Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scenester View Post
There are prescribed pills with THC where the high is blocked. The patients can take those. The ones who advocate for smoked medical marijuana really just want to get high.

Why artificially create something that A) is expensive B) doesn't work as well and C) blocks the "feel better" components? I don't think you know what "high" is since you posts suggest you think it's an incoherent, out of control state of conscious.

Unless someone tells you they smoke pot you would have no clue. Look up, it's usually people in positions of power (and stress) so managers, bosses, etc. would be the ones most likely if nobody at your stage/level is doing it that you know of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenester View Post
There are prescribed pills with THC where the high is blocked. The patients can take those. The ones who advocate for smoked medical marijuana really just want to get high.

Quite frankly it's none of your business. And furthermore, name one thing that man hasn't synthesized that doesn't end up becoming more harmful? No thanks. I'd rather have the natural solution.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:47 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why do people need recreational drugs anyway? Does one's life stink that much one has to go through life stoned?
People have been using mind altering substances since the beginning of time. It's NOT going to stop anytime soon.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You forgot to mention the fact that her producers have to use the autotuner on that yodel of hers.

As a former DJ, I'm glad I'm done working the clubs. From 2008 on (and I'm being generous here when I say 2008) the quality of music has really gone down hill. Maybe I'm finally showing my age. I think were I still working the clubs at this point my ears would bleed having to play all of this new regurgitated crap.

Oh now where were we? Ah yes, marijuana. Thought that I was having that stereotypical "stoner" moment there.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM

679 posts, read 661,003 times
Operating while impaired on anything is illegal. Alcohol isn't harmless yet it is still legal. I think you are floating around bad excuses for a moralist argument.

How pathetic.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,401,273 times
Quote:
You forgot to mention the fact that her producers have to use the autotuner on that yodel of hers.
She's bloody awful, to be honest. She can't sing for ****. Even Lady Gag-gag would be preferable to Kesha. Autotoned crap. What happened to music?

Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Hair metal was the beginning of the end, the advent of using the autotuner was the last nail in the coffin.
Now, I wonder what happened to our little friend?

Hey now. I grew up on hair metal, as well as the heavier stuff. However; I do like a bit of everything, with the exception of country.

Maybe his time for computer usage at the library expired. Either that, or mommy and daddy came home for lunch, and decided it was time for him to go outside and play.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Hey now. I grew up on hair metal, as well as the heavier stuff. However; I do like a bit of everything, with the exception of country.

Maybe his time for computer usage at the library expired. Either that, or mommy and daddy came home for lunch, and decided it was time for him to go outside and play.
I actually like some hair metal, too....what I was really speaking about was the corporatism that happened the 80s with music.
As Louis Armstrong said; "Theres only 2 kinds of music, good and bad. We play the good kind".
Yeah.......I'm thinking Mom came home and made him clean his room.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Britney?
Really?
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:10 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"A mother in Arizona left her 5-week-old baby on top of her car and drove away, not even noticing when the seat and the baby fell off in the middle of an intersection. Fortunately the baby was uninjured and was later found by neighbors still strapped into his safety seat, according to ABC.
Catalina Clouser, the infant’s 19-year-old mother who had allegedly been smoking marijuana, was arrested for charges of child abuse and driving under the influence. She reportedly drove a dozen miles before realizing her baby was missing, states The Tucson Citizen."

5-week-old Baby Winds Up in Middle of Intersection | TheCelebrityCafe.com
I have never heard anyone say it was harmless just less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes...which are both legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies