Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
The rates are higher because the method of sex : anal. Anal is high risk no matter who does it because of easy tears. Oral sex being the least risky .and heterosexual just being in between
Absolutely right.

Not sure if such rational simplicity can penetrate the minds of raving lunatics, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No one mentions that gay culture corrupts and changes the attitudes of straight naive woman..who are think it is a more sophisticated male that is gay- more fashionable- It makes it more difficult for these foolish females to relate to straight males...Which in turn has had some effect on the opportunity to pair up...Combine the gay cultural influence with eccentric feminism and you have an atmosphere that is not helpful to natural interaction of males and females...It has become a more confusing landscape for those who are looking for normal down to earth woman...
Ridiculous. And what do you say about straight men with gay male friends?

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-05-2012 at 02:02 PM..

Old 06-04-2012, 10:45 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,965,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And for the record, yes, I am more disturbed by the number of abortions in this country than I am about the HIV infection rate.

Go ahead. Get outraged about it.
Me too. I consider myself pro choice, but I still find the 1M plus statistic on abortion to be an absolute horror. Abortion is being used as a primary form of contraception by an awful lot of people

Old 06-04-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
The rates are higher because the method of sex : anal. Anal is high risk no matter who does it because of easy tears. Oral sex being the least risky .and heterosexual just being in between
And, some may find it shocking, but there are gay men out there who don't like anal sex.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
And, some may find it shocking, but there are gay men out there who don't like anal sex.
George Takei is one! He sits in on the Howard Stern Show regularly, and has talked openly about this issue... he and his husband don't practice that, and he hasn't done it in some 20+ years IIRC.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Me too. I consider myself pro choice, but I still find the 1M plus statistic on abortion to be an absolute horror. Abortion is being used as a primary form of contraception by an awful lot of people
I agree, and also consider myself pro-choice. Two of my good friends were once guilty of this, and would have 9 additional children (they have 6 altogether now) without those abortions. So that's 15 total pregnancies between two women, both of whom are under 35 years old? Yikes.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Yeah, I wasn't really sure what that comment meant either! As I tried to point out earlier, being nude in public (which is actually a rare thing around here, unless you're at Baker Beach) has no correlation to HIV rates. Didn't somebody else mention that HIV rates are lower in the UK? I've been to the UK a few times, and public nudity is more accepted and common than it is here... they also have more comprehensive sex education in schools, and aren't nearly as uptight about these issues as we are. Maybe we should take a hint from them, and accept that the puritanical approach isn't working?
Yes, I saw your posts on the subject. Thank you! Huckleberry was drawing some strange conclusions with those posts, for sure.

But as with anything, I do see a kernel of truth there. A disproportionate number of gay men ARE emotionally unstable, which does lead them into risky behavior (i.e. doing drugs and alcohol, depression, etc,....Sex under the influence of drinking & drugs is often unprotected, etc.).

Of course, part of the reason why gay men are emotionally unstable is the sense of shame put upon them at very young ages. Not that we can just sit back and use that as an excuse for dumb behavior....but folks like Huckleberry don't understand how damaging the sense of shame & social ostracism experienced by gay men really is.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
George Takei is one! He sits in on the Howard Stern Show regularly, and has talked openly about this issue... he and his husband don't practice that, and he hasn't done it in some 20+ years IIRC.
I also have gay friends who aren't into anal. I have heard about George Takei on Howard Stern, lol, although I haven't heard him talk about that specifically (but I'm not surprised. It is Howard Stern, after all ).

Old 06-04-2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I agree, and also consider myself pro-choice. Two of my good friends were once guilty of this, and would have 9 additional children (they have 6 altogether now) without those abortions. So that's 15 total pregnancies between two women, both of whom are under 35 years old? Yikes.
Yeah, that's really messed up. But the pro-choice movement has an "anything goes" mentality. They're as bad as the pro-lifers IMO.

Abortion is supposed to be a last resort, not your primary form of contraception!

I think the Alan Guttmacher institute (a pro-choice org.) said that in 50% of abortions, no kind of contraception was used by the woman or her partner. I find that morally unacceptable.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:23 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No one mentions that gay culture corrupts and changes the attitudes of straight naive woman..who are think it is a more sophisticated male that is gay- more fashionable- It makes it more difficult for these foolish females to relate to straight males...Which in turn has had some effect on the opportunity to pair up...Combine the gay cultural influence with eccentric feminism and you have an atmosphere that is not helpful to natural interaction of males and females...It has become a more confusing landscape for those who are looking for normal down to earth woman...
Considering how very rare gay males are in society, I doubt that the average woman has more than one gay male friend, if that many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies