Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times

Advertisements

China calls out 'overcritical' U.S. – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Never thought Id think this way. hate breeds hate I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 06:14 PM

14 posts, read 16,678 times
All of these are real problems mentioned by China - how to get anyone to really address even one of them.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastgary2 View Post
All of these are real problems mentioned by China - how to get anyone to really address even one of them.
You wont. Not only that but to the right these are victories not problems.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:26 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
lol @ "to the right"

what a sheep you are. You need to seek first to understand....You are on autopilot. You would be way more productive if you were apathetic even.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
I think perhaps China is mistaken i the OWS treatemnt. they have been much more effect but certainly not anyhting near as patient i dealig wit protestors.Remmeber they used tnaks the last time and they still jail people for not agreeing. the same CNN did a documentery on new startups i China and some fo the, where the protestoers i the Sqaure. They bascially said they decided it was too dangerous to continue. Perhaps we should send some OWS pople there to see for themselfs.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think perhaps China is mistaken i the OWS treatemnt. they have been much more effect but certainly not anyhting near as patient i dealig wit protestors.Remmeber they used tnaks the last time and they still jail people for not agreeing. the same CNN did a documentery on new startups i China and some fo the, where the protestoers i the Sqaure. They bascially said they decided it was too dangerous to continue. Perhaps we should send some OWS pople there to see for themselfs.
Send your tea party. They should love it there. No unions and zero workers right. Lots of long hours in the plant and low pay,no benefits. Looks like they should go in mass tonight.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:43 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
China criticizes us for our prison population? And this coming from a country which simply shoots people for even minor crimes?

Yeah, I guess it's "easy" to hold down your prison population if they never get to the door, ain't it?

Then, they have something to say about the number of guns we have. Well, duh! China wouldn't DARE let their people have guns!

And, they fault us for our high unemployment after having sucked in thousands of our jobs with an artificially devalued currency and the connivance of greedy, US corporate heads?

Gimme a break. Screw the Chinese and their Neo-Con partners who are making them rich.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Um... no

Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
China criticizes us for our prison population? And this coming from a country which simply shoots people for even minor crimes?

Yeah, I guess it's "easy" to hold down your prison population if they never get to the door, ain't it?

Then, they have something to say about the number of guns we have. Well, duh! China wouldn't DARE let their people have guns!

And, they fault us for our high unemployment after having sucked in thousands of our jobs with an artificially devalued currency and the connivance of greedy, US corporate heads?

Gimme a break. Screw the Chinese and their Neo-Con partners who are making them rich.
"Neocon" -- there's that Lefty demon-word that no one can seem to define .... again!

The Chinese are hardly being promoted as a role-model by conservatives; certainly not by conservatives of a libertarian strain. They are, via historical accident, riding a wave of unprecedented rapid economic advancement, like the Japanese who came before them. Unlike the Japanese, they don't have a stronger West looking over their shoulder. They haven't screwed it up -- not yet -- but they likely will.

Now about those conspiracy theories; I've been a moderate participant in conservative causes of various strains since the late 1960's, but my first exposure to the demonized "Koch brothers" didn't begin until about two years ago; ironically, in rants by a couple of dedicated soft-Marxists at another site I used to visit a lot more frequently.

It's a tactic taken straight from the playbook of the late "Tail-Gunner Joe" McCarthy, but it's hard to believe who's trying to make use of it.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:31 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,594,471 times
Tom Friedman,hardly a conservative,constantly wishes we could be China for a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies