Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:28 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,127,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
I agree that MJ had a terrible home life, and the fact that he was a big payday for the accusor probably played into it too. What I was commenting on was more that he 'set himself up to look bad' even if he didn't commit any crime, and the fact that it was a huge rallying cry from the black leaders when there were many other much more worthy cases to pursue.
You know what? I think that Mrs. Jackson, by sheltering Michael SO much, set him up to fall for something like this. Mrs. Jackson is such a huge overbearing presence that she puts herself in front of celebrities that you would be shocked to see bending down to her wishes. We're talking huge big names that have to play by her rules, and her rules are whacked! They are like "child playground rules." She treats everyone like they are 5 years old. Adult superstars aren't trusted to handle telephones. Honestly. (This is not an analogy. She did not trust people like ***** using the telephone in Michael's home studio so she had the phones removed.) Her rules were so strict that I believe, if the house was on fire, the fire department would have to call her and ask permission to put the fire out.

Anyway, I think OJ was as guilty as sin but I believe that Michael Jackson rightfully was acquited. Michael Jackson has lived an incredibly strange sheltered life, but I don't believe he is a child molester. If I had kids (boys) I would let them go over to Michael Jacksons house for a slumber party. Michael's really harmless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 10:33 PM

If you wondered why I defended Michael Jackson so much -- well, it's because it bothers me to see him placed side by side with OJ.

OJ really is a criminal!!

Michael Jackson really isn't!! I wish people wouldn't use him as an example of "a black getting off after committing a crime." I don't believe he committed a crime! I think Michael Jackson did develop some opportunistic friendships and that led to him being put on trial -- but I don't believe he committed a crime.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 PM

BIG QUESTION:

Black on black crime

Where are Jackson and Sharpton?

I'd like to know. So would a lot of South Central LA mothers. Do they need to keep crying in vain? Why don't the black leaders come and support them?

Old 09-24-2007, 07:50 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,141,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
Good points. Why do you think that Jackson gets more coverage for a "race rally" than a "black-on-black protest"? Is it as simple as 'media bias' or is there something else to it?
Jesse Jackson is certainly an activist which means he gets under people's skins. Who is going to be unsettled by him protesting black on black crime? Drug dealers and muggers? They don't own many media outlets. The same thing with him protesting profane music concerts. Are musicians going to complain?

So, he gets the most ink when he is complaining about instances of injustice by the established interests. That gets highlighted in the media. Then, in backlash, uninformed folks say he should be protesting about black on black crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies