess stories for the single-parent? Of course....But let's be honest!! This is not the ideal plan! And if you are a a Single-parent, you can't tell me that you don't hit your pillow at night wishing you had some help! I commend those that are doing their best. Working and slaving to make it happen. But it's harder than having a good father in the house.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
24% was alot better than 70%
It was. Just like the 2.9% of white unwed mothers versus the 35% rate they now have was better. The difference is that in the past 20 years the rate for blacks has slowed but the rate for whites has increased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The absentee father exists in every race.

However, the issue is this ....It is disproportionately higher in our black families than others. Also consider that blacks have smaller margin for error than whites, the effects are magnified. When we mess up, it is harder for us to recover, than for whites due to lack of resources.

Co-habitation (father in the home) is very important on the socialization of black children. The boy learns that the woman is suppose to lead him around.....after all, that's what he's seen his whole life....a woman in charge. Telling him what to do....

I've mentored little boys in those situations. Many don't want to take the lead in anything....they speak softly and don't project their voice. The girls? They inately need male affirmation.....DAD is suppose to be the first one to give it! He should be her guarding at the gate. So when there's a void, it get's filled. Uncles, and Grandparents and friends can sometimes stem the tide. But not fully. She fills it with the first guys that tell her she's fine or pretty......There's no dad at home to talk to about this. No dad to share with her, what is going on in the mind of these young pursurers. Her mom has never been a man, after all.

Black folk don't want to hear this though....

Are there sucess stories for the single-parent? Of course....But let's be honest!! This is not the ideal plan! And if you are a a Single-parent, you can't tell me that you don't hit your pillow at night wishing you had some help! I commend those that are doing their best. Working and slaving to make it happen. But it's harder than having a good father in the house.
I don't get your reasoning especially your last bolded line. Black folks both hear and say the same things that you are saying.

But I will inject that I have a son who is soft spoken and doesn't project his voice. His dad and I are married and his dad is a man who ALWAYS projects his voice, as do I as I come from a loud family. Our son is just quiet and soft spoken. Not being loud does not mean they don't have a father in their lives.

Also I know plenty of girls who had a dad in their lives but who base their whole existence on what a man can do for them or how a man sees them. This is nothing exclusive to black people.

I agree with you though about it being harder for single parents. I am not a single parent and wouldn't want to be. But I disagree that all of them want to have someone there helping them out, especially not the absent father/mother (there are single father's out there too).

Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,since Mexicans are poor too,how come I don't see their men abandoning their children? They don't have assets either,nor a college education?
So,a man has to be middle class to take care of his kids?
I'm guessing these men never heard of condoms?
History,Sociology, Culture and Logic are obviously lost on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies