Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 10:48 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Do you think Michael Stanley smoked pot?
Sure, why not, ANYONE that is someone has smoked pot at one time. I bought my first bag from my mom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 10:55 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is obviously more than one person. Google "marijuana and cardiac arrhythmia" and you will find dozens of studies. Rapid heart beat and arrhythmia are common symptoms, and with some people it can lead to serious problems. If you experience rapid heart beat or arrhymia when smoking pot, you should seriously consider giving it up, because it could trigger something worse, not to mention that rapid heart beat is uncomfortable to beging with.

Here is a forum with some people talking about their experiences: Marijuana caused arrhythmia - Heart Rhythm - MedHelp
So what? Some kids get so sick after eating peanuts, they have to go to the emergency room. So explain in view of that why society hasn't banned peanuts? Probably because such kids learn quick to avoid peanuts. The same can surely be said of marijuana users who have serious medical problems when using it.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sure, why not, ANYONE that is someone has smoked pot at one time. I bought my first bag from my mom.

LOL! I never had that luxury. My parents had a friend who smoked all the time. My mom said the smell made her sick, though I can't imagine why? I've always loved the smell. I know that my step dad has done it on ocassion, and once saw a little baggy in the cabinet when I was about 14 or 15. I didn't grab from it though. It was probably our friend who had left it behind.

I never kept it in my house as a teen. No sir. But people always had it, so if I wanted to smoke, I did.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,317,959 times
People leave their kids in hot cars all day. This is a parenting issue.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:20 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Back to conspiring to commit crime? I don't think so
It is not a crime to grow marijuana in Alaska, providing you keep it to 20 plants or less.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
I've been there, and liked it. I'll probably go again and stay at St Thomas. Try mixing the local pineapple and coconut rums and add a splash of OJ (or even without OJ, just ice)

but i quit drinking alcohol,.. that cruzan dark rum was< me buddy on de weekends not anymore thought.. me's only smokes a little greed bud now,,i do no other drugs.. like me said before, i drink no booze, i do no prescription drugs, and i do no hard drugs of any kind..

rum n coke used to be me drink of choice,,or heineken...

if i quit weed i would be as straight as an arrow

Old 06-21-2012, 01:44 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is not a crime to grow marijuana in Alaska, providing you keep it to 20 plants or less.

that sounds good 20 plants,, i could do with less, but twenty is good it's nice to grow your own fresh lettuce.. notin better than fresh lettuce.. sweet..

maybe i should move to alaska,, but dang that place is cold! and you have to grow your lettuce with grow lights up there..

Last edited by cruxan; 06-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: me wants to move to alaska?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:50 PM

56 posts, read 41,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why do people need recreational drugs anyway? Does one's life stink that much one has to go through life stoned?
It's just a hobby. Why do people need sports? Sports can be dangerous as well but it's fun. So you take the risk!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:56 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
I'd say about 80% of pot smokers experience cardiac arrythmia from time to time, and many expoerience it every time they take the drug. Sure, speed and coke trigger it too. What's your point?
You present a post on something that is supposed to support your stance on marijuana and I reply to with the same specifics you present and you have to ask what's my point?

Old 06-21-2012, 02:15 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Back to conspiring to commit crime? I don't think so

It's not a crime in California either. The MM access law went into effect on August 1 1996.
How many plants an individual can grow is dependent upon the county you are in. Each county has a different set of guidelines.
In some counties if you have a plant or two and don't have card, they still will leave you alone.
It's not worth the trouble and expence to arrest someone for two plants in the backyard when there are people taking over public lands and growing massive amounts destine for the black market. Who go around shooting guns and won't let the hunters use the land for what it's is there for.
These black market growers damage the land and scare people off, their smoke may remain in the states, but the money goes south.
If marijuana was legal, then the tax payers could have the publics lands back because the commercial growers would no longer have a cash crop.
At 'home', people who live and dress a bit progressive/alternative would no longer be turned down when looking for a rental house. Commercial growers have been renting houses and tearing them up from the inside to 'blow it up' with lights in all the bedrooms. Because a lot of these growers have a certain 'fashion sense'- landlords assume anyone else who looks like that is going to grow in thier rental.
Several people I know have had to stay in campgrounds or where ever they could because no one would rent to them. They had a good rental history and would not be growing, but it was near impossible to rent a nice home in a good neighborhood.
Take big money out of the marijuana industry, make it legal so people can grow outdoors in an actual garden, and then the landlords won't be so quick to turn good tenants away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies