Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 07:21 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,119,971 times

Advertisements

Good point!! Anyone and everyone that gets charged with marijuana charges should stop taking a "deal" from prosecutors and ask for jury trials. Jury nullification!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 07:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Good point!! Anyone and everyone that gets charged with marijuana charges should stop taking a "deal" from prosecutors and ask for jury trials. Jury nullification!!!!

Like I said, don't let me be that guy. Especially if there has been no violent crime committed!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
If you want opinions of medical experts like doctors and counselors and scientific reasearchers just go to BBC health section and type in Marijuana and you will get many reports on the harm of the drug. Otherwise your just listening to street talk opinions. Go with the professionals opinions.

Are these the same people that some years ago endorsed misleading films like Reefer Madness?

Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Travel agencies make a point of warning people going to Portugal, because it is so common there.

Truthfully that is common pretty much everywhere here in the states

Old 06-13-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyanAmerican View Post
And that makes them weak and pathetic maybe suicide would be a better option for them instead of being a drag on society with drug dependency, violence, and crime.

I guess that you have not been in this country long enough to know that intoxicants are the backbone of this country. Between alcohol, coffee, tobbacco and prescription drugs billions of dollars are made weekly just on these items alone, so who in the hell are you to come over here and suggest that these American men and women should kill themselves for being a "drag on society".

There are people that work their butts off with two and sometimes three jobs and if they want to come home and have a beer or even a joint, well GOD FREAKING BLESS THEM!

Old 06-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Portugal saw a sharp increase in property crime and homicide as a result on the legislation, while other European counties did not see an increase. That is a fact that any country who considers legalizing needs to take a hard look at.
That right there should tell you something, if you are comparing all of the countries that have decriminalized Hemp and one or two crime rates go up and the others do not, does'nt mean that there are other factors that must be the cause? Are you comparing countries that decriminalized all drugs verses the ones that just did hemp? If so that woulf be in itself a bad comparision

Old 06-13-2012, 09:32 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
That right there should tell you something, if you are comparing all of the countries that have decriminalized Hemp and one or two crime rates go up and the others do not, does'nt mean that there are other factors that must be the cause? Are you comparing countries that decriminalized all drugs verses the ones that just did hemp? If so that woulf be in itself a bad comparision
that guy blindly grabs at the bottom of the barrel.. i think he's got a cushy job with big pharma

Old 06-13-2012, 09:33 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess that you have not been in this country long enough to know that intoxicants are the backbone of this country. Between alcohol, coffee, tobbacco and prescription drugs billions of dollars are made weekly just on these items alone, so who in the hell are you to come over here and suggest that these American men and women should kill themselves for being a "drag on society".

There are people that work their butts off with two and sometimes three jobs and if they want to come home and have a beer or even a joint, well GOD FREAKING BLESS THEM!

And I'll bet this person calls himself/herself a Christian. God bless you, unless you partake in something that I don't agree with, and then you should die! I'm sure God would be pleased with that thought process.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
that guy blindly grabs at the bottom of the barrel.. i think he's got a cushy job with big pharma
I really think that the real probelm is that corperations and some politicians realize that Americans have been dumbed down for so long that it takes very little to convince them to believe anything that they want them to believe. A good example is in the 30's they had advertisements stating that ciggarette smoking was good for you.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And I'll bet this person calls himself/herself a Christian. God bless you, unless you partake in something that I don't agree with, and then you should die! I'm sure God would be pleased with that thought process.
It's ok he just wants to part of the conversation eventhough he has no clue as whats going on.

"The lights are on, but no one is home"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies