Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 AM

14,295 posts, read 9,628,992 times

Advertisements

I don't see how this is not an insult to people who are identified as "Hispanic". Why isn't it considered an insult to whites to select a white person for vice president? Are Hispanics some sort of sub-species of humans, that their self worth and reputations are molded by the actions of white people?

“I think it would be an insult to the Hispanic community to choose Senator Rubio if the thinks that that is somehow—if Governor Romney thinks that’s sort of a get-out-of-jail-free card for all of the things and the positions that he’s taken,” Mr. Axelrod said.

Axelrod: Rubio as VP would

David Axelrod seems to think that nominating Sen. Marco Rubio would translate to an insult to Hispanics. First of all, the term Hispanic encompasses every one from Cubans, to Venezuelans, to Mexicans to Peruvians, and the Portuguese and Spaniards.

If you are a Hispanic person, in Axelrod's world view, you were probably doing just fine, then suddenly your a lesser person because some white guy chose a Hispanic running mate, for VP? Does Axelrod think so little of your intelligence and character, that you are like a herd animal who votes based upon skin color or ethnicity?

Does Axelrod think Romney could buy off white voters by selecting a white running mate? Of course not, white people are thoughtful, analytical individuals, and vote for candidates based on substantive reasoning, not mindless emotions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 10:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,499,574 times
I think he needs to take that axlerod out of his ass. Least he speak for this Hispanic.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:18 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,455,425 times
Most hispanics in the nation will probably be offended if Sen. Rubio is selected as the GOP Vice Presidential candidate. There's not much affection across-the-board for Cuban Americans and their (generally) Right Wing stance (as a group). I don't see Axelrod's comments as an insult to that wider community and I think he was wise to say why he felt the way he does. He's an astute campaigner who's managed two successful Presidential campaigns.

Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,146,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I don't see how this is not an insult to people who are identified as "Hispanic". Why isn't it considered an insult to whites to select a white person for vice president? Are Hispanics some sort of sub-species of humans, that their self worth and reputations are molded by the actions of white people?

“I think it would be an insult to the Hispanic community to choose Senator Rubio if the thinks that that is somehow—if Governor Romney thinks that’s sort of a get-out-of-jail-free card for all of the things and the positions that he’s taken,” Mr. Axelrod said.

Axelrod: Rubio as VP would

David Axelrod seems to think that nominating Sen. Marco Rubio would translate to an insult to Hispanics. First of all, the term Hispanic encompasses every one from Cubans, to Venezuelans, to Mexicans to Peruvians, and the Portuguese and Spaniards.

If you are a Hispanic person, in Axelrod's world view, you were probably doing just fine, then suddenly your a lesser person because some white guy chose a Hispanic running mate, for VP? Does Axelrod think so little of your intelligence and character, that you are like a herd animal who votes based upon skin color or ethnicity?

Does Axelrod think Romney could buy off white voters by selecting a white running mate? Of course not, white people are thoughtful, analytical individuals, and vote for candidates based on substantive reasoning, not mindless emotions.
No, they are not insulted, but it is sweet you pretend to be insulted on their behalf

Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,488,249 times
Some people get insulted when the wind blows. Other people like to think people are insulted and speak for them.

Both groups are morons.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:38 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,124,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Most hispanics in the nation will probably be offended if Sen. Rubio is selected as the GOP Vice Presidential candidate. There's not much affection across-the-board for Cuban Americans and their (generally) Right Wing stance (as a group). I don't see Axelrod's comments as an insult to that wider community and I think he was wise to say why he felt the way he does. He's an astute campaigner who's managed two successful Presidential campaigns.
I think that Axelrod doesn't know what Hispanic person he would have to push into the Obama campaign in case the Republicans should do so.

Have the Democrats guaranteed Biden a return engagement? Maybe I missed that part, but the Dems really are depending on the Hispanics for their return engagement.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:39 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,124,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Some people get insulted when the wind blows. Other people like to think people are insulted and speak for them.

Both groups are morons.
Axelrod has been appearing a bit more moronic lately.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,028,018 times
The Obama Machine wholly and completely believes that its core supporters are stupid. Because of this, they can freely make these types of comments without being held accountable. I guess that means that his supporters actually are stupid, because he's right, they won't hold him accountable for questioning their intellect.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,488,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Axelrod has been appearing a bit more moronic lately.
It comes to him naturally.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,919,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Cubans are also seen as having an "I'm better than you" persona over other hispanics because of their castilian blood. The only hispanics that are more arrogant and racist would be the argentines. I've personally known cuban americans in my life. I found them to be immensely proud of their cuban heritage, spoke fluent spanish and very personable. But they sometimes can come across as arrogant at first encounter. My first contact with one was in the late 80s when I was job hunting. He asked me if I spoke spanish. when I asked him if he spoke spanish, he was eager to tell me that he was" "cuban"- not "mexican" - the predominant kind of texas hispanic. It was the way that he said it, like he was insulted that someone would even think that he was of mex descent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies