Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 03:19 AM

652 posts, read 2,804,959 times

Advertisements

This is interesting, though I don't know that I agree with it...

Quote:
This case and its racial overtones are being intentionally fanned into a major media event.

Back in the 1960s, COINTELPRO intentionally created friction between whites and blacks by devices such as the "Black Panther Coloring Book". The reason was simple. Blacks and whites were starting to AGREE that the war in Vietnam had to be stopped, so the Nixon White House ordered the FBI to disrupt the anti-war movement, and following the principle of divide and conquer, the FBI intentionally created racial tensions under the theory that if the whites and blacks were fighting each other, then they were NOT united to fight against the war machine.

Well folks, fool me once, etc. And it doesn't take a tin-foil hat to realize that right now Bush and the Neocons need to derail the peace movement, they need to split up the population's unity that showed itself in the 2006 elections.

More than anything, Bush needs a media distraction from how bad Iraq is going (and the loss of his Blackwater praetorians), and Bush needs a media distraction from the plans to invade Iran, the B-52 armed with nukes flying around our skies, and the economy.

The timing is, as they say, just too cute. I am reminded of the media frenzy surrounding Gary Condit and Chandra Levy, a story with no real ending that dominated the US media during the time the foreign media was reporting on US plans to invade Afghanistan in October, 2001.

So, to my white brothers and my black brothers, don't be suckers and fools. You are being played, and if you fall for the planted nooses and the media hype, and turn violent, Bush will have his excuse for even more draconian controls over our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 02:24 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,679,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James T View Post
This is interesting, though I don't know that I agree with it...
I don't agree with it.

Although many can and are going to financially profit from something like Jena 6, most Americans probably haven't even heard of it. Think about it for a second. The absolutely worst thing that happened in Jena was the racial stomping of a high school student. This stomping left him unconscious and blind in one eye for three weeks. A death didn't even occur Jena.

All this, while extremely serious, doesn't amount to much considering the thousands and thousands and thousands of people that are murdered each and every year in the United States. Add in Katrina, the economy, the budget, the war in Iraq with all the causalities there, and it hardly seems reasonable or viable that the government of the United States is deliberately trying the drive a racial wedge in-between its citizens to defuse war opposition. In fact, in most areas Jena probably isn't even making the local newscasts.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:57 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
I'm no Bush fan but this is just silly conspiracy theories.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:24 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,470,125 times
That guy is nuts! I can just see Bush saying, "Boys go out there and find me a school and a white guy that will hang a noose".

.LOL

Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
No sillier than the thinking that our Gov planned 9/11.. The world is full of nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies