Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 12:22 PM

197 posts, read 299,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Can you translate this into something clear?
What about the hyperbolic yapping of the US? Don't we do the same about other countries?

Ahh yes , start off with the vaguely snide. If it isn't " clear" to you then NO I won't freaking " translate".

And of course you walked right into it , since of course I was speaking of the "hyperbolic yapping" common to liberals who argue via buzzword , volume , red herring , obfuscation and ad hominem rather than *directly* address a given topic.

And what the yapping curs in political office in ANY country , of ANY political persuasion are currently frigging bleating ......? well I could care less. This includes those running for office.

And quite frankly you're 'bout to have a hard time with me , I detest O'Bummer , equally detested BushLeague , same for RipEmOffRomney and in general view politicians as part of a three part "kit"...

The other two parts being a rope and a lamp-post............some assembly required.

All the useless bull**** arguements about PARTY are blind to the fact that it's the freaking S Y S T E M that's completely broken.

Until such time as our politicians are not *bought and paid for prior to arriving in office* , well nothin' gonna improve.

And until the lobby system is eliminated the corruption will continue , until the electoral college is eliminated the corporate entrenchment will continue with the ranks in DC..

And NO I don't like the hogtrough feeding ( 24 years) hide in plain sight fascist and FAUX " Libertarian" known as Ron Paul , feeding folks mindlessly rehashed Spooner , Rothbard and Von Mises.

Now if ya want to get into foreign policy , we can address that, You'd be rather surprised by certain of my positions , but then again you might not , you might actually *know* what ( for instance) our presence in the Afghan theatre is really about.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 12:24 PM

93 posts, read 59,940 times
China rounds up Tiananmen activists

Quote:
Hong Kong held a candlelight vigil Monday to mark the 23rd anniversary of the Tiananmen Square crackdown, in stark contrast to mainland China where activists said hundreds of people were detained.
Hong Kong's Victoria Park glowed with candlelight in what has become an annual act of remembrance for the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of people killed in the June 3-4, 1989 onslaught against pro-democracy activists in Beijing.
"The trend of democracy cannot be blocked," Lee Cheuk-yan, chairman of the Hong Kong Alliance in Support of Patriotic Democratic Movement in China, told the crowd in a speech.
Hong Kong vigil as China rounds up Tiananmen activists - Yahoo! News

Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre.Linoge View Post
US murders students at Kent State and Jackson State.

Next?

Old 06-04-2012, 12:36 PM

226 posts, read 213,683 times
So everytime someone from another country criticized Obama it showed the left for what they are?

Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM

197 posts, read 299,451 times
Quote:

Next?

And? So what. Shall we address Ayers and Dorhn and where they are now and what they did?

That's about the stinkiest Red Herring ya could come up with and isn't even remotely germane to the topic.

And you're caught between the rock and the hard place in this arguement , since of course with your raving as regards China you're defending one of the most repressive regimes in the worlds history.

Oh and re' the events you cite , don't try to play the age card with me , you're not the only " aging hippie" , a term that covers a great deal of ground.

And if necessary I'll illustrate for you the fact that many who were bitching about " the Establishment" during that era , turned right around and tunneled into and BECAME " the establishment" and are now firmly rooted within the Halls of Power , and of course corrupted into just another " Machine"...........

This has became apropos AGAIN...........and it's happening AGAIN , the country is more polarised and divided than ever before.

Listen to the lyrics........remember.

For What Its Worth - Buffalo Springfield - YouTube

Old 06-04-2012, 01:05 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
AND? Sorry but a " warning " just ain't a gonna get it. Google Rod Parsley sometime for some clarity on how far it's gone.

Institutional religion needs to pay it's fair share of taxes , and so do the ultra-rich hypocrites that are many times passing as " Preachers ".......if ya can afford a personal Gulfstream then you can pay taxes.
Different issue and wayyyyy off topic. Start a thread on it.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:14 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:

Next?
Did you really just compare a total of 6 deaths that spontaneously occurred during a cloud of confusion to the premeditated ordered assault that killed perhaps thousands?

I'm really not sure if you grasp just how offensive that statement is.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
And? So what. Shall we address Ayers and Dorhn and where they are now and what they did?

That's about the stinkiest Red Herring ya could come up with and isn't even remotely germane to the topic.
You started the silly game of tit for tat.
Now you don't like it.
Wah, poor poster.

Funny how the things you complain about with China are done in the US, too.

Ask any of the 100,000+ Iraqi's who died for Bush's personal war because "he tried to kill my daddy."

Old 06-04-2012, 02:25 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Did you really just compare a total of 6 deaths that spontaneously occurred during a cloud of confusion to the premeditated ordered assault that killed perhaps thousands?
yep.

pretty pretty much tells you where she's coming from

Old 06-04-2012, 02:33 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
You started the silly game of tit for tat.
Now you don't like it.
Wah, poor poster.

Funny how the things you complain about with China are done in the US, too.

Ask any of the 100,000+ Iraqi's who died for Bush's personal war because "he tried to kill my daddy."
What does Iraq have to do with China?? More deflection. When all else fails the left always cries racism or bring out blame Bush nonsense. Never fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies