Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2008, 06:21 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,046,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Kennedy like all ground breakers made a lot of enemies
Kennedy was not a ground breaker, he was a jackass and unfit to be president. His death was the best thing that ever happened.

In addition to screwing up Vietnam by murdering President Ngo Diem, he screwed up Berlin and screwed up Cuba, and screwed up the Bay of Pigs and screwed up the Cuban Missile Crisis.

And those are the only things you've heard of. You don't even know about the dozens of other things he FUBAR'd.

His life was over 6 weeks after he mucked up the Cuban Missile Crisis. The southern Democrats pulled their support of Kennedy and starting directing states to submit dates for primaries. That panicked the northern Democrats. Early in 1963, three or four congressman approached him and asked him to resign. If you can find out who they were, you've probably identified the conspirators.

Quote:
was rethinking his deployment of Military Advisors to Vietnam
No he wasn't. The memo is taken entirely out of context, and everyone ignores his remarks in subsequent memos (which is disingenuous).

Quote:
had all intentions of abolishing the CIA, an intelligence agency born as the OSS during WWII, but seen as obsolete in relative peace time
There's no evidence of that. That's another misquoted memo.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 06:30 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,348,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Kennedy was not a ground breaker, he was a jackass and unfit to be president. His death was the best thing that ever happened.
What a sweetheart.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 13,395,309 times
It was a conspiracy.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:35 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,753,027 times
I could tell you who killed JFK, but then I would have to kill you...

Old 09-05-2008, 06:43 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,507,100 times
I am not into this kind of thing and I agree that in this lifetime the average person will probably never know but I accidently came across a book one day that caused me to realize it may not have been anything to do with the government unless the secret service did the job to protect the country. I don't think they would do that.

The book is Mafia Moll: The Judith Exner Story, The life of the mistress of John F. Kennedy by Judith Campbell Exner. May have just been a love triangle and a jealous boyfriend.

Maybe you could take the paper to something like, "How would America be different, if JFK had lived."

Old 09-05-2008, 11:20 PM

26,637 posts, read 28,452,188 times
The book is Mafia Moll: The Judith Exner Story, The life of the mistress of John F. Kennedy by Judith Campbell Exner.

Wasn't she also the mistress of one of those big Mafia bosses?

Old 09-06-2008, 12:17 AM

A Senate committee investigating C.I.A.-Mafia connections summoned her to testify and press reports revealed her connections to Kennedy and to Sam Giancana, a Chicago organized-crime figure.

(Judith Exner) She was introduced to JFK by Frank Sinatra who was also closely tied in with the mob.

As long as I'm in here writing--when the Warren Commission report came out, some friends sent away for it and we all had a good laugh. Its just a fake cover up, supposedly designed to make the public feel better, that's all.

I've always wondered if the other Kennedys knew who assassinated JFK and RFK but after reading the threads on here (the ones that have information and insight like the one about the book, in particular.) That book that seems to have pulled the loose threads together and seems to have gotten it right. It's pretty obvious they DID know. RFK knew right after JFK was killed! They stirred up the Mob for whatever reasons and that was their undoing.

It makes me wonder if the JFK and RFK were just too young and reckless and too idealistic. They thought they could get away with it. Use the mob to wipe out Castro and then also hunt the mob and eliminate them. Hatch a secret plan and think that no one will catch them. Naive.

Who ran against JFK that year? Nixon? Would we have been better off?? JFK's assassination was the beginning of the end for this country--we have never recovered. Maybe we WOULD have been better off with Nixon. This subject has probably been discussed before.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,395,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Wasn't she also the mistress of one of those big Mafia bosses?
Sam Giancana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-06-2008, 01:10 AM

Whew. Thanks. Nice man (not).

Old 09-06-2008, 01:33 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,165,155 times
JFK never intended to withdraw from Vietnam. When he took office on January 20, 1961 there were only 900 troops in Vietnam. When he was killed on November 22, 1963 there were 17,000 troops there. That pretty much says it all.

Also, NSAM 273 which Lyndon Johnson signed on November 26, 1963 was drafted when Kennedy was still alive. Had Kennedy lived he would have signed the same document.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies