Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nope. You just proved my point. Your high and mighty fight for marijuana legalization is BS. You don't care about any one else. You don't care about other people, only yourself. ALL you care about is getting high, and doing it without any legal repercussions. NOTHING else.

The issue is for more reaching then you want to delve into. All you care about is yourself and other dope smokers. As long as you get yours, you don't care about others.
It was serious over-reaching on your part.
Do people drink in all of these places?

How about we make alcohol illegal.
How'd that work?
I don't smoke pot and haven't in 30 years.
I don't care what others do. Why do you?

Want big government deeply entrenched in your life?
I sure don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Straw man's like this are only hurting the cause.
It's not a strawman.

I'm allergic to petrochemicals and aldehydes.
It affects my neuro-muscular system; it is dangerous for me to be around many fragrance products.
People have sprayed my cubicle with perfumes to watch me fall down.
I was assaulted with it.

Does another person smoking pot affect you that way?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle School Mustache View Post
Straw man's like this are only hurting the cause.
Fragrance Allergies: A Sensory Assault

Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenester View Post
Thanks for posting that. Those studies are damning evidence against marijuana.
So what? Many of the studies suggest marijuana should not start being used at an early age. Most people who support legalizing marijuana would want it banned from young people under 21 buying any. It would probably work out better than now, considering how so many kids say they can get a hold of a joint easier than something legal--alcohol.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,626,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. It is actually far more harmful than I thought. I provided references to dozens of medical studies and the results are downright scary. 10% of all mental psychosis cases in US are triggered by marijuana.
Yet, it still leaves you looking silly in defending a government program that has so miserably failed, the prohibition of marijuana. My God, do you not realize a survey has found that high school kids these days are more likely to smoke joints than cigarettes? By the way, if you still can't locate studies showing the rate of schizophrenia has been accelerating upward in this country, why be alarmed about marijuana and mental illness?

Meanwhile, why is your concern lacking over studies that have found that 40 to 80% of the people who have schizophrenia smoke cigarettes?

Old 06-07-2012, 11:42 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I wonder how many of you who live in apartment complexes, condo's, or even houses which are close to one another, would be happy with your neighbors smoking marijuana? Yes. You maybe for the legalization of it, however, for me and MILLIONS of other people, marijuana smoke stinks worse then cigarette smoke (although, not much more). How many would really want that nasty smell, wafting throughout their homes? Legalize it, and there is NOTHING which can be done. Then what?
I rented a room in a house where there was plenty of both. The cigarette smoke was kept in the garden. I didn't mind the other which filtered in. Cigarette smoke makes it hard for me to breath. It wasn't the smoking that bothered me but the one person who also drowned her sorrows in booze. If all she'd done was smoke she'd have mellowed out and slept. Booze, she stomped around and screamed at everyone until she passed out.

I'd much rather live next to someone who smoked marajuana than tabacco or a heavy drinker with a temper.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,251,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Making pot legal doesn't mean you will be able to smoke it anywhere you want. I don't imagine there would be a free for all and many places ban smoking even cigs. This is about decriminalization and, like drinking alcohol, it's not something folks could just whip out and do whenever/wherever they want. Of all the things to worry about, have a pot smoking section at D'land is probably the last. It's not all or nothing, it never is!
I'd assume it would apply just the same as tabacco. You don't smoke inside or where *smoking* is prohibited of any kind. So unless the tabacco puffers can stand by the door you don't need to walk by them.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:54 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'd assume it would apply just the same as tabacco. You don't smoke inside or where *smoking* is prohibited of any kind. So unless the tabacco puffers can stand by the door you don't need to walk by them.
I'd assume it wouldn't be allowed anywhere too public at all. Like alcohol consumption.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 AM

49 posts, read 28,972 times
The only people that would consider harmless are the drug addicts and idiots that are high 24/7.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:03 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,274,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I rented a room in a house where there was plenty of both. The cigarette smoke was kept in the garden. I didn't mind the other which filtered in. Cigarette smoke makes it hard for me to breath. It wasn't the smoking that bothered me but the one person who also drowned her sorrows in booze. If all she'd done was smoke she'd have mellowed out and slept. Booze, she stomped around and screamed at everyone until she passed out.

I'd much rather live next to someone who smoked marajuana than tabacco or a heavy drinker with a temper.
Yes, for YOU. However, understand, people call local police departments everyday about the nasty smell of marijuana being burned. Everyday people are concerned about their children.

Marijuana is a mind altering/mood altering drug. People can fight and argue, all they want. If it didn't alter your mood, it wouldn't be a drug and no one would be complaining. People smoke marijuana to get "high." To get out of reality and to "think different." We could go on for miles.

Now, in a public place, when marijuana is legal; and it shall become legal. Its only a matter of time. What do you do with the men/women who openly smoke, its their right now, in front of children? Make THAT a crime? To what end? A felony or misdemeanor for child endangerment? To what end and how does the police prove it? Most likely, especially where I live/work, the PARENTS would be the ones smoking.

Has ANY liberal dope smoker thought these ideas through? Given it two cents and come up with a solution? Or is it they just want to keep care of themselves and no one else?

I see NO ONE addressing these issues and wanting to solve them. NO ONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies