Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:49 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
So what, if the THC is in your system? The THC molecule sticks to your fat cells. Again, I'll repeat it for you, MARIJUANA'S INTOXICATING EFFECTS WEARS OFF WITHIN 1-3 HOURS! Furthermore, if a cop is worth a damn, he would be able to recognize when someone is impaired. I can tell when someone is stoned just by looking at them! And not that I condone it, but when someone drives stoned, they tend to be a little more cautious than someone who drives drunk. Alcohol gives you liquid courage. Nevertheless, it's not wise to drive on either. By your logic though, If I smoke a joint tonight after work, then I shouldn't drive for at least 30 days.

Exactly! What about all of the people who take legally prescribed opiates, and still drive?

You'd be suprised. Given that people take freakin' bath salts to get high, nothing suprises me! I also, talked to a kid a couple of years back who said that they would by Robitussin to trip. They call it Robo-trippin'! Now do the math, and you tell me what is more dangerous?
That particular poster totally poo-poo'd Robotripping when I brought it up a few pages back.
I can see he is really up on pharmacology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 06:50 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninAmok View Post
Lets see your actual evidence. And you fail to understand how the intoxicant mechanism in either one works.

In addition you show just exactly how unaware you are of what folks are utilising to get high , YES there's one hell of a lot of folks abusing cough syrup , both across the counter versions and prescription versions.

Furthermore since YOU yourself admits that the metabolite for THC stay in the body FAR longer than the affect lasts , well ya rather shoot your own arguement in the foot.

THC is stored in *bodyfat* , it doesn't metabolise out like alcohol ( a FAR FAR more harmful drug) the various opiates , meth or cocaine.

YEAH lets worry about weed when the country is in the midst of a Meth epidemic and overrun with Oxycontin fiends..........

And you'll yap about someone with THC in their body , which of course can remain resident for 30 days or longer.

Well said! Thanks for providing logic here, as well as seeing through the "Reefer Madness" propaganda!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 AM

84 posts, read 57,045 times
Some of the potheads here seem to have anger issues. But I thought pot was supposed to make you "mellow". I guess that was just another lie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVDuu_lCr4g

Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenester View Post
Shame on Bloomburg for targeting soda and then turning around and giving a pass to this harmful drug. SHAME.

Seriously, thanks for the chuckle.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:01 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
So what, if the THC is in your system? The THC molecule sticks to your fat cells. Again, I'll repeat it for you, MARIJUANA'S INTOXICATING EFFECTS WEARS OFF WITHIN 1-3 HOURS!
I think I have said that about three or four times now. It is difficult to tell when someone is actually high, or just has residual thc in their system from previous day.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Seriously, thanks for the chuckle.
One can only laugh at the ignorance.....

Old 06-06-2012, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Some of the potheads here seem to have anger issues. But I thought pot was supposed to make you "mellow". I guess that was just another lie.
Anger and use of insults in a debate ALWAYS reveals the weakness of the position they are trying to support. The other thig which gives away a weak position is the constant use of diversions. See how they always say things like "alcohol is worse", as if legalizing pot had something to do with booze. It has nothing to do with it.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
That particular poster totally poo-poo'd Robotripping when I brought it up a few pages back.
I can see he is really up on pharmacology.
Yeah I didn't see your post until after I commented on it. It is very real. I can only imagine what type of effect that has on the liver.

Quote:

Anti-Drug PSA-They Said-They Lied - YouTube
Nope, we just get annoyed with the BS propaganda regarding marijuana, especially when you have legal substances that are 1000 more dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think I have said that about three or four times now. It is difficult to tell when someone is actually high, or just has residual thc in their system from previous day.
I beg to differ. It is not really difficult to tell when someone is high. And again as another poster mentioned, the THC doesn't metabolize like alcohol. Not to mention, Visine does NOTHING for the pupils. It only serves to get rid of the redness in your eyes.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Yeah I didn't see your post until after I commented on it. It is very real. I can only imagine what type of effect that has on the liver.
Robitussin is bad, and booze is bad, therefore we must legalize pot. Okey dokey....This is the kind of argument I keen hearing here.

Quote:
And again as another poster mentioned, the THC doesn't metabolize like alcohol.
Maybe that poster was me. I am aware that the high lasts only hours, while the thc can be detected in the blood for weeks.

Quote:
Not to mention, Visine does NOTHING for the pupils. It only serves to get rid of the redness in your eyes.
No one said it does anything to the pupils. Cocaine, LSD and opiates have visible effect on the pupil, but with pot is is hardly noticeable. The telltale sign is the bloodshot eyes, which can be taken care of with Visine.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anger and use of insults in a debate ALWAYS reveals the weakness of the position they are trying to support. The other thig which gives away a weak position is the constant use of diversions. See how they always say things like "alcohol is worse", as if legalizing pot had something to do with booze. It has nothing to do with it.

No insults here. And yes legalizing pot does have everything to do with booze. Prohibition did not work for booze, and only created a black market. And yes, alcohol is in fact worse for your body. I wouldn't call it anger. More like an annoyance that there are people that still buy into the hypocricy surrounding the prohibition of pot, as well as the lies that caused it's prohibition in the first place. Sorry, but I cannot in good conscience support a stupid law due to some special interest groups back in the day as well as today that are all butt hurt, because of ignorance and bigotry (you do know one of the reasons it was made illegal was racial), as well as their fear of losing money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies