Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,279,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm gonna have to DISagree with you there tho I agree with you on almost everything else you say.

Not all Hispanics have any "white" let alone Spanish family but still speak Spanish and so on. OTOH: calling a dude who's almost 100 percent Mexican Aztec family but does NOT speak Spanish and does NOT follow "Hispanic" culture is still a Hispanic tho even if born and raised in Ireland, who knows? The he'd be an "Irishman" to me.
Once again, Hispanic is a culture. Mitt Romney is not Hispanic culturally. His primary language is not Spanish. He has no ancestors from Spain either. He hasn't lived the Hispanic lifestyle or even identifies with it personally. Someone whose ancestors were Aztecs and not Spanish is not Hispanic just because they were born in Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
It's about your place of birth, not your blood line.

Could Mitt Romney be America's first Hispanic president? - CNN.com
No, it isn't. Place of birth many times has nothing to do with what you are culturally and ethnically. You are confusing nationality with culture. Culture is something taught by the parents and has a lot to do with what cuture your ancestors were of.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then you tell me what's a "Hispanic". Mitt still has lots of family IN Mexico and they're as "Mexican" as a short brown skin Indian from near Guatemala. Sheesh!
But Mexican isn't a culture. It is a nationality.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I live in Florida. Don't you think I know what's going on in my own state? What does this have to do with MSNBC or Rachel Maddow?

Also, your comment is very judgmental and ignorant. Just because I said I saw Cory Booker on the Rachel Maddow Show, you automatically assume I don't watch any other station or read local newspapers. So apparently you don't watch her show and you are the one who has made up your mind.

You made a statement that Florida simply wants people to show an ID to vote at the polls and I answered by saying that has nothing to do with the recent voter purging controversy in Florida. Why is it that you and so many others can't just say "Oh, I was thinking of something else."
If you know what is going on in your own state then why is it that you don't know or won't acknowledge the other side of the story? Have you bothered to find out why this is being done other than your biasness of some kind of concocted conspiracy theory on the Republican's part? Rachel Maddow is about as far left and biased as you can get. Only a like-minded individual would watch her show.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:01 AM

14,893 posts, read 8,511,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You ever thought that maybe people of color that work and are not on welfare might not want that label put on them? Or is it as I suspect that tea party people only get angry when they see POC use assistance therefore these tea party people have to mention people of color when they talk about welfare.
Here's what I suggest .... people of every color, every shade, had better stop falling for this race baiting nonsense, and realize who the real "enemy" is. And the quoted statement contained considerable truth in trying to illustrate and help people understand that.

Quite to the the contrary of being an "attack" on "people of color" itself, as you want to describe it .... it was actually trying to point out an ongoing attack which most of it's victims as well as onlookers still haven't figured out.

Now, I could go on for pages and pages and hours and hours citing examples to support that claim ... but I'll just use a couple of examples for illustrative purpose, and leave it up to you to either thoughtfully consider it, or consciously choose to leave your head where it is currently lodged.

1) The democrats constant support of illegal immigration, in order to present themselves as the "Champions" of minorities, is actually causing great harm to all American citizens in so doing, though the greatest impact negatively affects those minorities for whom the democrats claim to be championing for ... in several ways:

The influx of illegals, primarily from the southern border now number somewhere between 20-30 Million (not the 10-15 Million claimed, though that would be bad enough). That figure almost eclipses the total black population in this country and puts extreme pressure on jobs and resources that will be felt most by lower income communities in terms of downward pressure on wages, overtaxing dwindling services, and increasing hardship for finding jobs for those unemployed. It places greater demand on affordable housing, and increases in crime in those communities as well.

Particularly damaging to black people is this demographic shift being produced by Ten's of Millions being incorporated into primarily Latino communities, as their political influence in local and national politics grows stronger, grabbing greater share of the aforementioned limited and contracting resources. And it's counter productive to the American citizens of Latino descent as well, as they too are negatively affected by lower wages, loss of jobs, and higher crime rates. Some of the most radical and violent gangs around the country have a majority membership of illegals, terrorizing low income communities, with many inner city areas becoming more dangerous and deadly than third world countries embroiled in civil war.

The democratic party is the only beneficiary of this self serving policy of open borders, and the primary advocates for the INSANE policy of voting rights for illegals, Social Security for illegals, public assistance, public housing .. etc. ... at the expense of the very groups of American citizens who have been convinced to embrace these democrat criminal conspirators as their political champions.

2) The various minority assistance programs are more often than not, just a wolf in sheep's clothing, and if you carefully dissect the programs themselves, and their structure, you'll see how they are fashioned to make worse the conditions they are supposed to be making better. Many Welfare programs actually discourage people from helping themselves, as their "benefits" will be reduced or cut altogether if they find even part time employment to better their conditions. Such a structure traps people in a state of perpetual dependency, and it's no accident that they are structured that way.

3) Health care, and particularly "Planned Parenthood" is a race targeted population control/reduction program under the guise of healthcare for low income families, PERIOD. Based on the eugenics programs of the 1950's, the goal is to keep down or reduce the population of what these sociopaths consider to be "undesirables". These Planned Parenthood facilities set up shop primarily in low income minority communities ... you will NEVER FIND these facilities in upper income, predominately white communities, EVER. And this is not an attack on black people by those evil conservative tee bagging republican white people ... they aren't the one's promoting these racial hygiene programs. It's the progressive liberal lunatics who are behind this crap.

The democrats are responsible for creating an entire demographic of system dependent people in the poor and minority communities as a power base for themselves and their perpetuating and destructive programs of dependence to keep that power base forever dependent, as the author of that opening quote suggested.

These charlatans and stooges for the democratic power structure like Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton owe their grand lifestyles to the very people that will never see or enjoy their level of luxury, who they help keep trapped in psychological dependence with the constant bombardment of messages of despair and racial inequality that are not uplifting, but are in fact debilitating and discouraging and disempowering. The consistent theme is ... you black people would be totally screwed if we weren't here to protect your interests ... you need us and you'd be helpless without us, when the reality is exactly 180 degrees the opposite.

And the conditioning is so deeply ingrained, when someone comes along and denounces a program like "Planned Parenthood" and wants to defund it ... they are the ones ridiculed as the racists who want to harm minorities. Yeah ... they want to end a program who's purpose and agenda is racial genocide in nature, and for their efforts, they are labeled the attackers. Brilliant!

And I'm sure that fate awaits me too, simply for pointing all of this out. It's almost a guaranteed certainty. But I suggest you not continue to operate so mindlessly, and try to overcome the programming long enough to start thinking your own thoughts and reach a more rational and beneficial conclusion.

Now, if you come away with the idea that the underlying message here is advocacy for the Republican party, you've totally missed the point, because that's just part of the "programmed" response. The republicans have their own deceived base of advocates that they have manipulated into supporting their side .... it's the perpetual left versus right game which always results in us losing, and them winning.

Time to realize that it is "we the people" versus them "the government", not we the people fighting against each other. That's the message, and that's the God's honest truth.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:48 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,530,053 times
Quote:
You ever thought that maybe people of color that work and are not on welfare might not want that label put on them? Or is it as I suspect that tea party people only get angry when they see POC use assistance therefore these tea party people have to mention people of color when they talk about welfare.
the tea party people like to label everyone in a simplistic manner. According to them every single Mom needing assistance is scamming the "system". (yet oddly many of them are seniors receiving Medicare)

They have no concept of any reality outside their own. This is why the GOP will lose in November. No clue.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,469,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
the tea party people like to label everyone in a simplistic manner. According to them every single Mom needing assistance is scamming the "system". (yet oddly many of them are seniors receiving Medicare)

They have no concept of any reality outside their own. This is why the GOP will lose in November. No clue.
Are you not labeling and stereotyping right in this post?

Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,530,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Clearly you need to re-read the Constitution because it says nothing about a right to not purge records based upon DMV records. It only says, race, age, sex and survitude.
and the circular, nonsensical , rudimentary reasoning continues.

Kind of like watching 3rd graders argue the law.

**"servitude"** .

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 06-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: educate

Old 06-04-2012, 12:05 PM

37,940 posts, read 17,756,167 times
Quote:
I dont want republicans to do anything for me,I just dont want them to do anything to me.
Good luck with that.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,274,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You forgot to call him a uncle tom, isn't that what dems do when black people go against the democratic party?
You'd be amazed how many Black Americans just simply don't give a damn about other Black Americans who happen to be Republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies