Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 06:04 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Cute, and this is one of the reasons for my user name, along with Hinckley being the "Home of the buzzards"

Wow! That is an old poster. That is from the 70s, correct? It has to be with it being 101 FM.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. We're here live discussing the effects of marijuana, it's benefits, as well as the lies told throughout the years keeping this wonderful substance illegal.

Let's take some calls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 06:07 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Wow! That is an old poster. That is from the 70s, correct? It has to be with it being 101 FM.

CLEVELAND ROCKS!

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. We're here live discussing the effects of marijuana, it's benefits, as well as the lies told throughout the years keeping this wonderful substance illegal.

Let's take some calls!
The only good thing that ever came out of Cleveland is LeBron James and now he plays in my town.

Now, for anyone who is considering smiking pot: DON'T DO IT!!! If you can't help yourself, then see your doctor first, and make sure your body and mind are fit enough to survive the impact.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
yes i can verify that,, me and a good bit of people i know have given up drinking alcohol completely..
I haven't, but I only drink beer. I can't stand the hard stuff! Legalize weed, and I would be inclined to give up drinking completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Caffeine does the same thing...
There is a difference between use and abuse and there is the golden rule of everything in moderation.
Some people who may have had these experiences have a pre-existing condition they are not aware of, they could be allergic to marijuana just like some people are allergic to berries or dairy.

How many people, what is the percentage, of those that smoked that had these kinds of experiences?
How do those numbers compare to those who had the same thing happen on speed or cocaine?
Even coffee.

Did you know that you can die from drinking too much water?
Did you know you can cause your body to reject needed vitimin C if you do too much?
Ahh yes caffeine. Coffee and a cigarette... the breakfast of champions!

Seriously, and I guess it could happen, but are there cases where people are allergic to marijuana?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Caffeine does the same thing...
There is a difference between use and abuse and there is the golden rule of everything in moderation.
Some people who may have had these experiences have a pre-existing condition they are not aware of, they could be allergic to marijuana just like some people are allergic to berries or dairy.

How many people, what is the percentage, of those that smoked that had these kinds of experiences?
How do those numbers compare to those who had the same thing happen on speed or cocaine?
Even coffee.

Did you know that you can die from drinking too much water?
Did you know you can cause your body to reject needed vitimin C if you do too much?
I'd say about 80% of pot smokers experience cardiac arrythmia from time to time, and many expoerience it every time they take the drug. Sure, speed and coke trigger it too. What's your point?

Old 06-21-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The only good thing that ever came out of Cleveland is LeBron James and now he plays in my town.

So now you're going to insult my city? Tell me again what kind of industry Florida has? Don't get me wrong I love your state, and plan someday to be a snow bird, but let's not pretend that every thing is all hunky dory in your state when it comes to employment, and the housing market. I'm guessing that considering you buy into all the lies about marijuana then that would explain why you would go along with those who believe all the negative hype about this city.

Oh, and BTW Lebron is a sell out POS! He doesn't deserve to be associated with the hardworking people of the great state of OHIO!

At any rate let me educate you about some famous Clevelanders.

Bob Hope
Don Shula... ooh lookie here... the only coach to get the Dolphins to the Super Bowl
Bernie Kosar (Boardman near Youngstown but close enough)
Halle Berry
Drew Carey
Wes Craven
Alan Freed
Arsenio Hall
Don King
John D Rockefeller
Jesse Owens
Margaret Hamilton (the wicked witch of the west from the Wizard of Oz)
Patricia Heaton
Bone Thugs In Harmony

... just to name a few.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:43 AM

Quote:
So now you're going to insult my city? Tell me again what kind of industry Florida has? Don't get me wrong I love your state, and plan someday to be a snow bird, but let's not pretend that every thing is all hunky dory in your state when it comes to employment, and the housing market. I'm guessing that considering you buy into all the lies about marijuana then that would explain why you would go along with those who believe all the negative hype about this city.

Oh, and BTW Lebron is a sell out POS! He doesn't deserve to be associated with the hardworking people of the great state of OHIO!

Bob Hope
Don Shula... ooh lookie here... the only coach to get the Dolphins to the Super Bowl
Halle Berry
Drew Carey
Wes Craven
Alan Freed
Arsenio Hall
Don King
John D Rockefeller
Jesse Owens
Patricia Heaton
Bone Thugs In Harmony

... just to name a few.
I think pretty much everyone on that list left Cleveland.....

Yea, come on down. Don Shula did You can buy a nice condo for $80 000 and watch The Miami Heat three times a week, and Miami Marlins 5 times a week. And we got the Dolphins, Panthers, Canes, beaches full of beautiful women, the food, the music, the nighlife, the blue ocean....you can't beat it. Just watch out for pot crazed zombies....

Old 06-21-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
I think pretty much everyone on that list left Cleveland.....

Yea, come on down. Don Shula did You can buy a nice condo for $80 000 and watch The Miami Heat three times a week, and Miami Marlins 5 times a week. And we got the Dolphins, Panthers, Canes, beaches full of beautiful women, the food, the music, the nighlife, the blue ocean....you can't beat it. Just watch out for pot crazed zombies....

I've been to Miami, though it's been awhile. I also have a soft spot for the Dolphins being that Shula was the coach. He reminds me of that gentle old uncle that you see every once in awhile at family functions. I was also a Marino fan. My favorite team has been and always will be the Browns, but I always enjoyed watching the Dolphins, and 49ers in the 80s as well.

As for the Heat! I could give a s*** less! I root for the Cavs because they're from Cleveland, but I'm not much of a basketball fan. Lebron and the whole fiasco with the Miami Heat proved what a joke the NBA truly is! I was more attached to the Cavs of the late 80s and early 90s with Price, Ehlo, Nance, "Hot Rod" Williams...ect...

On to the Marlins. I don't mind baseball, and every once in awhile I'll watch. But generally if it's not the Indians, or watching my son's little league games, I don't care! I'm a football guy! Were I to move to Miami, I could definitely adopt the Dolphins as a second home team! But again, hands down the Cleveland Browns are my #1 team HANDS DOWN!

And, sure Cleveland cannot compete with Miami when it comes to the weather. Not too many places can. However; we too have great food, a great night life, as well as beatiful women. Anyone that says otherwise is blowing smoke up your a**!

I'm not worried about "pot crazed zombies." They don't exist! Worry more about the crackheads, meth heads, heroin addicts, and those who take bath salts.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
I've been to Miami, though it's been awhile. I also have a soft spot for the Dolphins being that Shula was the coach. He reminds me of that gentle old uncle that you see every once in awhile at family functions. I was also a Marino fan. My favorite team has been and always will be the Browns, but I always enjoyed watching the Dolphins, and 49ers in the 80s as well.

As for the Heat! I could give a s*** less! I root for the Cavs because they're from Cleveland, but I'm not much of a basketball fan. Lebron and the whole fiasco with the Miami Heat proved what a joke the NBA truly is! I was more attached to the Cavs of the late 80s and early 90s with Price, Ehlo, Nance, "Hot Rod" Williams...ect...

On to the Marlins. I don't mind baseball, and every once in awhile I'll watch. But generally if it's not the Indians, or watching my son's little league games, I don't care! I'm a football guy! Were I to move to Miami, I could definitely adopt the Dolphins as a second home team! But again, hands down the Cleveland Browns are my #1 team HANDS DOWN!

And, sure Cleveland cannot compete with Miami when it comes to the weather. Not too many places can. However; we too have great food, a great night life, as well as beatiful women. Anyone that says otherwise is blowing smoke up your a**!

I'm not worried about "pot crazed zombies." They don't exist! Worry more about the crackheads, meth heads, heroin addicts, and those who take bath salts.
You might have pretty girls there too, but they look better down here in their beach gear, as opposed to what they have to wear to up there in the snow storms.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:

Bob Hope
Halle Berry
Drew Carey
Wes Craven
Alan Freed
Arsenio Hall
Don King
John D Rockefeller
Jesse Owens
Patricia Heaton
Bone Thugs In Harmony

... just to name a few.
Anyone that has to reduce themselves to insulting someones hometown in order to bolster their argument, has no argument.
Just look at Finns insistence that I am 17 because of my username.
Talk about putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
You might have pretty girls there too, but they look better down here in their beach gear, as opposed to what they have to wear to up there in the snow storms.
We also sit right next to one of the largest bodies in the world, so we too have beaches, and I've seen plenty of hotties in bikinis in this city. It doesn't snow here 24/7 365. In fact this past winter was one of the mildest in Cleveland history. I think I shoveled 3 times, and within 3 days it was gone anyway! My son did not have 1 snow day this year, whereas the year before we burned through all of the alotted snow days and then some. Not to mention the past 3 days have been in the 90s, and we've been in a bit of a drought. Another tid bit of information... Cleveland from June through to September averages more wall to wall sunshine than Miami and other sunbelt locations. It's why I do want to be a snow bird someday. Stay here until New Years, and come back around Mother's Day. It's the best of both worlds.

Pot heads aren't a problem here either. It's quite accepted here. In fact while it's still a felony to sell it here (any amount) they've decriminalized possession to a degree to the point of a traffic ticket. You have to have A LOT of it to be considered a felony. Paraphenelia gets you in more trouble, and head shops sell it legally. The real problem is becoming prescription pain pills and heroin. Those 2 go hand in hand, as when one can no longer obtain the pills they resort to heroin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Anyone that has to reduce themselves to insulting someones hometown in order to bolster their argument, has no argument.
Just look at Finns insistence that I am 17 because of my username.
Talk about putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5.
LOL! Us Clevelanders get it all the time! We're a gritty bunch, so we can take it, and give it back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies