Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:46 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They aren't on a sidewalk and that is quite clear thanks to you.
So they weren't initially on a sidewalk before they were on the "median"???? Did the magically fly out of the hospital into the median??

They were in the hospital, the cop asked them to leave the hospital, they left and stood on a public sidewalk. The cop asked them to cross the street and they stopped at the paved median.

My question is, what right did the cop have to ask them to cross the street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 02:48 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So they weren't initially on a sidewalk before they were on the "median"???? Did the magically fly out of the hospital into the median??
Doesn't matter where they were before they were on the median, they were arrested for standing on the median.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They were not in "the middle of the road" - they were in the median strip.

I voted for your mayor for VP and I wish that she had ran for president during this current election - that doesn't mean that I have to support your ridiculous definitions.
The median strip IS "the middle of the road." You seriously do not think traffic, in both directions, could possibly be distracted by such a spectacle? I seriously doubt Officer Ward was concerned about the reporter's or camera operator's safety. I would wager that he was more interested in keeping a four-lane divided avenue, with a hospital entrance, clear and available for traffic.

All the reporter and camera operator had to do was move another 20 feet, across two lanes, and stand on the sidewalk with the other reporters and camera operators (who did comply with Officer Ward's lawful order).

Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter where they were before they were on the median, they were arrested for standing on the median.
Did the cop have a right to kick them off the sidewalk, yes or no, I suppose it doesn't matter right? Shouldn't the cop be suspended for violating the constitution??

Old 06-05-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
The cop asked them to cross the street and they stopped at the paved median.
Hence the reason they were arrested, this video starts where they are on the median and that is where he is asking them to leave from.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Hence the reason they were arrested, this video starts where they are on the median and that is where he is asking them to leave from.
The cop asked them to leave prior to that as well. He wasn't letting them cross the street in the other direction. I suppose you think that's ok.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Did the cop have a right to kick them off the sidewalk, yes or no, I suppose it doesn't matter right? Shouldn't the cop be suspended for violating the constitution??
There is nothing in this video where they are on the sidewalk. As far as that goes it doesn't appear to me there would be any reason to kick them off the sidewalk but that isn't where there are when they get arrested.

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Shouldn't the cop be suspended for violating the constitution?
Yes, the cop should be suspended -at least that is what you will get from my honest opinion.

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
They couldn't have been very arrested considering they were both free at the end of the video after the Police Supervisor(my guess) got there.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:54 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
They were arrested for not complying with a law enforcement officer's lawful order - "move to the sidewalk." The median is not the sidewalk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies