Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:13 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times

Advertisements

I apologize but I shan't continue with the dialogue that I so enjoyed. I am not laying out my feelings, most sincere, and infrequently revealed in my personal life to have some stranger equate me with bin Laden, and another poster conversely think I am anti-Jewish and anti-Zionism.

I am merely a person interested in this subject, but that does not mean I am willing to accept personal attacks and poorly communicated thoughts from posters here that appear to be rabidly eager to espouse anything that enters their head.

Thanks, though, TnHilltopper, for being the first to bring this subject up with sensitivity, and for providing me with a limited forum to discuss it candidly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I can now better understand why Tony Judt's commentary struck a person chord with you and I look forward to your thoughts on David Levy's views.

I have two colleagues, one who I attended college with and another through a writers group who now both live in Israel. Ravvi is a hard lined Zionist while my lady friend is associated with Neturei Karta and I have been struck by the vast difference in positions being they live in such proximity. What is even more striking is that for very different reasons, both feel that US foreign aid to Israel and the Israeli lobby do more harm for the sovereign interest of Israel than it does to help. Ravvi feels that US foreign aid constrains Israeli self determination and her because of her deep spiritual beliefs and interpretations of the Torah.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:15 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
I am not in Israel. I am not finding you amusing, but I do find you most offensive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
So you are secular Jew in Israel? This reminds me of the New Yorker cartoon showing a couple of the Pilgrims on the Mayflower, with one saying to the other that his journey is actually about real estate development.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:27 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,159,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I apologize but I shan't continue with the dialogue that I so enjoyed. I am not laying out my feelings, most sincere, and infrequently revealed in my personal life to have some stranger equate me with bin Laden, and another poster conversely think I am anti-Jewish and anti-Zionism.

I am merely a person interested in this subject, but that does not mean I am willing to accept personal attacks and poorly communicated thoughts from posters here that appear to be rabidly eager to espouse anything that enters their head.

Thanks, though, TnHilltopper, for being the first to bring this subject up with sensitivity, and for providing me with a limited forum to discuss it candidly.
Ontheroad, I certainly regret your departure from this thread and on this serious topic. I can only accuse you of being sincere and candid as well as owning a compelling and intriguing perspective into one of the most volatile areas of the globe. Too often peoples presumptuous decontextualiztion of the topic or the people discussing it lead to the many impasses we have today. Perhaps another time as it was certainly interesting while it lasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.