Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 11:41 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
These are typical stories of addiction. An addict will keep denying there is a problem, and will not quit unless first admits there is a problem. They will keep repeating "I don't have a problem", and "I can quit any time I want" etc, and that denial keeps them from seeking help.
If marijuana is so highly addictive and harmful to the human body, then why the hell should the government be sending out hundreds of joints to at least 4 people every month? This has been going on for many years and those 4 people haven't died from addiction. Don't you worry what kids will think when they find out about this story? They'll think adults had been fibbing to them all along when it comes to the dangers of using marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 11:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So what? Legal federal medical marijuana patient Irvin Rosenfeld has been getting 300 FREE joints in a can sent to him by the government every month for over two decades and he performs just fine at his job as a stock broker. He wouldn't dare quit smoking that FREE pot.

A lot of people seem totally ignorant how, as a result of a court settlement, the government sends how hundreds of FREE joints to at least four people every month and they don't have to worry about being busted over it. This is so grossly unfair to the many thousands of other people who have serious medical conditions that can be treated by medical marijuana.
Quote:
If marijuana is so highly addictive and harmful to the human body, then why the hell should the government be sending out hundreds of joints to at least 4 people every month? This has been going on for many years and those 4 people haven't died from addiction. Don't you worry what kids will think when they find out about this story? They'll think adults had been fibbing to them all along when it comes to the dangers of using marijuana.

Damn, how in the Hell do the rest of us get in on that racket?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:58 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Damn, how in the Hell do the rest of us get in on that racket?
Nobody can any more. Around 1990 too many homosexuals with AIDS and other very sick people were wanting in on the program. The program was ended because it was making marijuana look too good by conflicting with the government viewpoint that marijuana was subject to abuse and had no accepted medical value.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM

37,122 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Pesky facts and details!

What will those who are against legalization do when it's legal (decriminalized for personal use)? Fight to make it illegall again, find something to else to focus on, or just go on with their lives? It'll be interesting to see.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Nobody can any more. Around 1990 too many homosexuals with AIDS and other people were wanting in on the program. The program was ended because it was making marijuana look too good by conflicting with the government viewpoint that marijuana was subject to abuse and had no accepted medical value.

Well, I guess we're just going to have to continue on with going the route of states legalizing it for medical purposes. As more and more do, so you have to figure at some point the Feds will say enough is enough, and repeal the ban. You would think that they would be smart enough to know that based on what happened with alcohol, prohibition just does not work.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 PM

37,122 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Well, I guess we're just going to have to continue on with going the route of states legalizing it for medical purposes. As more and more do, so you have to figure at some point the Feds will say enough is enough, and repeal the ban. You would think that they would be smart enough to know that based on what happened with alcohol, prohibition just does not work.
I think they are smart enough to know that. Many benefit by keeping it illegal, at least "on the books". I'd love to know the whole story but I do know it's easier to get to someone legally via pot laws even if you can't get to them on the bigger stuff. It's like having a foot in the door

Old 06-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Pesky facts and details!

What will those who are against legalization do when it's legal (decriminalized for personal use)? Fight to make it illegall again, find something to else to focus on, or just go on with their lives? It'll be interesting to see.
That is a good question. I'd love to hear some responses. It will be interesting to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think they are smart enough to know that. Many benefit by keeping it illegal, at least "on the books". I'd love to know the whole story but I do know it's easier to get to someone legally via pot laws even if you can't get to them on the bigger stuff. It's like having a foot in the door

I know a lot of special interest groups fear losing money if it is legalized. In the end, I think by legalizing it will be better for the economy as a whole, than trying to satisfy a few special interest groups.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,545 times
61% in Colorado Favor Legalizing, Regulating Marijuana - Rasmussen Reports™

Old 06-11-2012, 12:36 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
I know people that have smoked pot for years, and stopped with no problem. What is your point? Other than we've already established you're very much against legalizing it for fear of what someone "may or may not do."
The point is obvious.

I am here because I want to see someone present a good reason for legalizing it, but so far I have only seen "alcohol and cigarettes are worse". That is not much of an argument. Also, the the pro-drug crowd does not hesiste to lie and downplay the risks, and that approach always reveals a weak position. Pro pot team has displayed all classic signs of weak position, so I remain totally unconvinced about the wisdom of legalizing it.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:50 PM

49 posts, read 28,966 times
I see nothing useful in legalizing marijuana except that there will be more hippie potheads and drug addicts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies