Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 01:43 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I hate to bust some of your bubbles but I went to college with two of the biggest "potheads" on campus and surprising enough they were engineering students, one mechanical and one was a civil. Everyone knew that they were getting high in the dorm but the powers to be simply ignored them because they were carrying GPAs of 3.8 and 3.9 respectively and did not bother anyone. My point is that there are others that are in similar positions all over the country and are (or will be) building our bridges, roads, buildings and are running multi-billion dollar companies while smoking weed, considering the only people that are being drug tested are the poor and "replaceable" people in the lower rungs of the company.
I've lost interest in trying to prove that marijauna should be legal. I've just taken the approach that don't stand in between me and my freedom when I'm harming no one.

I say that violently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 02:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I've lost interest in trying to prove that marijauna should be legal. I've just taken the approach that don't stand in between me and my freedom when I'm harming no one.

I say that violently.

I concur
If someone wants to get their smoke on and not bother anyone in the privacy of their own homes why should anyone else care?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Since your post a new study we must all believe.
Most of them are to paranoid to hit anything not to mention are always on a constant state of alert

"Be alert, the world needs more of them"

Old 09-01-2012, 02:42 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
I hate to bust some of your bubbles but I went to college with two of the biggest "potheads" on campus and surprising enough they were engineering students, one mechanical and one was a civil. Everyone knew that they were getting high in the dorm but the powers to be simply ignored them because they were carrying GPAs of 3.8 and 3.9 respectively and did not bother anyone. My point is that there are others that are in similar positions all over the country and are (or will be) building our bridges, roads, buildings and are running multi-billion dollar companies while smoking weed, considering the only people that are being drug tested are the poor and "replaceable" people in the lower rungs of the company.
But they might start sleeping with the jazz musicians and we can't have that!!!!

Old 09-01-2012, 06:41 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
It really pisses me off when some Americans or the government feels that they can invade on other citizen's freedoms when they cause no harm to others.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
But they might start sleeping with the jazz musicians and we can't have that!!!!
That was the fear in the 60s and early 70s, now they are afraid of them sleeping with the rappers or <gasp> heaven forbid Willie Nelson!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:36 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,691,766 times
Posts like this are just down right silly. While one person makes a mistake on pot thousands kill each other on the roadways drunk out of their minds and marijuana is the bad guy. I remember a case where partiers high on LSD baked a baby in the oven. Recently a 100 year old man ran over a bunch of kids. The drug king in the south is prescription drugs and meth labs. Drug store are being robbed for their pain meds and the money goes untouched. How often to you hear of any crime committed while the person is high on marijuana? Now how many DUI's do you hear about?

25% of our prison system is people with minor marijuana drug charges. Each one of these cost taxpayers $28,000 annually to hold behind bars.

The truth is that if American pharmaceutical companies could find a way to patent marijuana it would be in every drug store throughout the world reaping huge profits. The only reason it is illegal is because our politicians are controlled by big business and pharmaceuticals are one of the main puppet string pullers.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
That was the fear in the 60s and early 70s, now they are afraid of them sleeping with the rappers or <gasp> heaven forbid Willie Nelson!
There is a song about not smoking with Willie again!!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:15 AM

923 posts, read 1,430,163 times

I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again - YouTube

Old 09-03-2012, 06:16 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"A mother in Arizona left her 5-week-old baby on top of her car and drove away, not even noticing when the seat and the baby fell off in the middle of an intersection. Fortunately the baby was uninjured and was later found by neighbors still strapped into his safety seat, according to ABC.
Catalina Clouser, the infant’s 19-year-old mother who had allegedly been smoking marijuana, was arrested for charges of child abuse and driving under the influence. She reportedly drove a dozen miles before realizing her baby was missing, states The Tucson Citizen."

5-week-old Baby Winds Up in Middle of Intersection | TheCelebrityCafe.com
that woman should go to jail and have her baby taken away! and be spaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies